You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

hashimwars

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coventry 5 Liverpool 1.

I believe you young'uns say "close fucking thread" round about now.

Jesus, the first treble winners lost 4-0 there!

There is a massive point you are missing (or ignoring).

All the other teams we had who took a mugging - you knew we could fix it. If something was shite we could change it, get rid and get better in.

We can't do that now. Any player, ANY FECKING PLAYER, we lose now, will be replaced by lesser quality. Some don't like Lucas....if we got rid, we would be getting Jonathon Greening.

And that's why we have the Rush and Fowler suites and the Keegan Gates and the Dalglish statue.

Not sure if you meant to put a ? at the end of your quote or not.

My point was in reply to a sentence that mentioned a Rafa v Roy or us and them situation.

My point is that I support the team/club and whoever is in charge gets my backing until they move on and I'm not looking for excuses to shoot them down and hope they fail,I want them to do well because I support the club and team.

Rafas gone and thanks for the memories and now Roy has my full support until he moves on.

In my lifetime it was the same for Shanks,Paisley,Fagan,Dalglish,Souness(for a while)Evans,Houllier,Rafa and now Roy.

We have favourite players,managers and even teams but we support the club ultimately.

We respect past achievements but must look to the future because that's the only direction we are heading.

Where Roy is guilty in my eyes, is for taking the job in the first place. He must know he is well out of his depth in todays modern game, not even a pro footballer to fall back or simular experiences.

The problem is Roy has shot above his wieght and he will pay the price for it.

In the matter of the Inter for Kuyt matter I think Hodgson has been very weak and petty. First he claims publicly he has called Moratti reminding the world, in that pathetic way of his, that he, too, used to be a manager at Inter. He also wanted to show he could go over Rafa's head - even though by so doing he only reinforced the fact that at Inter the manager is not in charge of transfers. But neither is the President. So even if the President gave him the assurances he said he got - which I very much much doubt - Inter as a club would do things in their usual, well managed way.

I believe the most Moratti would have said was that they would not make any illegal approach to any player - would not talk to a player without getting LFC's permission. Hodgson was still not satisfied with his little ego-boosting sally into the press he had to return with the insinuation that Rafa was acting illegally. First, Hodgson reveals that Rafa had agreed not to "poach" players. The term's of Rafa's release from LFC are not Hodgson's or the public's business. And the word "poach" is loaded. His statement was also inaccurate. And his entire insinuation about Rafa's supposed dealing with the agent was based on his "suspicions" which he does not support with any evidence.

Now Inter speaks out officially and the player they want is Masch and they have made a formal approach to LFC before speaking to the player, contrary to Hodgson flanneling.

Those who wanted Rafa out will defend Hodgson until the day he's sacked.

They will not, why would they?

Those who wanted Rafa sacked seems to have a pretty reasoned view of things so if Hodgson does not make the cut, I`m pretty sure they will see it.

I`f only you could say the same about everyone, I really dont see the connection you try to suggest exists here.

Guest ian garro
Those who wanted Rafa sacked seems to have a pretty reasoned view of things so if Hodgson does not make the cut, I`m pretty sure they will see it.

As long as you agree with them, then yes, I suppose they do.

This thread is bollocks by the way.

Nothing strange about it. We win, the manager's a genius. We lose, he fucked up. The same goes for all fans and all managers to some extent or other.

Bollocks.

He can win the next x amount of games but he'll still be what he is- an inferior replacement, presiding over a team rapidly heading away from competitiveness.

I don't hate Woy, I just don't agree with his appointment.

I want him to reverse my opinion of him, but I don't think he will.

In my eyes, he ain't good enough to be our manager, but he is, I'll get behind the team, I will give him time, and of course I'll give him enough rope to hang himself with.

Again, it ain't Woy's fault he's here, but the clubs hierarchy and that's where the blame lies.

There is a massive point you are missing (or ignoring).

All the other teams we had who took a mugging - you knew we could fix it. If something was shite we could change it, get rid and get better in.

