You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than Konchesky, Young & Brad Jones combined.

This.

I like Roy but his signings bar Joe Cole have been underwhelming. I think Roy will "steady the ship" and all that but I think in a few years, we may pine for Rafa. Top, top manager. Anyway, onwards and upwards and all that positive stuff!

This.

I like Roy but his signings bar Joe Cole have been underwhelming. I think Roy will "steady the ship" and all that but I think in a few years, we may pine for Rafa. Top, top manager. Anyway, onwards and upwards and all that positive stuff!

And the signing of Aquilani (for £20m) hasn't been underwhelming? Actually, no it hasn't; it's been a fucking disaster.

And no-one will pine for that fucking wanker.

I wouldn't put it past Purslow & the board to use the sales of Voronin & Dossena to cover the January installment & the sale of Riera & Benayoun to cover this summers installment.

Sure. Different argument.

Still doesn't answer why the purchase of Aquilani is better than Jones, Young and Konchesky combined though.

Play him or sell him. I really is that simple.

Sure. Different argument.

Still doesn't answer why the purchase of Aquilani is better than Jones, Young and Konchesky combined though.

Because he will offer more to the team than those three!

Sorry but Rafa was criticised (rightly) for Degen, Voronin, N'Gog, didn't see to many people dismissing them because they were cheap.

And those three players mentioned, could cost a combined total of 10 million pounds, hardly cheap is it.

If the criticism was valid last year, then it is valid this year, regardless of who the manager is.

Sorry but Rafa was criticised (rightly) for Degen, Voronin, N'Gog, didn't see to many people dismissing them because they were cheap.

And those three players mentioned, could cost a combined total of 10 million pounds, hardly cheap is it.

If the criticism was valid last year, then it is valid this year, regardless of who the manager is.

You want people to stop being hypocrites?

Never gonna happen.

I wasn't the one who brought up the money issue.

I made it very clear last year what I thought about Aquilani's purchase - £4m or £10m or £40m, if a player is not fit, there is absolutely no use in buying him.

I also said in the Brad Jones thread on what I think about him. He is fucking awful.

I also know Konchesky is shit.

But what I don't know is how Aquilani's purchase is better than Jones or Koncheskey. Jones will never be a 1st choice for us. At best, he will be on the bench and help us for the home grown quota. Same with Konchesky if Aurelio stays fit (I know...).

On the other hand, Aquilani was bought to replace one of the finest midfielders to play for this club. And it was a monumental fuck up.

And I can't help it if you don't remember me criticising Rafa for buying Degen and Voronin. Again, nothing to do with money.

But what I don't know is how Aquilani's purchase is better than Jones or Koncheskey. Jones will never be a 1st choice for us. At best, he will be on the bench and help us for the home grown quota. Same with Konchesky if Aurelio stays fit (I know...).

So basically, we spend close to ten million pounds on players who will never do anything for the team?

So, therefore, Aquilani is a better signing than them?

And, if he stays, he will contribute far more over this season than those three, combined.

Personally, I would sell him as soon as we get the first offer over 10 million.

So basically, we spend close to ten million pounds on players who will never do anything for the team?

So, therefore, Aquilani is a better signing than them?

And, if he stays, he will contribute far more over this season than those three, combined.

Personally, I would sell him as soon as we get the first offer over 10 million.

You are going back to the money aspect again....

Jones will be 2nd choice. Konchesky will be 2nd choice. They both will probably cost us no more than £5m in total (see what you have done now? dragged me into talking about money!). Don't know where you get your £10m figure from.

As I said before though, it doesn't matter if a manager spends £4m or £17m on an injured player. Having an injured Ronaldo is the same as not having a Ronaldo.

You are going back to the money aspect again....

Jones will be 2nd choice. Konchesky will be 2nd choice. They both will probably cost us no more than £5m in total (see what you have done now? dragged me into talking about money!). Don't know where you get your £10m figure from.

As I said before though, it doesn't matter if a manager spends £4m or £17m on an injured player. Having an injured Ronaldo is the same as not having a Ronaldo.

He isn't injured now, so the point about his signing is Moo!

But seriously, at what point do you stop and say 'We don't have that much money so this is all we can afford'?

When you stop and realise you have bought, Jones, Konchesky, Young, Paulson (whom I don't mind, but isn't top draw) and spent 10-15 million pounds on players that will not improve the team?

At least Aquilani was bought with the first team in mind, he was bought as a player who will make us a better team.

We seem to be intent on spending what little money we don't have to improve the bench before we can improve the first team.

The one player that has been bought with the first team in mind is Cole, and he was a free.