You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thinks Kuyt will be a huge loss is deluded! He doesnt bring anything special to the team. So friggin what if he works hard. I appreciate that, but Jay Spearing would work even harder. Working hard isnt something special, all players should work hard. Kuyt doesnt have anything special about him

Anyone who thinks Kuyt will be a huge loss is deluded! He doesnt bring anything special to the team. So friggin what if he works hard. I appreciate that, but Jay Spearing would work even harder. Working hard isnt something special, all players should work hard. Kuyt doesnt have anything special about him

We know your thoughts. No need to repeat them.

I for one would hate to see Dirk leave. No he's not technically gifted, but he makes up for it with bags of heart and important goals. Anyone who doubts his qualities and his contribution should watch Liverpool v Spurs last season. We should be asking well over £10m for him in my honest opinion., £12-15m. If he does go I suspect there is something in the Brian Ruiz rumour that is still doing the rounds.

Apart from 10+ goals a season and a decent number of assists from the right you mean.

He's not worth anymore than 10M, probably closer to 6-8M. He is 30 has zero pace etc etc

But is one of the leagues most consistent players, probably one of the first names on our team sheets and had a fairly decent World Cup. If we sell Dirk for 10m we need looking at. For 10m we won't be able to get a player that works anywhere near as hard for us as Kuyt. Look at the Riera sigining - 11m of dross!

NO SELL!

Don't take this personally but your reputation states you are a massive tool.

Don't ruin this with common sense.

'common sense' would be the transfer fee you receive is the transfer fee you can spend on a replacement. We obviously don't subscribe to that idea and have instead decided that the transfer fee you receive is the value (minus wages) you can spend.

As I said earlier it's a genius system that ensures the club can make a profit on player sales and not plough much money back in while giving the perception that they're backing the manager. That is of course when 'any fee's from player sales' is actually stuck too and they don't start changing the rules (see benayoun)

'common sense' would be the transfer fee you receive is the transfer fee you can spend on a replacement. We obviously don't subscribe to that idea and have instead decided that the transfer fee you receive is the value (minus wages) you can spend.

As I said earlier it's a genius system that ensures the club can make a profit on player sales and not plough much money back in while giving the perception that they're backing the manager. That is of course when 'any fee's from player sales' is actually stuck too and they don't start changing the rules (see benayoun)

I see the point of it. But I don't agree with it. We've no proof of it have we? Don't see how a manager could agree to work in those conditions to be honest.

I see the point of it. But I don't agree with it. We've no proof of it have we? Don't see how a manager could agree to work in those conditions to be honest.

Welll, they can't really but they have to try to work in them conditions. It happened last summer and will happen to Hodgson as well.

Kuyt left out of euro game so Dutch journo digs up some quotes (when did his agent say this, recently??) to construct a story.

You can almost see the sellotape and elastic bands holding that together from here.

I'll be gutted if Dirk goes. As for the £10m, yes that's all fine and dandy, but will Hodgson see a penny of it (given the Benayoun money somehow didn't find its way in to Purslow's super duper player piggy bank) and how much will he have for an actual transfer fee once you take the wages element into account? Because it won't be £10m.

Guest TK-421

You're special.