You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang thread - part 2

dave u

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was denied by the Chinese Investment Corporation. So the story morphed into CIC to own no more than 20% as just one investor. And yet people still fell for the PR man. There was never any substance to Huang and it seems to me that he was only interested in noise, publicity and exposure. Just look again at his statement from yesterday and the 'puff' for his QSL Group. Shameless.

Forgive me for ever questioning your knowledge afterall you are all seeing and knowing, that Huang what a rogue how dare he even consider buying liverpool and wasting everyones time.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
CaraCaraCara's analysis seems as plausible as any I've read up to now.

I'm along the same lines. I think that CCC's right about Huang trying to go to the lowball option and I'm piecing this story together to build a picture of Huang knowing he's the only sensible bidder, that the Americans can't get refinancing at a sensible rate and that if RBS can take control of the club in October that Haung'll be in prime position to get the club for a debt only price.

It was denied by the Chinese Investment Corporation.

Can I have a link to that, please?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I have no links but do remember a denial being reported

It wasn't a denial from CIC. It was some former employee's opinion that they wouldn't get involved.

April 16th :

“What I’m asking from Liverpool fans is a little patience. We are talking a maximum of a few months"

Here we are, 4 months on.....and no sign of anything happening.

Was saying a while back that august would be when Broughton started getting it. I seriously thought I'd be wrong and he'd get the club sold in the back of my head, but it looks like it's starting off now.

One thing I never did was trust him, am baffled as to why anyone did.

April 16th :

“What I’m asking from Liverpool fans is a little patience. We are talking a maximum of a few months"

Here we are, 4 months on.....and no sign of anything happening.

I'd rather the time is taken to make the best deal than rush into it just because people on here and elsewhere are becoming hysterical.

What's the hurry, the transfer window is about to close.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Was saying a while back that august would be when Broughton started getting it..

It was always going to happen. He'll become 'the Chelsea cunt' in no time. Nobody knows whether he is at fault, or even if these guys puling out is actually a bad thing.

I mean, to say that there is 'no sign of anything happening' is beyond belief.

Was saying a while back that august would be when Broughton started getting it. I seriously thought I'd be wrong and he'd get the club sold in the back of my head, but it looks like it's starting off now.

One thing I never did was trust him, am baffled as to why anyone did.

Its amazing how he's got a god like status amongst some on here, truly astonishing. Let him earn trust.

I'd rather the time is taken to make the best deal than rush into it just because people on here and elsewhere are becoming hysterical.

What's the hurry, the transfer window is about to close.

No hurry, not like we're heading for administration or anything. It's all perfectly fine.

If he cant meet deadlines he shouldnt mouth off about them.

FT.com / Companies / Travel & Leisure - China’s CIC denies interest in Liverpool FC

China Investment Corp, the country’s main sovereign wealth fund, told the Financial Times yesterday it had never heard of a plan to buy Liverpool or of Kenneth Huang, the man reported to be fronting a Chinese bid to buy the English Premier League club.

There had been no suggestion internally at Liverpool that CIC was involved in Mr Huang’s bid, another person close to the situation said

Guest Numero Veinticinco
FT.com / Companies / Travel & Leisure - China’s CIC denies interest in Liverpool FC

China Investment Corp, the country’s main sovereign wealth fund, told the Financial Times yesterday it had never heard of a plan to buy Liverpool or of Kenneth Huang, the man reported to be fronting a Chinese bid to buy the English Premier League club.

There had been no suggestion internally at Liverpool that CIC was involved in Mr Huang’s bid, another person close to the situation said

Here is the full article.

Chinese fans may lament the low calibre of their domestic men’s football teams but that does not mean the Chinese government would consider buying debt-laden Liverpool Football Club.

Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton and Barclays Capital – both brought in by Liverpool’s American owners to broker a sale – have yet to receive a formal bid.

A person close to the situation said that there were no credible hard bids at the moment. The person said potential buyers had been told to say what they were offering or walk away, a process that would take about a week.

In addition to Mr Huang Rafed al-Kharafi, a nephew of the Kuwait-based billionaire industrialist Nasser Al-Kharafi, has registered an interest.

UK media have reported that Mr Huang, owner of a small sports marketing company with an office in Beijing, is bidding for the club with backing from CIC.

But Mr Huang himself issued a statement on Wednesday night saying that although he has registered interest in investing in Liverpool, he has not made a formal bid.

“There has been much speculation and commentary from a wide array of people, many of whom have little knowledge of the facts,” Mr Huang said.

A person who has worked closely with CIC said there was “no way” the fund would get involved in such a high-profile, symbolic and potentially risky deal.

“Next they’ll say CIC is going to buy Playboy,” this person said.

A person close to Mr Huang told the FT on Monday that his bid was backed by a “sovereign wealth fund from the Far East” but declined to name the fund.

There had been no suggestion internally at Liverpool that CIC was involved in Mr Huang’s bid, another person close to the situation said.

Portrayed in the UK press as a Chinese billionaire tycoon, Mr Huang runs QSL Sports Limited, a sports marketing company that is trying to develop a new basketball league in China and promote Little League (youth) baseball in a country where most know nothing about the sport.

QSL’s website says the company is based out of Hong Kong and located at a prestigious address. But when the FT visited the office there was no sign of QSL and the management company of the building said no company by that name rented an office there.

A person who answered the phone at QSL in Hong Kong at first said the company was still at the address listed on the website, but when told that the management company of the building had denied this, then said the company had moved and its new address was a secret.

An official biography of Mr Huang says he is an investor in a Chinese basketball team. He also founded an in*vestment company called Rocket Capital with Leslie Alexander, owner of the Houston Rockets basketball team, and has investments in Chinese companies. His spokesman could not confirm whether he was still involved with Rocket Capital.

In no way is that CIC denying anything.