You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Sunday Supplement

chauncey

What's got four legs, three tits, a massive cunt and no idea about football?

The Sunday Supplement breakfast table lolz.

Anyone else masochistic enough to endure it every Sunday? I am, and derive no little perverse pleasure from watching these 'journalists' chat endless brown about The Best Players In The World Playing In The Best League In The World.

Today Andy Dunce of The News Of The Bascombe - I mean, World - says how "Theo" should step up (now that "He can finally grow a decent beard") and be the player to ease the burden of England's talisman Wayne Rooney. Fair fucks to Shaun Cuntis of The S*n, he did mention Gerrard, though I suspect that was more to be an antagonistic twat than to big-up Stevie.

We also had Henry Winter of Clapham Common (and The Daily Telegraph): a man so enamoured of the game he eats balls for breakfast. Listening to his pretentious wordplay and highbrow A-Level Enlish literary references being peppered

with "JT", "Lamps", "Stevie G" and the likes is downright hilarious. Plus, the guy's had more pricks than a second hand dartboard.

Speaking of dartboards, Brian "Wooly" Woolnough's pockmarked fucking face (yeah, thanks a bunch Sky Sports HD) is only out-grossed by that mahoosive swinging jaw. Dude always looks like he's been garying the night before. Talks like it too.

The only I can tolerate seeing is Sam "Wally" Wallace of The Independent, and even that's just to check how much his forehead has grown since the last appearance. Let's see how seriously people take your opinions when you're a slaphead twat, Sammy. Just ask Tony Barrett ;)

Why don't Barrett, Evans or the eminently telegenic Bascombe ever appear? Would love to see the latter sat there in his Fisher-Price highchair.

It's mildly diverting every now and again to see how vain they all are. Steve Curry discovered a wholesale crate of original Grecian 2000 on ebay a while ago so his hair now looks marinated in shit. Woolnough looks like he's had his jowls nipped and tucked. Winter looks more and more confused as to what to do with his beloved but fast-fading hair: sometimes he looks set on going for a Clooneyesque roman cut, but at other times he seems to be favouring a complicated comb-over. Andy Dunn's trendy specs (c.1990) are surely the sign of things to come: it'll be ear studs next. They really are a silly bunch.

• 4 months later...

What always amazes me is just how fucking clueless they are. I mean, genuinely. They write about football for a living but they don't seem to know the first thing about it beyond Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. And it's not like they're just saying things to wind people up, because let's face it, no one watches the fucking thing anyway. A bunch of ugly blokes who look like they slept in a dumpster behind the studio talking absolute shite about football in front of some stale croissants? I'll pass.

Guest San Don

Normally a comedy special but to be fair to Winter, he's talked a bit of sense about us today.

EDIT except for saying hodgson should be kept on!

It's mildly diverting every now and again to see how vain they all are. Steve Curry discovered a wholesale crate of original Grecian 2000 on ebay a while ago so his hair now looks marinated in shit. Woolnough looks like he's had his jowls nipped and tucked. Winter looks more and more confused as to what to do with his beloved but fast-fading hair: sometimes he looks set on going for a Clooneyesque roman cut, but at other times he seems to be favouring a complicated comb-over. Andy Dunn's trendy specs (c.1990) are surely the sign of things to come: it'll be ear studs next. They really are a silly bunch.

What an absolute buffoon that bloke is.

He is useless on SSN reviewing the morning papers as he seems incapable of finding the pieces he had intended to discuss & most of his spot seems to be him getting more & more exasperated & throwing newspapers over his shoulders, while the presenters make rude gestures about him.

I probably even prefer the smug bastard from the Express who can't go 2 sentences without mentioning that he is a class 3 referee.

What an absolute buffoon that bloke is.

He is useless on SSN reviewing the morning papers as he seems incapable of finding the pieces he had intended to discuss & most of his spot seems to be him getting more & more exasperated & throwing newspapers over his shoulders, while the presenters make rude gestures about him.

I probably even prefer the smug bastard from the Express who can't go 2 sentences without mentioning that he is a class 3 referee.

Mick Dennis, perchance?

Winter has terrible teeth. I love judging the physical appearance of vain men in the morning.

*punches air*

Does anyone remember what they were like when Rioch got the push and Arsenal got "that four-eyed frog only good enough to manage a Japanese team"?

Or the pleas for patience when Ramos was replaced by Redknapp?

They've staked their reps and are looking for outs; supporter impatience being number one.

With regard to Hodgson, they spouted shit about...

being given more time - well what else would you expect from his bunch of chums?

The lack of decent players - but still Winter named 7 of the 8 who ripped the mancs to shreds, are still there

He's only had one transfer window and he hasn't had the chance to put 'his' team out - When the chump had a transfer window, he bought shite like Poulsen and Konchesky, the total opposite of the expected norm, that is to improve on what you've already got.

But never, never once, do they dare mention the shite defensive hoofball tactics he sends his team out with. It doesn't matter if he was able to buy Xavi and Iniesta, if the instructions are to defend and pump long balls up to Torres, all the wonderful midfield ball playing megastars in the world are going to be bypassed, and may as well sit at home watching a movie.

I know which I'd find more enjoyable and entertaining.

the last time i saw it was the weekend of wilkins sacking from chelsea ,i have never seen anything like it beesley was being really aggressive towards the other hacks when it was suggested chelasea were in crisis.i know hacks have their own teams but this was way over the top,he was butting in a talking with a mouthfull of food the ignorant cunt,he was that aggressive that if it had been in a pub it would of boiled over, funny he aint been on since