You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No suprise kuyt may be off for around 10ml,masch 15/20,Nemeth just gone for1,Aqualani on loan no wages-Huang pulls bid,just waiting for the cunts to make a couple more available and to try and keep bleeding the club dry with a new finance deal from RBS

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benitez bought Kuyt as a free scoring £10m (?) striker, proceeds to reinvent the lad as a defensive, holding "wide" player, but all too often, he plays so deep that he is now, effectively a second right back !

To an extent, I feel sorry for the lad - just gives it his all, gets on with it and never complains, but he is never, never the answer at right midfield.

Never in a million fucking years.

Still doesn't explain his assists/goals. Something continually ignored by people like yourself.

With more than a whiff of asset-stripping around the place & most of us accepting the squad is too weak to challenge seriously , I can't understand these numerous threads trying to push decent players out of the club.

Turan / Defour etc. are pipe dreams, we are in Brad Jones world.

I like him but i'd accept a bid of £10M+.

I normally would but at the moment I don't see any direction in our squad or purchases. The squad is lobsided in certain areas, devoid of quality in others and barren in others. Its a bit of a mess imo.

Selling Mascherano is key now we've got Poulson and use the money to buy a left sided forward with pace and skill and another quality striker (hopefully sell Babel too to raise dosh)

Still doesn't explain his assists/goals. Something continually ignored by people like yourself.

Under Benitez', Kuyt played in almost every match. That helps.

Too many people are too preoccupied with stats. Carling OPTA stats are for wankers, and I'd much rather trust what I see with my own eyes.

With more than a whiff of asset-stripping around the place & most of us accepting the squad is too weak to challenge seriously , I can't understand these numerous threads trying to push decent players out of the club.

Turan / Defour etc. are pipe dreams, we are in Brad Jones world.

Spot on. Kuyt is the sort of player you sell when a new owner invests £100 million, not when the club is a basket case that can barely cover a month of interest payments with his fee. Too many people approach these discussions in isolated Football Manager mode with no regard for contextual factors. If we're very lucky, £8 million will go to the bank and the other £2 million will be spent on Marlon Harewood.

very very underrated player, reminds me of Ljungberg at Arsenal..he wasnt the most skillfll player, but his work rate and ability to get in positions and drag others out of position brought alot to the team. And Kuyts goal/assist roves he's very productive player as a right midfielder. If Kuyt and Cole play the same amount of games as right midfielder....I bet Cole ouldnt get as many assist and goals

I think Dirk is a limited footballer but I think every successful squad has a player like him in it. The problem with Dirk & Liverpool is that we don't have a balance on the other side to counter his limitations. What we need is a Robben type on the left.

His limitation: Being a striker pushed out to the wing and being ineffective in both positions. Robben will help by reducing Dirk's time on the ball, hardly a positive indictment for Kuyt is it?

Under Benitez', Kuyt played in almost every match. That helps.

Too many people are too preoccupied with stats. Carling OPTA stats are for wankers, and I'd much rather trust what I see with my own eyes.

You're right, being on the pitch certainly does help your chances of scoring goals, of course that is no guarentee as you can tell from the right wingers he scored more than. There's a job on Sky for you with insights like that.

If he hadn't scored goals or created any that would have been the first thing you'd jump on. Instead, because it pisses on your argument, you're doing your best to ignore the fact.

Edited by Cardie

You're right, being on the pitch certainly does help your chances of scoring goals, of course that is no guarentee as you can tell from the right wingers he scored more than. There's a job on Sky for you with insights like that.

If he hadn't scored goals or created any that would have been the first thing you'd jump on. Instead, because it pisses on your argument, you're doing your best to ignore the fact.

Quite touching.