You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang thread - part 2

dave u

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the Times this morning and read Tony Evans's commentary piece.

One of the things that stuck out for me was that he cited a dispute Broughton had with BA over uniforms and that Broughton met with Tony Blair to get his support (Blair fucked him off apparently).

Evans claimed that this episode according to a "city source" earlier this week meant "His (Broughton's) reputation was never quite the same after that".

Really? So depsite being our high profile chariman since April his reputation was damaged over uniforms and hasn't been the same since.

So why are we only hearing about his "damaged" reputation today then? Why haven't any of the papers (including the Times) ever reported him as a businessman with a damaged reputation (in fact precisely the opposite all the press have been calling him respected).

I think Evans's heart is in the right place but he often undermines his good work by going completely over the top.

One of the things that stuck out for me was that he cited a dispute Broughton had with BA over uniforms and that Broughton met with Tony Blair to get his support (Blair fucked him off apparently).

Evans claimed that this episode according to a "city source" earlier this week meant "His (Broughton's) reputation was never quite the same after that".

Really? So depsite being our high profile chariman since April his reputation was damaged over uniforms and hasn't been the same since.

So why are we only hearing about his "damaged" reputation today then? Why haven't any of the papers (including the Times) ever reported him as a businessman with a damaged reputation (in fact precisely the opposite all the press have been calling him respected).

I think Evans's heart is in the right place but he often undermines his good work by going completely over the top.

what he has done at Liverpool to make him so respected? oh yeah he sacked the manager based on what the media thought was right, very impressive!

Bascombe has already broken the story the cunts tried to get refinance and failed. Barrett isn't saying there's a barcap deal on the table today, although I imagine that is what he is aiming at or wants us to think. I stick to what I said in the 1st place - if Kenny Huang was a serious bidder for our club, he wouldn't be walking away over the 1st sign of trouble. And if he knew enough that there was a refinance package for the yanks, then I would expect him to say so publicly, he and his associates haven't been shy at talking up to now. I would iminge getting a bid to this stage costs a lot of money - why would you walk away quietly when you had been invited to a "willing seller auction"?

In the mean time, if Barrett truly believes those cunts are getting refinanced, why is it not a story and just a coiuple of throw away lines in a cover up article, because his news paper was the one who proclaimed "China buys Liverpool"

I'll clarify that situation for you Barry because the point you make is a good one. I have

no way of proving that BarCap or anyone else are looking at becoming lead bankers for a new consortium involving Hicks and Gillett. But there are a number of prominent people in the city who believe that is the case, which is why I used the word 'suggestions'. Also it is Huang who is 'appalled' by such suggestions not me, this is a news report not a comment piece and my duty is to report what people say, do and think. Such suggestions could turn out to be, to use Red Phil's turn of phrase, wide of the mark but they are so serious and would have such massive implications for us that it I'm sure most supporters would agree they would rather be informed that this is a possibility than not. I'm confused by the whole thing and I don't know what to think. The only reason I'm posting on here at the moment is I believe every Liverpool fan deserves as much clarity and transparency in this situation as they can possibly get so the least I can do is attempt to explain my own position and clarify anything that I've written if it is causing confusion or concern.

Completely agree. He must still be suffering from sunburn after bathing in a little Spanish sunshine.

I wonder how long it will take for there to be Broughton FC graffiti to be scrawled on the walls near Anfield, or for SOS to hound him at a restaurant with a list of questions.

what he has done at Liverpool to make him so respected? oh yeah he sacked the manager based on what the media thought was right, very impressive!

Well, that's been covered many times. As Chariman he has repsonsibilites to make decisons at board level. The hiring and firing of managers is part of that.

But you miss the point. The point is that Tony Evans's piece had some real good nuggets about transparency etc but was undermined in my opinion by the last two paragraphs attempting to discredit Broughton's reputation on the basis of some old BA dispute about uniforms that no one had heard of, nor had been reported previously, since he became chairman.

As i said i can see that he means well and he does ask the right questions of the board but he dilutes the sharpness of his genuine criticisms with silly and trivial digs or emotive hyperbole.

We all know Jack Shit and just piecing together snippets of information that we choose to be 'credible.' So here is my guesswork.....

Huang thought he could get the club for a low-ball offer i.e. paydebt and no profit for owners. Business model based on the additional revenue from Asia and possibly new TV deal in future.

He played the PR game to get 'right' on his side, including fans.

