You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I have no problem with selling him as part of a bigger plan, I have a big problem with some of the complete twats who support us that judge players on the number of stepovers they do rather than what they actually produce on the pitch.

And the idiots wanting to sell him for £10m.

The lad has played in european and world cup finals under diffrent managers, he is far from shit.

Is he perfect for us? Probably not, but unless someone wants to pay at the very least £16m then he's staying and he'll do his nut for us.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, being on the pitch certainly does help your chances of scoring goals, of course that is no guarentee as you can tell from the right wingers he scored more than. There's a job on Sky for you with insights like that.

If he hadn't scored goals or created any that would have been the first thing you'd jump on. Instead, because it pisses on your argument, you're doing your best to ignore the fact.

I'm afraid you undermine your own argument because Sky are the biggest OPTA whores around.

Just watch our next game that Kuyt plays - he'll be in the position, 1 on 1 with the full back, and count how many times he "has a go", then count how many times he plays the ball back to Johnson or a 5 yards sideways pass.

For a forward player Kuyt is far too negative. He give opposing defences the chance to get men behind the ball and time to reorganise.

Torres is fed on scraps man. We need to get far more crosses in and we need our wide men to get to the byeline and cross or cut the ball back for the kid.

There are only so many 30 yard screamers or individual wonder goals you can score in a season; it's the 6 yard tap in that wins the title. Ask Ian Rush !

Kuyt creates very little.

Just watch our next game that Kuyt plays - he'll be in the position, 1 on 1 with the full back, and count how many times he "has a go", then count how many times he plays the ball back to Johnson or a 5 yards sideways pass.

What exactly is it you expect Kuyt to do? Use the pace and acceleration he doesn't have to go blazing past the full back?

What exactly is it you expect Kuyt to do? Use the pace and acceleration he doesn't have to go blazing past the full back?

No, but like I already posted earlier in this thread, I expect him to have a go and, like that paceless cart - horse Beckham - who never skinned anyone in his career - drop the shoulder, make half a yard and whip a fucking cross in !

And if, as you suggest, Kuyt is incapable of beating a full back, why the fuck does he continue to be played out wide ?

And to those questioning who we should / could possibly bring in good enough to replace the lad - Maxi Rodriguez.

No, but like I already posted earlier in this thread, I expect him to have a go and, like that paceless cart - horse Beckham - who never skinned anyone in his career - drop the shoulder, make half a yard and whip a fucking cross in !

And if, as you suggest, Kuyt is incapable of beating a full back, why the fuck does he continue to be played out wide ?

And to those questioning who we should / could possibly bring in good enough to replace the lad - Maxi Rodriguez.

Kuyt actually does put crosses in, it's part of the reason he get's the amount of assists he does. No shame in not being as good at crossing as Beckham was.

The same way he sometimes carries the ball inward when Johnson overlaps and passes or crosses.

Oh, and I didn't suggest he was incapable of beating a full back.

It seems Inter have dropped there intrest in Mascherano and Kuyt according to Roy

Daily Post North Wales - Sport News - Liverpool FC - Inter Milan end chase for Liverpool FC’s Javier Mascherano and Dirk Kuyt

Although Moratti is not quite as definitive as HOdgson.

Hodgson: 'Moratti won't buy Kuyt'

Saturday 21 August, 2010

Roy Hodgson claims Massimo Moratti told him he wouldn’t be signing Liverpool players, but a different story emerges from the Inter patron.

The Treble winners have been linked with Dirk Kuyt and Javier Mascherano over the summer.

"I spoke to Massimo Moratti about the fact they are not going to buy Liverpool players," said Hodgson.

"I believe they were only interested in two of our players and they are not going to buy them. Moratti said they are not going to do that.”

Hodgson is friends with Moratti due to his two spells on the Inter bench, but a different story is emerging from the Italian media.

President Moratti did declare the £25m price-tag for Mascherano was excessive, but confirmed interest in Rafa Benitez favourite Kuyt.

“Will Kuyt arrive? In terms of necessity I’d say no, as the team kept its winning players,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“However, there is an issue of tactical completion on behalf of the Coach and so for Kuyt we’ll see. You never know.

“It is anything but an easy operation, but it’s likely we’ll include an Inter player in the deal.”

Liverpool already took the first step by leaving Kuyt in the stands for their Europa League play-off this week, ensuring he was not cup-tied.

It’s reported that Sulley Ali Muntari will be sent to Anfield as part of the exchange with an additional €6m.

