You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Huang withdraws from sale process - What Next?

SpiritOfShankly

Al, no idea who the Committee member was but presumably you do.

The limited point I am making was that as you know the release got delayed but at the end of the day it made no difference as the whole Moores thing never went anywhere anyway other than being a five minute wonder.

So much so Graham the SOS's very own Peter Hooton was on radio merseyside commenting on the Moores statement. He even thanked the two people responsible for getting Moores to talk. Tony Evans was one. cant remember if the other was Barrett or Kev Samson. Anyway, the whole idea of getting Moores to talk was to drum up press interest about the clubs plight. Maybe you should go and ask Tony Evans why he thought it so important to chase the storey. While the results may not have been earth shattering, it managed to coax Hicks out from under his rock.

As for "five minute wonder" you may have a point, but I'd ask you how many of the direct actions the union has taken to oust Cancer and Aids have had more than the "five minute wonder" effect.

Oh and the release never got delayed. If you go back and read the initial post me and Al put out, it quite clearly said 'Moores said he would make a statement at the end of the season' This is exactly what happened.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should have started/happened long time ago AR. We should have scared Standard Chartered off and the two cunts would have had no choice some time ago.

We didn't and we got better financially and it has back fired by making the cunts stay.

Not that there is an appetite for it but this is something that should be happening across all fan groups. It's not just us.

The whole game is fucked and we need to take it back. For me that starts by fucking sky off. If a 500,000 subscribers fucked sky off we would soon see.

With all due respect SoS are doing everything "by the book" are Hicks & Gillett ? are they fuck they are pulling dirty scummy tricks at every turn its about time SoS and the rest of us fans did the same otherwise they (H&G)will blag themselves a re-finance package and that will be us fucked for good,stop the money coming in,stop their meal ticket.

Weather the £10m a month is true or not run with it,it's more bad publicity for RBS and Hicks,Gillett then one or both have to come out and explain what the fucks going on.

So much so Graham the SOS's very own Peter Hooton was on radio merseyside commenting on the Moores statement. He even thanked the two people responsible for getting Moores to talk. Tony Evans was one. cant remember if the other was Barrett or Kev Samson. Anyway' date=' the whole idea of getting Moores to talk was to drum up press interest about the clubs plight. Maybe you should go and ask Tony Evans why he thought it so important to chase the storey. While the results may not have been earth shattering, it managed to coax Hicks out from under his rock.

As for "five minute wonder" you may have a point, but I'd ask you how many of the direct actions the union has taken to oust Cancer and Aids have had more than the "five minute wonder" effect.

Oh and the release never got delayed. If you go back and read the initial post me and Al put out, it quite clearly said 'Moores said he would make a statement at the end of the season' This is exactly what happened.[/quote']

All of the Union's direct action is only going to have a five minute effect, it's the repetition of it at times when the support is there is what it was all about.

Al, we all know the release got delayed but as I keep saying (in response to someone else raising the whole issue) - it wasn't the end of the world.

Ted, my understanding - and it's only an understanding and nothing more than that as I don't have access to any documentary evidence - is that the 10m a month is in penalty fees rather than interest and that it is the owners rather than the club who are liable for them. Again though, I stand to be corrected on that if the situation is any different to the way I understand it to be. The thing I really don't get though is why there seems such a determination to divide people into heroes and villains. There are so many supporters of this club who are trying in their own way to force the owners out and yet there seems to be a crazy desire to question their motives. If SOS do something organised then good on them, if Alan and Mick put pressure on Moores then good on them, if a journalist gets hold of a document revealing our financial plight then good on him, etc etc. While lads are pointing fingers at one another and arguing over what is and isn't being done the two biggest villains in the history of our club are plotting to remain in control.

Ted, my understanding - and it's only an understanding and nothing more than that as I don't have access to any documentary evidence - is that the 10m a month is in penalty fees rather than interest and that it is the owners rather than the club who are liable for them. Again though, I stand to be corrected on that if the situation is any different to the way I understand it to be. The thing I really don't get though is why there seems such a determination to divide people into heroes and villains. There are so many supporters of this club who are trying in their own way to force the owners out and yet there seems to be a crazy desire to question their motives. If SOS do something organised then good on them, if Alan and Mick put pressure on Moores then good on them, if a journalist gets hold of a document revealing our financial plight then good on him, etc etc. While lads are pointing fingers at one another and arguing over what is and isn't being done the two biggest villains in the history of our club are plotting to remain in control.

Spot on.

If they're penalty fees on the loans they have against the club, can't they simply lump them onto the club? Along with the interest already being paid out.

The personal liability rather than Club liability above is the point I was trying to make.

Where were you trying to make that point? That didn't come across in any of the responses you gave me.

They can certainly add the fees onto the asking price for the club Ted. RBS are adamant it is the owners and not the club who are liable for them though. Again though, I must stress that this is my understanding of the situation and no more than that.

Fair enough. Cheers.

All of the Union's direct action is only going to have a five minute effect, it's the repetition of it at times when the support is there is what it was all about.

Al, we all know the release got delayed but as I keep saying (in response to someone else raising the whole issue) - it wasn't the end of the world.

Graham, I only spoke out tonight to put the record straight about the events surrounding the Gillett meeting. Then I felt I had to respond to your post for the reasons I mentioned.

I no longer get involved in any debate involving the union, and Although I'm still a paid up member I no longer class myself as being so. I'm not going to give any reasons as to why.

I would appreciate it if in future, that when people are debating anything relating to the union, they leave me out of it. Al has also requested the same of him.

Graham, myself and Al wish you and the union, good luck, and hope we can now draw a line under this whole issue.

Where were you trying to make that point? That didn't come across in any of the responses you gave me.

I don't believe for a minute that the Club are liable for £2.5m a week. I don't believe that the Board would ever have agreed such terms.

What I think has happened from what I have read and been told is that it is the owners who are liable under their PIK loans for these sums.

They will want these sums covered for themselves in a sale if they can get them.

I don't believe for a minute that the Club are liable for £2.5m a week. I don't believe that the Board would ever have agreed such terms.

What I think has happened from what I have read and been told is that it is the owners who are liable under their PIK loans for these sums.

They will want these sums covered for themselves in a sale if they can get them.

In other words: lumped on to the price for the club.

Or, lumped on to the amount of debt that a potential new owner would have to clear?

Graham' date=' I only spoke out tonight to put the record straight about the events surrounding the Gillett meeting. Then I felt I had to respond to your post for the reasons I mentioned.

I no longer get involved in any debate involving the union, and Although I'm still a paid up member I no longer class myself as being so. I'm not going to give any reasons as to why.

I would appreciate it if in future, that when people are debating anything relating to the union, they leave me out of it. Al has also requested the same of him.

Graham, myself and Al wish you and the union, good luck, and hope we can now draw a line under this whole issue.[/quote']

Al, Mick,

Respect your views and what you have said.

As long as any of this doesn't get trotted out again as some sort of suggestion of a failing by the Union I've no intention of commenting upon it again.

People are too busy blaming the times TE etc., and missing the bigger picture that these two a***holes will do anything to prolong their stay. If you go on RAWK people namely Jack Slater are busy coming with all sorts of bamboozling scenarios and assuming oh the owners can't do this and can't do that, whilst the owners do exactly what they want.

No one knows what is exactly going on but based on previous these two can't be trusted, purslow can't be trusted and seeing as Broughton is employed by them he can't be trusted until he proves otherwise. The time for giving any of them the benefit of the doubt has long passed if all supporters don't come together too soon it will be too late and will be properly screwed.

I just want the days where you can worry about football not boardroom politics and repeated lies and more lies.