You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky Sports=United's bum chums.

RafaLaBamba

In what way more effective? O.K. I'll give you more visible. Seeing the green and gold scarfs worn over their nice shiney new replica shirts might look good on the telly but what has it achieved?

The green and gold "protest" is more of a fashion statement and has no more clout than a facebook group. Are their owners selling up? - nope, are they likely too because their "supporters" are wearing green and gold scarves? - nope.

The green and gold scarfs are sold by any old Tom, Dick and Harry outside the ground, and I bet you anything they will be selling them in the club shop before long.

They already are.

I would still maintain Sky love the Mancs a bit too much though. I think all you have to do is watch most of their reporting and coverage of United related news. SSN is almost gut wrenchingly sickening at times.

But contrasted with the way often report on us its fucking ridiculous.

Could be worse. It could be RTE, who described the prospect of a Bayern comeback in the CL, as "doesn't bear thinking about", :whatever: and the actual Bayern comeback as an "awfully sad night". :wallbutt: That's right RTE, a foreign station!!!!!

Sky could market the opening of an envelope, but in fairness to them, both us and the mancs give them plenty of news to report. While we've given them plenty of ammo to hit us with, the only ammo the mancs have given them is off the pitch.

Murdoch wanted to buy United and there were sufficent protests to block him.

Hardly a surprise that Sky will back anything anti-Glazer.

Fuck all to do with us, probably.

Their fans always claim that they got this blocked - but if I remember, it was the government that gave that one the kybosh, on the grounds of 'conflict of interest'.

On the green and gold thing, makes a good story and all, but the people that are wearing it are still going to the games and still buying shirts. I would suggest it is more for their fans massive ego than anything else -' look at us, aren't we good at this protesting thing. '

Not saying they shouldn't do it, just doubt it's effectiveness.

In what way more effective? O.K. I'll give you more visible. Seeing the green and gold scarfs worn over their nice shiney new replica shirts might look good on the telly but what has it achieved?

The green and gold "protest" is more of a fashion statement and has no more clout than a facebook group. Are their owners selling up? - nope, are they likely too because their "supporters" are wearing green and gold scarves? - nope.

The green and gold scarfs are sold by any old Tom, Dick and Harry outside the ground, and I bet you anything they will be selling them in the club shop before long.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was talking only about the publicity side. I think they are much further away from achieving what they want. theirs is a far bigger boil to lance. their recent successes haven't helped that.

Too much manc talk! We magnify everything that is said about them. Other teams hate it when everyone creams over ynwa, the kop, our european nights but we dont notice that as we love it too!

Well, you obviously notice it, and you're not really entitled to assume that we don't notice it.

Their fans always claim that they got this blocked - but if I remember, it was the government that gave that one the kybosh, on the grounds of 'conflict of interest'.

On the green and gold thing, makes a good story and all, but the people that are wearing it are still going to the games and still buying shirts. I would suggest it is more for their fans massive ego than anything else -' look at us, aren't we good at this protesting thing. '

Not saying they shouldn't do it, just doubt it's effectiveness.

The UK OFT blocked the takeover.

Their scarf idea is novelty value, but in the grand scheme of things, useless.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was talking only about the publicity side. I think they are much further away from achieving what they want. theirs is a far bigger boil to lance. their recent successes haven't helped that.

I think it is also important to note the difference in objectives as well, we want our current owners to leave, and would like to be in contact with the new owners, but how much influence do the Red Knights have on the Anti Glazer movement?

It seems to me that Keith Harris and the Red Knights are getting a lot of publicity for the anti Glazer movement, despite wanting to take over the club themselves!

It probably explains why their campaign is much better organised, more affluent fans, far more influential contacts!

Just goes to show you what a good job SOS, and Liverpool fans in general, have done in building up the pressure that we have.

Sky just showed three manc cunts, all in brand new shirts with brand new signings' names on the back.

Nothing wrong with that..... but they had Green and Gold scarves on. Thick manc cunts.

Watched a bit of the newcastle match last night & at least half the crowd were wearing them green/gold scarves, all with brand new replica tops. I guarantee you most of them just think there some kind of united scarf and haven't a clue behind the meaning.

Watched a bit of the newcastle match last night & at least half the crowd were wearing them green/gold scarves, all with brand new replica tops. I guarantee you most of them just think there some kind of united scarf and haven't a clue behind the meaning.

As opposed to clued up LFC fans you mean?

It's important to remember that as well as Murdochs blocked take over bid Sky did own a share of United pre Glazer,10% I think,but not certain and have always had a vested interest in them.

They were the first to get their own channel in the uk and as part of the sky package,unlike us for example,Setanta based and a poor decision in hindsight.

And of course their success helps the money keep rolling in and the Singapore,Malaysia and Hong Kong sky subscriptions just keep going kerching every season.

So sky won't bite the hand that feeds them,simple really.

We can only control what we do and not worry about others,get the little things right and the big things take care of themselves.

Maybe if Rafa had thought this way last season things wouldn't have got so much out of control.

I watched a bit of their game last night (admittedly via a shitty stream) and it seemed to me that there were a lot less green and yellow scarves on show.

maybe the influence of the hardshoulder shitters recent comments?

more like they didn't win anything last year so the sheep didnt show up

They can wave the green and gold scarves all day, but the reality is that the club will be sold when market factors determine. This is also true for the SOS campaign, that is not to say that fan pressure isn't making some impact but it is small in the scheme of things.

The green and gold campaign isn't as successful as some think. The problems they had shifting season tickets was mainly down to the economic climate.

maybe the influence of the hardshoulder shitters recent comments?

What's it? 3 days after the season starts, and Saddam* is already into the mind games. :telloff: This time, he's laying into City and other clubs for spending money. This on the day he parades 3 new signings!! You couldn't make it up.

Maybe he's just embarrassed at being behind Blackpool in the league table. :P

*the name I use for that fucker. Chosen for his tyrannical rule over that team and club. Also for the way he deals with players, coach's, officials, broadcasters, authorities, and whatever else gets in his way.

The other tyrant of the same name used to run a small country in Asia. Even he's gone by now.