Although Moratti is not quite as definitive as HOdgson...

Lots of posturing. Everyone's saying what they're supposed to be saying. I'd expect Mascherano to go, Kuyt to stay, simply based on the players we have right now and the fact that money is not there.

Lots of posturing. Everyone's saying what they're supposed to be saying. I'd expect Mascherano to go, Kuyt to stay, simply based on the players we have right now and the fact that money is not there.

Think he needs Kuyt more myself, but yeah this is all about as believable as us not being in for anyone from Fulham.

Think he needs Kuyt more myself, but yeah this is all about as believable as us not being in for anyone from Fulham.

I think Benitez wants both. However, we can hold on to Kuyt much easier, he's just signed a new contract, and paying the rumored 10m for an "old" player is pretty much money down the drain.

Mascherano's transfer fee will go down by millions come the first of September or if he plays in the Europa League. The management is not that stupid, they'll sell unless Inter stick to 10-15 million that we can get next year, as well.

I think Benitez wants both. However, we can hold on to Kuyt much easier, he's just signed a new contract, and paying the rumored 10m for an "old" player is pretty much money down the drain.

Mascherano's transfer fee will go down by millions come the first of September or if he plays in the Europa League. The management is not that stupid, they'll sell unless Inter stick to 10-15 million that we can get next year, as well.

True, but he has plenty of holding midfielders (Cambiasso, Motta, Muntari, Stankovich, Mariga, Zanetti played there), Mourinho managed to play with 4 in one game last year, but they have mostly central and mostly 1 dimensional forwards. If the boat gets pushed out I reckon it will be for Kuyt.

Kuyt will go no where, I hope not anyway as I don't trust Roy with the left over money when the club have taken their share.

I wouldn't sell mascher for a penny less than £20m for the same reason but can see the club accepting £18, when we could get £15 next summer I'd keep him here against his wishes.

I have no problem with selling him as part of a bigger plan, I have a big problem with some of the complete twats who support us that judge players on the number of stepovers they do rather than what they actually produce on the pitch.

I think that's very unfair, I'm not a fan of Kuyt but it's because he can't trap and pass a football, not because I want players to skin three defenders and score a 40 yarder in every match. Kuyt is not a clever footballer IMO, yes he runs around a lot but much of his energy is used in uproductive fashion.

I'm not sure what these super stats are that people keep bringing up either, according to this last year he made three assists, hit nine goals in the prem (good) out of 79 shots and 31 shots on goal.

I don't know how this compares to players in his position in other teams, but to be honest stats don't move me - all I know is that when I watch him I'm not inspired by his presence in the team at all, I don't think he can do even the basics like pass under pressure properly to be quite honest, and I don't like this idea that people who don't rate him are somehow unable to grasp the finer points of the game.

One of the reasons the mancs are better than us, despite - IMO - not having a better overall squad, is that ALL of their players can trap a ball and pass it quickly under pressure, even if they can do nothing else - they can at least do that. If you've got players like that you're half way home. You'll never be able to play slick pass and move and counter attacking football with players like Kuyt in the side.

Yet we managed to play slick pass and move counter attacking football only a year ago, and Kuyt has been in the team for most of our best displays!

For a supposedly stupid player who can't pass, can't control a football, runs around aimlessly with little tactical nous he managed to survive in a team managed by a very demanding tactically focused manager who had nothing but praise for him, and is a regular Dutch International.

Maybe you're right and it's not you who can't grasp the finer points of his/the game but those who rate him and continue to play such a limited player.

Yet we managed to play slick pass and move counter attacking football only a year ago, and Kuyt has been in the team for most of our best displays!

For a supposedly stupid player who can't pass, can't control a football, runs around aimlessly with little tactical nous he managed to survive in a team managed by a very demanding tactically focused manager who had nothing but praise for him, and is a regular Dutch International.

Maybe you're right and it's not you who can't grasp the finer points of his/the game but those who rate him and continue to play such a limited player.

Problem is people don't know what they don't know. Anyone who says Kuyt is not clever has a whole lot "what they don't know" that they need to get onto.

Kuyt will go no where, I hope not anyway as I don't trust Roy with the left over money when the club have taken their share.

I wouldn't sell mascher for a penny less than £20m for the same reason but can see the club accepting £18, when we could get £15 next summer I'd keep him here against his wishes.

I'd want £35m for mascherano, twice the player milner and toure are, let him run his contract down if he wants, he's more valuable to us for the 2 year than the £29m transfer fee you propose which we might not see all if