You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang thread - part 2

dave u

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony B saying Hicks and Gillete to refiance with Barclays thats why haung walked.[/quote

please, please tell me this isn't true. If this happens then we are well and truly fucked as those 2 bastards will just hold out until they get the price they want, I really hope they die of fucking aids

as has been said if he was serious he would have just been quite in the background instead of mouthing off.also it was only the other day were he said he was only 50/50 sure he would get the club, as there was other bidders in for the club.maybe the reason hes walked is to save face because another bidder who doesn't have a big mouth has put in a better deal for the club.

Tony B saying Hicks and Gillete to refiance with Barclays thats why haung walked.[/quote

please, please tell me this isn't true. If this happens then we are well and truly fucked as those 2 bastards will just hold out until they get the price they want, I really hope they die of fucking aids

It's in the times.

All this shit that we were fed that the power as shifted to the board and not Hicks and Gillete looks like bullshit. Similar to the purslow minutes with SOS. Direct the attention elsewhere while the yanks refiance.

If that turns out to be true then we need to focus protests heavily on Barclays.

Sorry to be a doom merchant Zig, but I don't see what that would achieve.

They can spin the story anyway they like. BarCap could come out and say "We genuinely tried to sell the club with the help of Broughton. Unfortunately, even though there were several bids and some of them were ready to pay the asking price, none of them were 'suitable' for the club. We didn't believe they had everything in place to take the club forward. Under the circumstances, we believe the best way forward is to do the re-financing for the owners for a period of 12 months, while we keep hunting for credible and suitable buyers. Broughton will continue in his position as Chairman of the club. The owners know they have to sell".

There you go George and Tom. Where is that £20m fee? And the 15% interest every year? Hey Broughton chap, bring that champagne will you?

EDIT: And we will continue to pay Broughton and Purslow who came to bring "investment" into the club

Don't you? Even if the stories of RBS being willing to take the club away from Hicks and Gillett are true?

Firstly, I don't think the stories are true. I don't think RBS has the bottle to do that anyway.

Secondly, even if those stories are true, if Barclays are ready to re-finance the loan and pay off RBS, as I said above, they could spin it in a way they did it for the good of the club, at least in the short term.

I've said before and I will say it again, the only way to stop this mess is by boycotting games. We can shout against RBS or Barclays or whoever, but if they are willing to re-finance, there is nothing we can do about it. In my opinion.

Sorry to be a doom merchant Zig, but I don't see what that would achieve.

They can spin the story anyway they like. BarCap could come out and say "We genuinely tried to sell the club with the help of Broughton. Unfortunately, even though there were several bids and some of them were ready to pay the asking price, none of them were 'suitable' for the club. We didn't believe they had everything in place to take the club forward. Under the circumstances, we believe the best way forward is to do the re-financing for the owners for a period of 12 months, while we keep hunting for credible and suitable buyers. Broughton will continue in his position as Chairman of the club. The owners know they have to sell".

There you go George and Tom. Where is that £20m fee? And the 15% interest every year? Hey Broughton chap, bring that champagne will you?

EDIT: And we will continue to pay Broughton and Purslow who came to bring "investment" into the club

Your spot on mate (sadly) no matter what RBS are saying they will continue to take our money until it gets to the point were they can't take a penny more then it will be a fire sale -players will go and whats left over will be put in administration,and possibly years of mediocrity to follow while c&a kick back and enjoy the money they've sucked out of the club and RBS will look at a very profitable "Transaction".

I don't know what to think about this. I remember being gutted when DIC pulled out but they ended up being skint didn't they?

This could be bad, but equally it could be alright. I'm not going to slash my wrists just because a few journalists are predicting footballing armageddon.

I haven't really been involved in any of the discussions regarding this Tony Evans fella because i've never heard him speak or anything but I just heard him on SSN then. All i'll say is that it was like a preview for Sunday Supplement.