You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mafia 2

Mel Wood

reviews for it have been dreadful

Some. Eurogamer really went to town but then I don't trust them one bit as they are constantly underrating good games and overrating shit ones. They gave it a 4/10.

I'm starting to think it could be a rental job first though. Just incase.

Going to Game in a bit so I'll have a look around, might still buy it, the lad in there knows his stuff so if he gives it the okay I'm on it.

Some. Eurogamer really went to town but then I don't trust them one bit as they are constantly underrating good games and overrating shit ones. They gave it a 4/10.

They also gave the first Mafia game 4/10, and that was a superb, atmospheric and emotionally involving title with the best ending to a game that I can remember.

That said, the first game was a PC title ported to the consoles, so I could well believe that the sequel has been "consolised" to some extent.

Couldn't get my copy so got AvP and Yakuza instead which will both probably go back on friday for Mafia 2.

I wouldn't get rid of Yakuza 3 ( I assume it's 3). It's a great game which takes ages to complete, if you get into it you'll still be playing it a couple of months time. Less said about AvP the better though.

It's meant to be shit, no surprise as the first on was just a pale GTA imitator.

I think that's harsh; the first one was kind of the anti-GTA and very welcome for it, even though GTA is one of my all-time favourite series. If you razzed around at top speed, you'd probably crash, or be busted by police, and you couldn't just take enemies on Rambo-style when one shot could kill you.

What system did you play Mafia on?

I think that's harsh; the first one was kind of the anti-GTA and very welcome for it, even though GTA is one of my all-time favourite series. If you razzed around at top speed, you'd probably crash, or be busted by police, and you couldn't just take enemies on Rambo-style when one shot could kill you.

What system did you play Mafia on?

PS2, rented it.

Just finished it there now. Not bad, but not overly stunning.

What i liked about the Original was it was Unique. Not as much freedom as in GTA say or The Godfather. It was just purely based around the Campaign. The free ride mode was there for farting about.

But they just turned Mafia into half GTA half godfather. Far too much freedom for it too make it a believable storyline.

7/10

Worth a play definately but I wouldnt buy it.