You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just a thought I had yesterday re: Joe Cole

Bob

Joe Cole was very popular with the fans at chelsea, I work with a chelsea fan who absolutely adores him.

I truly believe that Chelsea fans are everything that is abhorrent about football and represent everything I don't.

Based on the two standalone statements above, am I genuinely going to be able to like Joe Cole?

One to ponder...

Not really, who cares he just plays football.

i didnt mean for others to ponder, but for me. I'm not saying anything about Joe, but more about my expectations. When we signed him I was chuffed, but i have also realised that I havent ever really watched him play that much, other than against us, as I dont watch much other footie, so going on the fact that chelsea fans love him, whats the chances i will too?

i didnt mean for others to ponder, but for me. I'm not saying anything about Joe, but more about my expectations. When we signed him I was chuffed, but i have also realised that I havent ever really watched him play that much, other than against us, as I dont watch much other footie, so going on the fact that chelsea fans love him, whats the chances i will too?

You will. I give my cast iron guarantee. I can even write it in upper case for you in case you have any nagging doubts. YOU WILL.

Scary thought for you. As much as we'd like to think otherwise - Chelsea fans are just other people.

They liked Cole for the sole reason he is an entertainer and so pretty likeable. Had he gone to the Mancs, or Spurs, or Milan, or Atletico, they'd have really liked him also. He's one of those players that is just liked because he does things on the pitch that get you cheering and our of your seat.

It's why gary Neville is a cunt and everyone hates him. It's because he's a cunt and no matter what he ever does he will always be a cunt. Somewhat like Arsenal.

Joe Cole was very popular with the fans at chelsea, I work with a chelsea fan who absolutely adores him.

I truly believe that Chelsea fans are everything that is abhorrent about football and represent everything I don't.

Based on the two standalone statements above, am I genuinely going to be able to like Joe Cole?

One to ponder...

If he comes back from his league ban against the mancs and scores the winner! will that do :yes:

very very overrated player. I love how the media bigged him up as this amazing player and Liverpool made a major coup in signing him. truth is Liverpool was the only team willing to play him in the middle as spurs and arsenal both has better players playing in there. Fabregas, Modric, and Nasri are all better footballers than him. I give it one month before all Liverpool fans realise he's simply not good enough to play as a playmaker and thats why no mnager he has had since west ham played him in the middle.

Think it was mentioned in the commentary last night but given we've removed our second biggest goal threat in the team to make room for him in the team then he's going to have to chip in with a fair few goals to make up the shortfall.

True but dropping Stevie back into midfield will hopefully solve another problem. Gonna give him a chance hopefully he'll gel into the side quickly.

He hasn't had a great impact on the games I've seen but in my opinion the whole team needs to step forward about 30 yards before we see the best of him.

How much better have we looked in the second half against Arsenal and again last night when we actually pushed forward, pressed high up the pitch and won the ball back in the opposition's half?

This standing and watching the opposition knock the ball about for the first half of games is pointless.

He hasn't had a great impact on the games I've seen but in my opinion the whole team needs to step forward about 30 yards before we see the best of him.

How much better have we looked in the second half against Arsenal and again last night when we actually pushed forward, pressed high up the pitch and won the ball back in the opposition's half?

This standing and watching the opposition knock the ball about for the first half of games is pointless.

Think that was partly due to the team getting a lift when Torres came on, although I think we gave them far to much possession last night.

Two assists, a man of the match performance, a red card in the opening game of the season and a penalty miss...

No great impact.. what games have you been watching?

2 assists, red card and a penalty miss. Some impact.

Reminds me of Keane - not very clever on the pitch, and with no stand-out attributes.

Pure shite.

very very overrated player. I love how the media bigged him up as this amazing player and Liverpool made a major coup in signing him. truth is Liverpool was the only team willing to play him in the middle as spurs and arsenal both has better players playing in there. Fabregas, Modric, and Nasri are all better footballers than him. I give it one month before all Liverpool fans realise he's simply not good enough to play as a playmaker and thats why no mnager he has had since west ham played him in the middle.

Still bitter you missed out on him eh. Not one of them players plays in his position, Modric is out wide and your two gimps play in the centre of midfield.

He's a Liverpool player, deal with it.

Im shocked that so many people can form an opinion on cole after a couple of games,i think it was a very good signing better than most of the players we already had,give the lad a break new club, new city ,new team mates to get use too,as for gerrard im glad he is back in the middle we have missed a player that can spray passes and dictate a game like alonso did.Gerrard,cole,torres not many better in a spine of a team

Go on then, genius, what does he do?

[YOUTUBE]jjUtHNGIWw8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]YAq7s-pqF7Q[/YOUTUBE]

In 3 matches. I think you're the genius anyway, saying Joe Cole isn't a clever player, you should be in for the Nobel prize with logic like that mate.

It's obvious you've got some agenda with him.