You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aquilani an assist for Liverpool every 108 minutes. The best assist to minutes ratio in the top five european leagues. He was an effective preformer even without being a 100%. It's revisionist bollocks to say he was rubbish. He's had fitness problems which he seems to have overcome and now looking like the class act that he clearly is.

We've been here before haven't we? Didn't he get one for slipping over before Gerrard lashed one in v Burnley, and another one just for passing the ball to him?

The pass to Maxi was spot on, mind, but the majority were against two relegated teams weren't they?

The lad's happier where he is, dragging him back and insisting he play here is just going to make things worse. He'll be crying off most matches anyway.

Go on then, name some names.

I'm not paid to scout players for LFC. If I was I'm sure I'd be able to name loads. If you really think that Lucas (who isn't as good as McAllister, Hamann, Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard, or even Sissoko in my opinion) is the best we can do, I worry for the mindset of our supporters.

Aquilani an assist for Liverpool every 108 minutes. The best assist to minutes ratio in the top five european leagues. He was an effective preformer even without being a 100%. It's revisionist bollocks to say he was rubbish. He's had fitness problems which he seems to have overcome and now looking like the class act that he clearly is.

And statistics don't lie. Dear me.

Quantitative data may have him with an assist every 108 minutes, but anybody who watched him play can almost without reservation tell you he wasn't up to it. I go for qualitative data on this one. A poor performer for Liverpool. Sell, sell, sell.

And statistics don't lie. Dear me.

Quantitative data may have him with an assist every 108 minutes, but anybody who watched him play can almost without reservation tell you he wasn't up to it. I go for qualitative data on this one. A poor performer for Liverpool. Sell, sell, sell.

He wasn't poor. Hes just a luxury player. When he played and played in a set up which accomodated him he was great. He was running teams ragged when he played. Problem is hes made of glass and shits out of heaps of tackles. In my opinion anyway.

Would rather Meireles.

Those stats also don't take into account the quality of the opposition.

For balance, I thought he was very good against Atletico.

I just believe dragging him back isn't going to work for us. Performing well for Juve gives us some leverage when they get round the table to work out a fee. Can't see their fans being too thrilled about haggling over a new favourite.

If people are going to say "well he's our player and we'll decide if he stays or not" one question; how did that work out with Alonso and Mascherano?

Those stats also don't take into account the quality of the opposition.

For balance, I thought he was very good against Atletico.

I just believe dragging him back isn't going to work for us. Performing well for Juve gives us some leverage when they get round the table to work out a fee. Can't see their fans being too thrilled about haggling over a new favourite.

If people are going to say "well he's our player and we'll decide if he stays or not" one question; how did that work out with Alonso and Mascherano?

Isnt the fee already agreed within the loan terms?

Yeah thats the best outcome at this point. Take the money for him in the summer and add it to the kitty.