You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd want £35m for mascherano, twice the player milner and toure are, let him run his contract down if he wants, he's more valuable to us for the 2 year than the £29m transfer fee you propose which we might not see all if

We aint ever going to get £35m for him, not with his contract situation, although I completely agree thats where we should have been aiming for to get for him.

The trouble is we are not measuring players worth in performance now and havn't for quite some time. There is no way the club would allow him to run his contract down.

I never proposed '£29m' but he is not more valuable playing for us for two years than that sort of money, to suggest so is madness.

I think that's very unfair, I'm not a fan of Kuyt but it's because he can't trap and pass a football, not because I want players to skin three defenders and score a 40 yarder in every match. Kuyt is not a clever footballer IMO, yes he runs around a lot but much of his energy is used in uproductive fashion.

I'm not sure what these super stats are that people keep bringing up either, according to this last year he made three assists, hit nine goals in the prem (good) out of 79 shots and 31 shots on goal.

I don't know how this compares to players in his position in other teams, but to be honest stats don't move me - all I know is that when I watch him I'm not inspired by his presence in the team at all, I don't think he can do even the basics like pass under pressure properly to be quite honest, and I don't like this idea that people who don't rate him are somehow unable to grasp the finer points of the game.

One of the reasons the mancs are better than us, despite - IMO - not having a better overall squad, is that ALL of their players can trap a ball and pass it quickly under pressure, even if they can do nothing else - they can at least do that. If you've got players like that you're half way home. You'll never be able to play slick pass and move and counter attacking football with players like Kuyt in the side.

I agree with this in a broad sense. Personally, I believe that Kuyt is one-dimensional with his play and him being in the side, actually holds the team back. He'll have some very good games, which you'd expect from an international class footballer, but he's far too inconsistent.

Having said all of that, I don't completely rule out that he could become an asset under a new manager because it can make a big difference. There are sides out there who contain decent players that thrive due to the overall make-up of the side and hopefully Kuyt could develop into that.

I don't think he will though, hence my belief that any bid of £10M+ should be accepted.

Rafa Benitez is ready to make a £15million bid to wrest Holland striker Dirk Kuyt from his former club Liverpool.

Benitez, now at Inter Milan, sees Kuyt as just one of the Anfield charges who he wants to join him in his new job.

Liverpool remain firm that Kuyt is not for sale. Their new manager Roy Hodgson, also a former Inter boss, is satisfied after a conversation with the Italian club's owner, Massimo Moratti, that the European champions will not attempt to take either Kuyt or Javier Mascherano from Anfield.

But Kuyt says he has been told that Inter faxed an offer to Liverpool and he now believes he has the luxury of choosing between two of Europe's top clubs.

The Dutchman is expecting to play in Liverpool's highly-charged Premier League clash at Manchester City tomorrow night but is likely to be rested if talks between Inter and Anfield resume.

He was reported to have told a newspaper in Holland yesterday: 'On Thursday night, during the Europa League game against Trabzonspor, the board of Liverpool informed me officially that they have received a fax from Inter. You can call this a luxury situation for me now.'

Inter are understood to have offered a cash-plus-player exchange deal for Kuyt which has been rejected, The Italian champions would have to come up with a cash-only deal for it to be considered by the Liverpool board.

Meanwhile, Alberto Aquilani, who arrived at Anfield last season as the midfield replacement for Xabi Alonso, is heading back to Italy for a season's loan at Juventus after his disappointing and injury-ravaged season.

In what is likely to be a busy last 10 days before the transfer window shuts, Liverpool have also been linked with PSV Eindhoven's Sweden striker Ola Toivonen. PSV manager Fred Rutten yesterday said: 'I can't block the transfer.'

Read more: Liverpool striker Kuyt ponders £15m move to Inter despite Hodgson's plea to Italian club | Mail Online

He was reported to have told a newspaper in Holland yesterday: 'On Thursday night, during the Europa League game against Trabzonspor, the board of Liverpool informed me officially that they have received a fax from Inter. You can call this a luxury situation for me now.'

rl]

Lying fuckin rag, his agent may have said something, Dirk has'nt said anything, £15m no fuckin way would Inter offer that or would we turn it down

Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt said: 'I went to the World Cup in South Africa with Holland this summer and the support for Liverpool there was unbelievable.It doesn't matter where you are in the world, everyone knows Liverpool. You can't say the same at the moment about Manchester City.

'The players feel they are at a historic club, but for us to be part of that history, we need to win trophies.'

Despite the £300m spent by City in transfer fees alone, Kuyt would not swap their squad for Liverpool's.

'When I look around and see Stevie, Fernando, Pepe (Reina), there is no reason to fear anyone. This team have been together many years. We have played in the Champions League final (2007) and been runners-up in the League.

'We have been through good times and bad times together, and this helps. You saw last week against Arsenal, when we deserved to win with 10 men, that our team spirit is very good.

'We have to forget last season's disappointment and go for a topfour spot. A win at Manchester City would be a massive statement.'

Read more: Liverpool versus Manchester City is like 'King Kong versus Mickey Mouse' | Mail Online

Good news for TLW Free Forum users! Rafa Benitez just won his second piece of silverware of the season today. The Italian Super Cup. Inter 3-Roma 1. Riise opened the scoring for Roma. Mourinho didn't win this cup in his time there.

Rafa said ""It was them (the players) who won it, along with the club and the fans. Well done to my boys for their reaction"

Last week Rafa won the less important TIM Trophy with victories against Juventus and Athletico Madrid using under 18 years olds in the second of those two 45 minute matches.

Next week its the European Super Cup and later in the year the World Super Cup.

Dirk Kuyt will decide this weekend whether to quit Liverpool for an £8million reunion with Rafa Benitez at Inter Milan.

The Dutch striker last night confirmed the European champions have officially tabled a bid for him as Benitez looks to put his own mark on the squad he inherited from Jose Mourinho.

Liverpool have yet to give Inter an answer and Kuyt is also undecided about where his future lies.

“On Thursday night, during the Europa League game against Trabzonspor, the board of Liverpool informed me officially that they have received a fax from Inter,” said Kuyt. “You can call this a luxury situation for me.”

Read more: Transfer news: Dirk Kuyt will decide whether to join Inter and rejoin Rafa Benitez after Liverpool receive £8m offer - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk