You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang thread - part 2

dave u

Oh well i was hoping a new buyer would buy the debt off RBS then when H&G couldn't pay they'd send around some gangster to smash their knee's in with a hammer or something(ive been watching to many mafia type films i think)

sopranos460.jpg

I prefer the dude on the left when he's wearing a bandana rather than the rug. I would not mind the knee smashing, though.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't they reject a bid last summer for £450M? Can't remember the exact timing, but since the Dubai bid.

Yes that was the Kuwati family who pulled out minutes before the deal was about to be completed.

So in the past 2 and half years they could have sold the club for £500 million and £450.

Oh well i was hoping a new buyer would buy the debt off RBS then when H&G couldn't pay they'd send around some gangster to smash their knee's in with a hammer or something(ive been watching to many mafia type films i think)

sopranos460.jpg

I want the guy with the stick to beat the shit out of c&a. Make them eat a snooker ball (I'm enjoying thinking about this WAY too much)

Well who's to say there isn't a credible buyer lined up

This to me has overtones of the Benitez argument - there were people who were saying if he goes there will be "queues of world class managers lining up to manage us", now there are people hoping that there will be "credible buyers lined up"...

Not sure I'd like to rely on that hope.

Have I missed something here, but there's been absolutely nothing in the Echo about the withdrawal of Huang from the race beyond a brief report on Saturday that wasn;'t written by Dominic King. At the very least one would have expected the club to use the pages of the Echo to issue a reassuring message to the fans? Very odd.

Was there something in the print edition today?

Assuming that King has even realised that there have been developments - and maybe that's an assumption too far based on his track record - one is left to ask. Gagged by the club? Or gagged by John "Crisis? what crisis?" Thomson?

Have I missed something here, but there's been absolutely nothing in the Echo about the withdrawal of Huang from the race beyond a brief report on Saturday that wasn;'t written by Dominic King. At the very least one would have expected the club to use the pages of the Echo to issue a reassuring message to the fans? Very odd.

Was there something in the print edition today?

Assuming that King has even realised that there have been developments - and maybe that's an assumption too far based on his track record - one is left to ask. Gagged by the club? Or gagged by John "Crisis? what crisis?" Thomson?

Very valid post RF. I would say the Echo's quill is still very much in the hands of the powers that be at LFC when it come to stuff like this.

I dont really read the Echo as much now, so i'm not sure know how much coverage it gave to all this when it first broke. Was it front page ? how many column inches did it get ? One would expect a little balance in the reporting by the cities own news paper of the proposed takeover and then subsequent withdrawal by Huang.

Liverpool bidder Kenny Huang withdrew interest after failing to gain exclusivity deal

By Nick Harris

23 August 2010

Kenny Huang requested a period of exclusivity for his putative bid for Liverpool but was denied it after failing to satisfy some key requirements to gain such exclusivity, sportingintelligence understands.

Huang withdrew from the running for Liverpool on Friday without providing any reason. It has been reported that he was unhappy with the behaviour and demands of the Liverpool chairman, Martin Broughton.

This website understands that the Liverpool board has never been opposed, in principle, to granting an exclusivity period to any bidder in order to enable that bidder to have access to the books, and work on finer details of outline plans.

But the conditions for granting such exclusivity included proof of funds, and revealing the identities of financial backers.

It is understood that, contrary to widespread reports elsewhere, Huang was either unable or unwilling to provide proof of funds, and unable or unwilling to provide details about the identity of his backers. His request for exclusivity was therefore denied. He pulled out.

There remains a sincere belief, in some quarters, that Kenny Huang was a credible bidder with guarantees of funding and long-term plans for the club. Others retain serious doubts.

To date there has been no proof provided that Huang is, or was ever, backed by the CIC sovereign wealth fund of China, or any other backer of that nature.

Liverpool bidder Kenny Huang withdrew interest after failing to gain exclusivity deal « Sporting Intelligence

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If he was denied a period of exclusivity, it doesn't make sense to believe the other stories that he was the only bidder. There's no way that Broughton would have lost his only serious bidder by not giving him something he already had and wouldn't have sought if he was the only serious bidder.

There's either other bidders or that story isn't true.

Wasn't there another story that said Huang declined an offer of exclusivity?

It was in part of his full statement.

He said that basicly he had agreed a brilliant deal for the club but Martin kept stalling and then the final straw was that Broughton tried to slip in a clause that said Liverpool could except an 11hr bid should they want to even if Haungs deal had been previously excepted!

So Haung had enough of the unprofessional Stuff and pulled out. If what he is saying is true I can't say I blame him !

Why put it all that hard work and at the last minute someone could just waltz in a take it all from you? Seems shitty to me.

Furthermore, if it's true, it Makes Broughton out to be s liar! He said they would study the potential owners and choice the best one. Not rush into things! Well if that's the case why would he need an 11th hour clause?

Smells fishey to me

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He said that basicly he had agreed a brilliant deal for the club but Martin kept stalling and then the final straw was that Broughton tried to slip in a clause that said Liverpool could except an 11hr bid should they want to even if Haungs deal had been previously excepted!

So Haung had enough of the unprofessional Stuff and pulled out. If what he is saying is true I can't say I blame him !

Why put it all that hard work and at the last minute someone could just waltz in a take it all from you? Seems shitty to me.

Furthermore, if it's true, it Makes Broughton out to be s liar! He said they would study the potential owners and choice the best one. Not rush into things! Well if that's the case why would he need an 11th hour clause?

Smells fishey to me

If anybody was trying to enter an 11th hour clause, I doubt it would have been Broughton. Maybe the owners trying to give themselves the most amount of time to get the most money.

Fucking mess. Again.

Smells fishey to me

Errr. . . . No.

Smells fishey to me

What? Where did it say any of that in his statement?

Guest TesticleOReilly

The sales process is all lip service to the banks, when the reality is H&G have no intention of letting the club go, have been doing their damnedest to refinance while all this has been going on (why try to refinance all summer if you're planning to sell the club) and are screwing up any offer that comes in with outlandish demands.

Well at this point either Huangs telling the truth or hes not.

I'm not sure what it means if hes telling the truth but it doesn't inspire confidence in the process.

But then again Huang could be lying through his teeth.

Fucking hell Sherlock, how did you manage to come up with this golden gem...

So it wasn't in his statement? Instead he's gone crying and making accusations to some Hong Kong newspaper has he?

Fuck him. Glad he never got in.

Well we hardly got a statement did we? It was short.

The impression I got was that he was basically trying to make sure everyone back home knew that he didn't screw up the deal, Broughton, the yanks, the board did.

Arse covering exercise by all accounts but, doesn't mean it's not true although I do have my doubts.

The sales process is all lip service to the banks, when the reality is H&G have no intention of letting the club go, have been doing their damnedest to refinance while all this has been going on (why try to refinance all summer if you're planning to sell the club) and are screwing up any offer that comes in with outlandish demands.

I've been thinking the same thing. I have this horrible feeling they're trying to cling on and they somehow will.