The problem for Broughton et al is that they have to show that this is the best offer for the owners not the football club ( try as they may on the balancing act to please everybody). We can criticise them all we like but reality is that they have to be 100% squeky clean otherwise opening themselves up to future litigation.

They were probably trying to get a better deal from Huang to appease the owners. Huang know he is in a strong position given the looming 4th October deadline. He knows there is nothing else out there for them to consider so, rather than go through painful negotiation (guessing maybe not the way they do things in China) he withdraws to the high ground waiting for the 'final' battleground to be struck early October.

I can not fathom why any bank would want to refinance the current owners unless they have put together a business plan similar to Huang (although their chances of executing to the same success are slim). Otherwise, bringing nothing else to the table will not make it attractive to re-fianance as 'same old same old.'

My guess is that there is an element of indirect collusion between bank and Huang and he will be back in a few weeks when the bank really holds all the cards.

Between now and then we will hear of lots of other phantom bids and the owners about the re-finance but nothing will happen. A ploy to try and bring Huang or others to the table (remember statement from Indian group who said ' not bidding/interested for now' or something similar). They will be trying to tempt somebody to break from the pack of baying wolves, who are waiting to pick the club up on the cheap come 4th October.

Huang is aware that if he leaves it to late September then he will have stiff competion so was trying to do a deal now on a similar basis.

This is all pure guesswork on my part but no better or worse than what I have seen from 'respected journalist.'

Not sure if this has been said before but Huang's statement says he regrets he will not have the opportunity to persue this. This smacks of him being outmanoevered; another bidder has got the gig.

It has been said before the new owner has probably not put his head above the parapet yet. Not long to wait

If Barclays refinance, then this "sale process" will have been a ploy.

Yes. And that is where someone needs to step in. Broughton was brought on (bumtish) to sell the club. And it is now evident he probably didn't even try, was just there to buy time. But obvious lies were told in the process. Take the five bidders who miraculously appeared overnight. There were zero, and there still are zero. If Broughton confirmed there are bids on the table he told a blatant lie. But this is on the record. There needs to be an auditing of what went on so far during the sale process, be it via a lawsuit brought forward by supporters or a PL investigation. That fucker needs to be taken down.

Tell us, who should they be going for instead?

Are you happy with the situation at the club?

You have to look at who it is all in the service of, and early indications are that Huang is about to be afforded the same schoolgirl crush-like devotion as Rafa; "you've driven him away! He was The One and you've driven him away. I hate you!" etc

What happened to the "backed by the Chinese government" line? That soon got forgotten, wiped from history as if nobody ever made that claim ever. The guy has been shifty from day one. How the fuck can Broughton be blamed for that?

Now Evans and the usual cybercocks are making the same fucking snide digs at Broughton they used for Parry and Purslow (Rafa's other nemesii, not so coincidentally) simply because he hasn't rolled over to Huang and taken him at face value, which would have been fucking catastrophic.

Lol so this is where the footyrelated topics are. I wondered what all that beans on a breakfast stuff was about!!!

Woke up and heard this news this morning and it's taken the wind right out of my sails. :-(

I hope this is a bluff and he comes back in to buy us. My dads a man utd fan and he has already been on the phone to me this morning taking the p@&£!!

What happened to the "backed by the Chinese government" line? That soon got forgotten, wiped from history as if nobody ever made that claim ever. The guy has been shifty from day one. How the fuck can Broughton be blamed for that?

QUOTE]

How do you know the Chinese government wern't backing it? I never saw a denial from CIC which stated they are not involved the fact is you have no idea what is going the same as I don't.

But one thing I can be confident of is that our owners are leeches and that Broughton works for them to do what is best for them that is FACT.

You have to look at who it is all in the service of, and early indications are that Huang is about to be afforded the same schoolgirl crush-like devotion as Rafa; "you've driven him away! He was The One and you've driven him away. I hate you!" etc

Now Evans and the usual cybercocks are making the same fucking snide digs at Broughton they used for Parry and Purslow (Rafa's other nemesii, not so coincidentally) simply because he hasn't rolled over to Huang and taken him at face value, which would have been fucking catastrophic.

It was denied by the Chinese Investment Corporation. So the story morphed into CIC to own no more than 20% as just one investor. And yet people still fell for the PR man. There was never any substance to Huang and it seems to me that he was only interested in noise, publicity and exposure. Just look again at his statement from yesterday and the 'puff' for his QSL Group. Shameless.