You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except Fulham already had a deal with Birmingham for Konchesky, he was due to leave. Don't think Kuyt was due to leave at any point.

I can't see how that makes this any different. He's still a Fulham-player, and quite a few have mentioned how Sparkeh is trying to block his move to Liverpool. Doesn't sound like a situation where Konchesky's exit is a foregone conclusion.

I can't see how that makes this any different. He's still a Fulham-player, and quite a few have mentioned how Sparkeh is trying to block his move to Liverpool. Doesn't sound like a situation where Konchesky's exit is a foregone conclusion.

He was due to leave, the deal was in place and we were waiting for Insua to leave. Then a new manager came in and blocked the deal, how is it the same as our old manager leaving, saying he won't take any of our players and then move for a player who wasn't even close to leaving?

He was due to leave, the deal was in place and we were waiting for Insua to leave. Then a new manager came in and blocked the deal, how is it the same as our old manager leaving, saying he won't take any of our players and then move for a player who wasn't even close to leaving?

Well naturally the situation isn't "the same". But nevertheless you have a situation where the Fulham manager leaves and promises not to go after Fulham players. Then he goes after Fulham-player Paul Konchesky and rips into Benitez for doing the same with Kuyt. You can point to details like the possible Brum-move and other stuff, but it doesn't really change the overall picture here.

I think Roy has handled the press very well until now. I just don't see the need for him to put himself in that position where he, quite rightly, can be accused of double-standards. Just get on with your coaching job, keep such matters behind closed doors, as was so often said of his predecessor.

Well naturally the situation isn't "the same". But nevertheless you have a situation where the Fulham manager leaves and promises not to go after Fulham players. Then he goes after Fulham-player Paul Konchesky and rips into Benitez for doing the same with Kuyt. You can point to details like the possible Brum-move and other stuff, but it doesn't really change the overall picture here.

I think Roy has handled the press very well until now. I just don't see the need for him to put himself in that position where he, quite rightly, can be accused of double-standards. Just get on with your coaching job, keep such matters behind closed doors, as was so often said of his predecessor.

That Konchesky was due to leave completely alters the situation for me, they aren't the same. There are similarities but overall they aren't comparable.

Pot kettle black Roy don't be a senile hypocrit and cry, the vultures are circling and we are fair game right now due to the absence of anyone in a position to resist the players want out because you are a poor choice Roy, like those above you, the club is rotten and clubs that are run properly and proper players with any sense will not want any part of it.

Thats what we get for handing Roy the reigns. Konchesky's and constant clamber for the exits. Take one look at the manager and our rivals and we have no chance as a player you'd want out if there was a chance.

Perhaps Roy you should be looking closer to home, no sense it speaking with the chairperson of another club for assurances if there's a manager you might want to check with, unlike you Roy some managers check and get it agreed that they have charge of transfers before they take a job, something you did not bother to check with your wide eyes.

Perhaps if you had done so you needn't have had anything to worry about anyway but you deserve it for not asking questions, not knowing decent players to sign, not knowing your own players well enough when they have been there for a long time playing week in/out on the PL or having come into the club with any kind of plan, idiot.

Anyone aware that Dirky Kuyt likes the ale ... at 29 with no touch ... and mates with Heitinga ...

What more do you want? (the Heitinga thing is true but obviously a joke).

Could be one of the best pieces of business Rafa ever did for Liverpool. Feel free to throw in Santon...

And he's still always fit and running his balls off for the cause every single game.

Both Roy and Rafa are at clubs in which deals for players are clearly done over their heads.

Rafa has signed an agreement as confirmed by Roy and I'm sure he wouldn't risk breach of contract or litigation to go against that.

If Kuyt leaves, therefore, it will be entirely at the discretion of the people conducting the transfers, so Purslow. It won't have been Rafa bundling poor helpless Dirk unceremoniously into the back of the child-catcher. Kuyt is one of those players who was Rafa's favourite and who massively divides opinion amongst the fans. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if we put in a cheeky call to Moratti and asked him whether Rafa wanted to take him off our hands.

I don't mean for any of this to vilify Purslow as, even though I love Dirk, I no longer feel that he fits into our team. But it shouldn't vilify Rafa either. The point at which Rafa can be held accountable is when he is ruled to have been in breach of contract and is forced to reimburse the board of his severance fee. Any other outcome will have occurred with the complicity of Liverpool FC.

I'd sell for £15 mill, even for £12 mill given his age and what we could do with the money.

However, I really like Kuyt even though he isn't the most prolific. His attitude is superb.

Thing is if Hodgson wants us to play 4-4-2 with Kuyt on the right then I really don't think he's good enough, but then again I'm not sure 4-4-2 is the way forward? Kuyt is much better suited for right flank in 4-2-3-1.

Rafa please go

but don't sign my players though

it hurts you know

cos everything worth must go

Just ask purslow

then watch my purse blow

What irks is when Rio merks

it's a low blow but we wont be first no

no chmps league berth no

Christians' poulsens pullover purlsow

Watch Kurt go

Konchest our chest with our skirt low

Playing 4-4-2 makes no sense these days,everyone plays with 3 in the middle except spurs, we also have no pace out wide.

For them reason kuyt should be sold if we reinvest the money

I don't fancy 4-4-2 either, but maybe Roy does? Ferguson have some success with it, so maybe that's his inspiration.

I don't think Kuyt is a bad option in front of an attacking Johnson on the back. Kuyt can protect johnson when needed plus support the lone striker in the box in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

For me Kuyt had a terrific World Cup in that role even if played on the left.

We had fuck all money in January, he had 6 months on his contract and Man City paid like £10 million for him. We had no chance there.

Adam Johnson has been available for a lot longer then last January. I don't know why someone taking take a gamble on him, it's been obvious for ages that he's a better player then Downing.

Adam Johnson is much better than Kuyt, why the fuck didn't Benitez sign him for the flanks.

Sorry but hate Johnson with a passion, good player but so was Robben, they are both the smae type, hate his stupid face with his bumchin, go down easily and wave imaginary cards on the sly to the ref, lap it up. Rinse and repeat.