We can't do that now. Any player, ANY FECKING PLAYER, we lose now, will be replaced by lesser quality. Some don't like Lucas....if we got rid, we would be getting Jonathon Greening.

I agree with what your saying, but for me greening would be an improvment on Lucas.. but then again as far as im concerned my nan would be an improvement on Lucas.

This thread is bollocks by the way.

Yes, yes it is. Its like a fucking gruesome car accident that you cant look away from. This thread sing threadedly fucked up my Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and will most likely fuck up my tomorrow and the weekend.

Fuck this thread... fuck it to the very depths of hell.

I wanted Rafa out and I was quite optimistic when Roy came in, but the last couple of weeks have left me massively deflated. He seems to be doing his best to turn us into a mid-table club.

We were 7th last season, there is no signficant money to add to the squad, we may lose two players from our starting 11 over the next few days.

We ARE a mid-table club, get used to it.

Why Hodgson should be blamed for THAT, I don't know. Blame him for tactics, formation etc. but don't blame him for either accepting the job or the mess he has walked into. It is a mess not of his own making.

I wanted Rafa out and I was quite optimistic when Roy came in, but the last couple of weeks have left me massively deflated. He seems to be doing his best to turn us into a mid-table club.

Did you think Roy was a billionaire and was going to buy the players himself?

We were 7th last season, there is no signficant money to add to the squad, we may lose two players from our starting 11 over the next few days.

And yet he's spent £2.3 million on a poor goalkeeper who isn't going to play.

We ARE a mid-table club, get used to it.

No, we're not.

Why Hodgson should be blamed for THAT, I don't know. Blame him for tactics, formation etc. but don't blame him for either accepting the job or the mess he has walked into. It is a mess not of his own making.

The only comment I am making about him currently is that I think he's doing a poor job in the transfer market. That's just my opinion. I don't think he's spending what little money we have at all well, but I suppose that time and results will tell.

The only comment I am making about him currently is that I think he's doing a poor job in the transfer market. That's just my opinion. I don't think he's spending what little money we have at all well, but I suppose that time and results will tell.

Fair comment, though we'll have to agree to disagree about the mid-table definition.

We under-achieved last season but if, as I expect, Kuyt and Masch leave and no-one else comes in, I think we'll do well to finish 7th.

As for the transfer dealings, I'll give you Jones, strange one. As for Poulsen, he is clearly not in the same league as Mascherano but then someone in the same league would cost money we do not have.

For my money, Konschewski is better than Insua, so that would be an improvement, though not a big one.

Could not care less about the Europa League, Sunday is what matters and if we mess that up then it is time to START worrying.

Just for memories sake Rafa's first 6 games in charge of LFC

3 wins, 1 draw, 2 defeats, we did beat City 2-1 at home but they'd finished 16th the season before, we drew with Spurs who'd also been down there with City, we lost to Bolton, lost at home to Sturm Graz and scraped through into the CL by 1 goal. In the next 5 games we lost another 3 times.

We'd finished 4th we and qualified for CL, we went on to finish 5th which would normally have meant UEFA cup, we lost to Burnley (remember Traore) in the FAC 3rd round. Bu, of course we went on to have the greatest set of games in the CL in our history.

And we weren't downsizing the squad at the time either, Alonso, Garcia, Carson and Josemi had just been added to Houlliers squad with Morientes to come and Gerrard, Carragher, Hypia, Hamman, Riise, Kewell, Dudek, Finnan and Henchoz still there. Admittedly Owen had decided to seek glory (ha!) elsewhere and Rafa decreed Danny Murphy and Emile Heskey as of no further value.

Let's give the man the time that we gave Rafa and supplemented with that fantastic CL win.

Roy is not the problem- he is the result.

We are no longer a title contender- we are a 4-8 place club and that is not Roy's fault.

There were plenty of people shouting their heads off last season that we should be challenging for the title. I'm not sure what has changed since then, other than a new manager. We're still operating with net profit in the transfer market, we're still selling top players without replacing them properly.

I think quite a few are in for a frighteningly disappointing season.