You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I don't fancy 4-4-2 either, but maybe Roy does? Ferguson have some success with it, so maybe that's his inspiration.

I don't think Kuyt is a bad option in front of an attacking Johnson on the back. Kuyt can protect johnson when needed plus support the lone striker in the box in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

For me Kuyt had a terrific World Cup in that role even if played on the left.

Sorry don't follow the mancs closely but don't they play mostly and esp in the big games with Rooney up top on his own, against crap teams they open out a bit more and maybe play Berb's (Starring pre serious Tom Hanks, ace film) alongside but seemed to move away from 442 for large parts of last season.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And rather sooner than later...so we may be able to spend

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

If Kuyt goes too, the money goes to RBS not to Roy. If you really think LFC will sell Mascherano & Kuyt for £35m and then pass that on to Roy to buy, you are insane, utterly utterly stupid.

Do your self a favour and look at out transfer activity. The club is reducing the wage bill fast and taking transfer fees to offset debts eg Benayoun fee pays off Rafa.

If both are sold, Roy will get £3.5m if he is lucky not £35m. And please don't fall for the "transfer account is separate" bollocks that Broughton & Purslow tell you.

Judas H Priest. We're being taken for dickheads by the club and its easy to see why.

Sorry don't follow the mancs closely but don't they play mostly and esp in the big games with Rooney up top on his own, against crap teams they open out a bit more and maybe play Berb's (Starring pre serious Tom Hanks, ace film) alongside but seemed to move away from 442 for large parts of last season.

I think Ferguson changes it from time to time, but so fare this season it's been two up front from what I've seen.

When teams fear you, like most do for some reason when playing the mancs, then it has some benefits, but the problem is that teams don't fear us anymore.

Hence the big efforts we normally put in trying to be "in control" of the match = midfield. United are given control from the start (Allthough Fulham did well against them).

Hodgson has been very weak and petty in this matter. First he claims publicly he has called Moratti reminding the world, in that pathetic way of his, that he, too, used to be a manager at Inter. He also wanted to go over Rafa's head - even though by so doing he only reinforced the fact that at Inter the manager is not in charge of transfers. But neither is the President. So even if the President gave him the assurances he said he got - which I very much much doubt - Inter as a club would do things in their usual, well managed way.

I believe the most Moratti would have said was that they would not make any illegal approach to any player - would not talk to a player without getting LFC's permission. Hodgson was still not satisfied with his little ego-boosting sally into the press he had to return with the insinuation that Rafa was acting illegally. First, Hodgson reveals that Rafa had agreed not to "poach" players. The term's of Rafa's release from LFC are not Hodgson's or the public's business. And the word "poach" is loaded. His statement was also inaccurate. And his entire insinuation about Rafa's supposed dealing with the agent was based on his "suspicions" which he does not support with any evidence.

Now Inter speaks out officially and the player they want is Masch and they have made a formal approach to LFC before speaking to the player, contrary to Hodgson flanneling.

Guest PurpleNose

Ginsoak usually has one of the strikers dropping off, so its more like 4-4-1-1. Rooney and Berbatov can both come deeper and be very effective. Whilst neither N'Gog or Torres really can, or did against City.

Ginsoak usually has one of the strikers dropping off, so its more like 4-4-1-1. Rooney and Berbatov can both come deeper and be very effective. Whilst neither N'Gog or Torres really can, or did against City.

Yes, that's true but it is still different from playing Cole behind N'gog (or Torres).

You'd expect Berbatov and Rooney both getting above 15 league goals. I don't expect that from Cole behind a lone striker.

I think the difference is that Rooney or Berbatov are more used to getting into the box than Cole in this role. Gerrard did well for us in that position, but I'd rather go with him were his playing now.

I think we could see a major improvement if we had a decent left winger - or maybe play Cole out there and bring someone else in behind Torres.

Guest PurpleNose
Yes, that's true but it is still different from playing Cole behind N'gog (or Torres).

You'd expect Berbatov and Rooney both getting above 15 league goals. I don't expect that from Cole behind a lone striker.

I think the difference is that Rooney or Berbatov are more used to getting into the box than Cole in this role. Gerrard did well for us in that position, but I'd rather go with him were his playing now.

I think we could see a major improvement if we had a decent left winger - or maybe play Cole out there and bring someone else in behind Torres.

Absolutely. Cole is a number 10, or a wide left that can drift inside. Berbatov and Rooney are both second strikers, both effective enough as number 9s.

I'd play Cole on the left. Depends on what is happening behind him though. If we play with two holding midfielders, and a quick left back, then it can work. The balance would be good. If we play with a very solid left back, who doesn't get forward much, there will be no width on that side. If we play with one holding midfielder, or none, like against City, we'll be a liability defensively.

Think I'd prefer to see us play 4-1-4-1, rather than 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 (the two we've had a go at this season).

Rather than have an out and out number 10, have a holding midfielder, and then two passers infront of him. Cole would have to play on the left in that formation, but it would give us the best chance of playing decent football.

Still not really sure what Roy's plan is. Not entirely convinced he is either. Understandably.

Why can't Kuyt be in behind torres/ngog where Gerard was last year? He's become stagnant cos he's on the right, yes that's where Rafa wanted him to play but lets face it he can't take on defenders or put in much of a cross so let him be the second striker. I'd like to see him stay, I'd be very disappointed if he went, he's a club man.

And so it starts.

Benitez 'unhappy' with transfers

Wednesday 1 September, 2010

Inter boss Rafa Benitez is reportedly unhappy that the club didn't bring in any reinforcements this summer.

The Nerazzurri were linked with Javier Mascherano and Dirk Kuyt throughout the transfer window, but failed to land both players.

Il Corriere dello Sport claims Benitez is “anything but satisfied” given the club were aware of his demands.

Inter President Massimo Moratti has only ever invested less in 2004 when he bought Nicolas Burdisso and Ze Maria.

The Nerazzurri sold Mario Balotelli to Manchester City earlier this summer in an effort to get their house in order ahead of UEFA's financial fair play laws coming into effect in 2012.

Jonathan Biabiany was their biggest signing at a cost of €4.5m from Parma.

Football Italia - the Italian football website for English-speaking football fans

And so it starts.

Inter boss Rafa Benitez is reportedly unhappy that the club didn't bring in any reinforcements this summer.

The Nerazzurri were linked with Javier Mascherano and Dirk Kuyt throughout the transfer window, but failed to land both players.

Il Corriere dello Sport claims Benitez is “anything but satisfied” given the club were aware of his demands.

Inter President Massimo Moratti has only ever invested less in 2004 when he bought Nicolas Burdisso and Ze Maria.

The Nerazzurri sold Mario Balotelli to Manchester City earlier this summer in an effort to get their house in order ahead of UEFA's financial fair play laws coming into effect in 2012.

Football Italia - the Italian football website for English-speaking football fans

Packed full of quotes that article.

Guest ian garro
And so it starts.

This is a Liverpool forum, if you want to talk shite about Inter, why dont you go to one of their forums ?

Nothing to do with us. How boring.

Guest PurpleNose
And so it starts.

What starts?

Guest ian garro
Talk about what, its an article?

Why the sudden defence mode?

Which part of it do you need to discuss then ? As far as I can see, it's a non-story about an ex-manager of ours, who may or may not be unhappy with the transfer dealings of his new club - in another country.

Which means the relevance to the club I support is, at best, imaginary. However, I'm sure the people who frequent Inter boards may find it mildy interesting.

He's gone, you may as well get over it.