You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That’s not true. Chamakh has more league goals than Kuys last 2 seasons. And his overall game is so much better than Kuyts or Jovanovic. Kuyt is a failed striker basically who wasn’t good enough to play upfront as he doesn’t have any outstanding skill, not the quickest, not the best finisher or header of the ball, not great with hi9s link up play.

yep I remember him now played up front for France out here in the world cup didn't he?......no wait... he must have surely after all France had a shite side

If ever there was a thread deserving of the "sky generation fans" tag this is it. Need I remind all of you he was free (2.5M).

He is quick as fuck and knows how to dribble and finish. If Roy's system can conspire to make Torres and Gerrard look clueless it's utterly braindead to pick on Jova in his first month.

If ever there was a thread deserving of the "sky generation fans" tag this is it. Need I remind all of you he was free (2.5M).

He is quick as fuck and knows how to dribble and finish. If Roy's system can conspire to make Torres and Gerrard look clueless it's utterly braindead to pick on Jova in his first month.

I'm certainly no "sky generation fan" but from what I've seen so far IMO Jova is really a squad player , somebody to come off the bench nothing more nothing less.

Hilarious, Chamakh has poor technique and is a shite finisher. 1 in 4 games in the French League. He's good aerially, otherwise very mediocre. Jovanovic has pace and will take his man on, Chamakh finds space in the box and wins balls in the air. Whatever happened to giving a player time to settle into a new league? Walcott has spent years running around like a headless chicken offering fuck all, and you paid £10 million for him. We don't agree on fuck all, two very different players, oh, and Jovanovic wasn't looking for a £10+ million signing on fee.

The funniest thing this summer? Is that Arsenal still have Almunia and Fabianski as their number ones. After trying to sign Reina and Schwarzer.

You still think Chamakh has poor technique?

YouTube - Chamakh vs Braga

I hold my hands up, he's fucking great. How many goals did he score in the shitty Ligue 1? How can I argue with you? You've used Youtube, the definitive showcase of a players talents.

You dont judge players on stats alone, he's overall game is very impressive

You dont judge players on stats alone, he's overall game is very impressive

I'll spell it out for you in simpler terms. He's come up against one decent side so far this season, us. He was anonymous.

You try and talk about him as though he's having a Fernando Torres like impact, but in reality he hasn't pulled out one decent performance against top opposition. When you play some more decent sides soon, we'll see if he can up his game. Then I will use that as a measure of his ability. I've seen all your games, and I haven't been particularly impressed, he's not a bad player, he's average, he hasn't anything to suggest otherwise. I think that's fair.

NB: statistics tell me he's unprolific in a shit league.

• 10 months later...

Im going to put a beer in the fridge, just incase i have something to celebrate later then.

Slysports said his agent flew into England today and the meeting with club officials is this afternoon.

Genuinely, if this guy pisses off, i will be delighted. If we get a fee off Anderlect - i will do a merry dance.