You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang thread - part 2

dave u

Myers is saying the KH bid was too low and the Yanks wouldn't agree to it.

RBS and Barcap were reported to be happy with the KH bid.

Broughton told us the yanks couldnt block a "reasonable offer" which he spun to mean they couldnt block a sale.

Playing with words to calm the masses.....I dont trust him.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay so Evans may have a point on takeover being no time soon but he knows fuck all about Torres

Evans is a passionate fan and maybe a bit of a drama queen but he was correct about Torres considering his options in March.

Torres calling for investment in the playing squad would tend to back it up.

Purslow meeting Torres over the summer would tend to confirm it.

However his claims Torres will leave in Jan if there is no sale is highly speculative and really he should know better than to say it.

His passion is getting the better of him unless he does know something?

Seems clear that the yanks blocked it, and have limited authority to veto an offer.

But they cannot block a sale.

Im betting the club looked at it , compared it to the others and realised it failed in some places.

Could be a million reasons.

They may not have even been at the table in the first place for all we know man.

You can bet that this is further down the line than anyone is predicting though.

Seems clear that the yanks blocked it, and have limited authority to veto an offer.

If Alan Myers is saying they blocked it you can bet hes been told that directly from them, basically telling Huang they want more money before they'll fuck off.

I'm assuming Huang has walked because of that.

But thats if Huang is even legit. Who the fuck knows anymore.

......The Times also understands that Huang was appalled by suggestions in banking circles that Barclays Capital, the investment bank brokering the deal, was contemplating becoming lead bankers in a new consortium involving Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, Liverpool’s present co-owners.

The Broughton quote was that they cannot block a "reasonable offer." So if they insist an offer is not "reasonable," perhaps the onus is on the bidder or the board to prove that it is. That's what I meant by limited authority.

But Alan Myers is saying they have. Hes been known to get us info from the owners as Jim Boardman mentioned a few weeks back.

I know its possible hes just making it all up but his past form suggests hes been getting info from them. For example, his championing of the Kirdi bid when it was obvious to everyone but him it was bollox. He changed his tune when it was abundantly clear he was getting fed bollox info, from George or Tom i'd bet.

And now hes saying they've blocked it.

I'm probably well wrong but i'm guessing they're sending a message saying they wont fuck off till they get the price they want.

Well if he is a pure mouthpiece, then it's clear that Tom & George want everyone to believe they CAN block a sale. Which indicates that they probably can't, or they wouldn't be screaming it at the top of their lungs.

Hey I joined the board a few days back and I've been following the thread from afar.

The question I have about re-financing is that The Premier League have twice asked on the current debt situation if we could possibly remain solvent for the entire season, surely if they get a refinance at an even higher rate then that becomes even more demanding.

I doubt it could be possible and I'm not sure banks would refinance something that can quite clearly won't not make money. Say they did a refinance and then the Global Economic Situation collasped again, it would be a toxic asset they would need to flog desperately.

If they refinance I think my love for the club will start to diminish, I would take a club playing Championship football over no club at all and that might be the stark reality.

Well if he is a pure mouthpiece, then it's clear that Tom & George want everyone to believe they CAN block a sale. Which indicates that they probably can't, or they wouldn't be screaming it at the top of their lungs.

I'm not so sure. If they came out and directly said they can block a sale no one would even come to the table. Pure guesswork here but I'd assume the banks have told made them to keep their mouths shut because they've said fuck all throughout this whole process.

Totally against past form so there must be a reason they are so quiet. Either they're being forced or they're playing a very clever game.

......The Times also understands that Huang was appalled by suggestions in banking circles that Barclays Capital, the investment bank brokering the deal, was contemplating becoming lead bankers in a new consortium involving Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, Liverpool’s present co-owners.

I really hope that is scare mongering, otherwise it is time to give up. Jobs for the boys (or cunts in this instance).

100% Hicks. But Hicks hardly has a reputation for telling the truth' date=' does he.[/quote']

Yeah thats true. I'm just trying to give Huang the benefit of the doubt. Throughout this whole process I've been wary of him but I think its too easy to just dismiss him walking away as being a chancer or some charlatan.

I think theres reason for it. My guess is its either the board fucking him about or the 2 cunts somehow fucking him about. And i'd put my money on it being the 2 cunts. But they're not supposed to have any control over the process so... I dont even know. My head hurts.

Broughton has seriously fucked up getting involved with those two cunts. I want him, Purslow, Barcrap, RBS, Hicks and Gillett out. It's just not going to happen though is it?

If anyone truly rich cared enough they'd give those two cunts an extra 100-200 million for the sake of ending all the fans misery, and for the sake of the club and the players, some who don't have many seasons left. We're looking at a truly fucked up situation now and maybe Evans won't be that far off come january.

The banks have the power to end this, but they're too busy vamping off the club.

Boys Jacky Chan was never in a position to buy our club, this guy has gained massiive publicity from his alleged bid, He has made his excuses and bid his farewell, he was never in a position to buy LFC but we and the world now know his name. He has disapeared before hopefully the club announces someone is at the forefront in the bid. Bamba and the rest are tossers who know fuck all, as Broughton said the first you will know is when the deal is done. Jacky Chan was full of shit

I'm not so sure. If they came out and directly said they can block a sale no one would even come to the table. Pure guesswork here but I'd assume the banks have told made them to keep their mouths shut because they've said fuck all throughout this whole process.

Totally against past form so there must be a reason they are so quiet. Either they're being forced or they're playing a very clever game.

Unless it's a blatant lie, so they spread it as a rumor via their press contacts.

Broughton has seriously fucked up getting involved with those two cunts. I want him, Purslow, Barcrap, RBS, Hicks and Gillett out. It's just not going to happen though is it?

If anyone truly rich cared enough they'd give those two cunts an extra 100-200 million for the sake of ending all the fans misery, and for the sake of the club and the players, some who don't have many seasons left. We're looking at a truly fucked up situation now and maybe Evans won't be that far off come january.

The banks have the power to end this, but they're too busy vamping off the club.

Dont talk shite.

Evans is a passionate fan and maybe a bit of a drama queen but he was correct about Torres considering his options in March.

Torres calling for investment in the playing squad would tend to back it up.

Purslow meeting Torres over the summer would tend to confirm it.

However his claims Torres will leave in Jan if there is no sale is highly speculative and really he should know better than to say it.

His passion is getting the better of him unless he does know something?

He didn't even leave it at that. In the immediate aftermath of Benitez getting the bullet, the line from Evans was that ALL of Liverpool's top players had instructed their agents to "get them out of Liverpool."