You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul Konchesky

Cantrell20

I feel so sorry for that lad, and its all down to Hodgson's lack of judgement. He wasn't up to scratch, though he tried his best. His mother fucked things up good style and he had no chance, mediocre or otherwise.

If he'd stayed at Fulham, he'd have been happy and appreciated, I feel so sorry for him. Hodgson has a lot to answer for.

Best thing he's said: the anti Simena-Pongolle:

Konchesky: "It is so small up here - so there’s no hiding" | live4liverpool.com

“The fans have not seen the best of me yet, Hopefully, I can kick on in the new year. Liverpool are a big club with a great history. We must try to get the club back to where it belongs. It is so small up here. There are two teams and most of the people support Liverpool – so there’s no hiding. In London, though, you have four or five good teams. You can go out there and not even think about it.”

He isn't the worst player in our team. Lucas consistently put in worse performances than this lad when he joined the team, and is only this season putting in performances that are on balance just about good enough for the team. I like Lucas. Kuyt's performances have been worse than Konchesky for 80-90% of his Liverpool career.

So yes, he's not shown that he's good enough, but let's not pretend that this is a new phenomenon.

He is really really bald though.

I don't think he is as bad as people are making him out to be. In a settled back 4 he could be part of a solid unit. Has he been any worse than say Skrtel or Johnson this season for instance? The whole back 4 as a unit has been average, bit unfair to single him out. He is actually a tidy footballer in possession and he finds a red shirt most of the time but just took a couple of roastings v speedsters Nani and Aaron Lennon earlier in the season.

His mum in a bit of a tit though but I won't lose any sleep over what she said either to be honest.

He isn't the worst player in our team. Lucas consistently put in worse performances than this lad when he joined the team, and is only this season putting in performances that are on balance just about good enough for the team. I like Lucas. Kuyt's performances have been worse than Konchesky for 80-90% of his Liverpool career.

So yes, he's not shown that he's good enough, but let's not pretend that this is a new phenomenon.

He is really really bald though.

He was good last year and has improved this year I think.

These past 12 months have shown a great rise in his ability and he has been one of our best players this season, which isn't saying much...

• 6 years later...

Kuyt. The player for the big occasion. Except he always lost the big occasion. He was the most overrated Liverpool player of my time supporting us. Slow, without skill, innumerable moves breaking down due to him, actually not that good at working back, busy running style - he'd never get in a Klopp team. His chance conversion rate was laughable as well.

Kuyt. The player for the big occasion. Except he always lost the big occasion. He was the most overrated Liverpool player of my time supporting us. Slow, without skill, innumerable moves breaking down due to him, actually not that good at working back, busy running style - he'd never get in a Klopp team. His chance conversion rate was laughable as well.

Dementia is a terrible thing.

• Upvote 1

You make some fair points there,its the bitterness that kills.

I'd say his conversion rate was no worse than Firmino's.

I would suggest a bit of "knowing when you've been horrendously wrong and that doubling down just makes you look doubly stupid" knowledge might have been the go here matey.

• Upvote 2

I would suggest a bit of "knowing when you've been horrendously wrong and that doubling down just makes you look doubly stupid" knowledge might have been the go here matey.

sorry JJ, you have your opinion and so do I.  Kuyt was one of those players who looked all action but when you analysed his 90 minute performance, he would usually give the opposition defenders one of their easiest games of the season.  I used to go to matches much more regularly that I do these days, and watching him 'off camera' was telling; he would let, say, the opposition full back almost walk past him with the ball, and not bother to chase back.  His lack of pace meant that attacks would invariably slow down to nothing when the ball was passed to him, and he would often lost control of the ball.  

I can understand the 'plucky loser' mentality that many people love about him, but if you watched more than the highlights you could see he was a poor player for us, and took away more than he brought to the table.  If you think that makes me stupid, then that's just something I'll have to eventually come to terms with. 

sorry JJ, you have your opinion and so do I. Kuyt was one of those players who looked all action but when you analysed his 90 minute performance, he would usually give the opposition defenders one of their easiest games of the season. I used to go to matches much more regularly that I do these days, and watching him 'off camera' was telling; he would let, say, the opposition full back almost walk past him with the ball, and not bother to chase back. His lack of pace meant that attacks would invariably slow down to nothing when the ball was passed to him, and he would often lost control of the ball.

I can understand the 'plucky loser' mentality that many people love about him, but if you watched more than the highlights you could see he was a poor player for us, and took away more than he brought to the table. If you think that makes me stupid, then that's just something I'll have to eventually come to terms with.

Dude. The fact that you even brought up Kuyt to defend your misjudgement on the Konch, which was primarily motivated by your misjudgement on the Hodge, and yet you still keep ploughing the furrow is a display of expert chutzpah.

I doff my cap.

• Upvote 3