You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

hashimwars

Have to say there's some fierce knee jerking going on, fuck me its pathetic, the best supporters in the world my bollox.

It was an appalling performance one of/if not the worst i've seen from a LFC side in recent years. What was most apparent to me was we looked disjointed and lacked any sort of continuity. The Masch situation is a fucking joke, yet another saga that has dragged on for way to long, and it is bound to effect the team, sure if Masch was in there instead of Lucas last night it would have been a different story as there would be far better cover for the defense and Stevie could have got forward more instead of being petrified to leave Lucas alone in the middle, which left a huge gaping hole between midfield and the forward line.

Lucas should never start in Liverpool's first 11. Kuyt IMO if good offer comes in we should sell. Johnson has been a horrific waste of money, he is not a defender end of, decent going forward to genuinely cannot defend to save his life and combined with Agger not being a LB and Skrtel being distinctly average, well got our asses handed to us, Milner and Johnson had a field day and Johnso attacking a very nervous and out of place Agger at LB all night long. Jovo was shocking, hopefully thats not what we can expect for him. I know Torres needs to be 100% fully fit to function (similiar to Rooney in that way) but without sounding over the top, he looked mediocre. No pace,no power,no presence,no fight, no heart, looks like a man shot of confidence and passion, we really need him.

I just can't see us playing that bad again, it was plain embarrassing if i'm honest but i'm not gonna knee jerk and say we're bolloxed or that Roy is shite, its his first 2 league games against poxy opposition, he has had little or no money,our star buy Cole was suspended and added to that the Masch debacle and pulling out before the game. He will come good just needs time and to have players that want to be at the club and play for LFC but yes IMO Roy showed a complete lack of urgency, much similar to what Rafa used to do. Picking Lucas was a mistake although i think we all know that Masch would have started instead and Poulsen needs time to adjust so unfortunately Lucas was our only option, and a horrific one at that.

I have no doubts Roy will turn it around, i am sick to fucking death of all of our off the field battles, i long for the day when we can just concentrate 100% on the game of football instead of all this drama, backstabbing and politics.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No club is going to win the league without a billionaire owner in the near future. Manure are hanging on for their lives but their days are finished. The best we can hope for is a top 4 finish, and an away defeat to citeh is not going to end that.

The people lambasting Roy now after two matches was always going to happen after a defeat. Shit the same people have been doing it since he was appointed.

In patches in the game we played ok, it wasn't like Reina was making save after save too. Play that formation away against some of the lower teams and we'll get some good wins. Two games in, people need to chill out.

Narrow as fuck and with no movement whatsoever?

Can we also please nip this 'Hate' idea in the bud. I personally have nothing but respect for Roy. His persona and his obvious intellect are up there with the best, lovely man with a lot of ability. Just unfortunately not at top level.

Correct.

That is just my personal opinion, I think all managers, if you want them to ultimately win the league should have three years.

Barring catastrophe obviously!

In usual circumstances I'd agree with you, but the world has changed. Of course, new owners could make a big difference, but being out of the CL for so long would be catastrophic from both a money and player attraction point of view. If RH doesn't look up to it after this season then I doubt we can afford to give him three years just because it's a fair go.

In patches in the game we played ok, it wasn't like Reina was making save after save too. Play that formation away against some of the lower teams and we'll get some good wins. Two games in, people need to chill out.

Think for most people it's realisation that, at the very least, City have taken "our spot" and Top 6 is the most realistic aim at this moment. Whether it will change with luck, investment, new signings remains to be seen.

I don't think anyone hates him do they? How could you? He comes across as a thoroughly great man. I just don't think he's good enough to be Manager of our club.

Hopefully I'm proved completely wrong but I doubt it, especially when he'll be working under the same conditions his predecessor was.

This!

In fairness to Hodgson i think he has as big a rebuilding job as Benitez had, i just don't think he's the man to do it. Thing is i don't think he'll be around long enough to judge, he won't get any money and therefore results will fail and thus he'll be sacked, bit of a vicious circle really.

Who hates him?

A lot of people have been less than impressed by Hodgsons results and set up from earlier in his career and because of that questioned the appointment, myself included, but I think its far too early to say anything about how he will do this season even if we have had a few indications and sadly they have been more negative than positive when it comes to our peroformances on the pitch.

But lets wait and see what team/squad we actually have the 2nd September before we start all the doom and gloom, as it is now its not good enough to challenge for the positions we should do.

His persona and his obvious intellect are up there with the best, lovely man with a lot of ability. Just unfortunately not at top level.

That's disparaging stuff with a qualifying statement. Hate is the next step. Just wait, you'll get there in the end. I'll just panic instead.

Strange that after pre season people where saying that hodgson was the second coming but after tonight they would gladly take a shit on him so why all the hate? especially after 2 games?

Without reading the rest of the replies thus far.......

I for one was totally gutted with the way we lost last night, not the fact we lost, but the complete cave in and lack of anything we showed.

This for me is not my dislike of the manager or his tactics, although he should have changed things a lot faster.

However, I am looking forward to seeing what Roy can do, when or if he gets to buy the players he wants, and not have to make do with some of the crap he took on.

I, like most people, understand that we should not be looking at winning the title this season, but that doesnt mean I dont hate it when we lose, I want us to win every game, regardless who its against.

I want Roy to be the second coming, who doesnt? but I also understand it wont happen overnight.

I want us to win every game, but we wont.

I want Lucas and ngog to feck off to a league they are more suited to, like the conference, but it wont happen.

So, I dont hate Roy, nor do I think he will sort the team out over night, but, I hope to fuck he wakes up to the shite he has running around the park very very soon.

Lucas must give great head, and ngog must have a huge dick, because apart from shagging the team, they shagged Rafa and now Roy to get a game.

The rest just need a kick up the arse, and a large mirror fitting next to the Anfield sign, as they could all do with a damn good look at themselves after last night.

It's no surprise really is it. There is absolutely nothing on Roys CV that indicates he has the skills necessary to manage a top European club.

That's my take on it as well.

What I find worrying at this point is that a new manager usually brings in optimism, change and better results in the beginning of his reign. Then the problems arise when things don't go so well.

Not so under Hodgson, results are poor from the start. Let's hope we're just about to turn the corner.