You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Did you not see Gerrard throw himself in twice for mistimed bookable tackles?

Did you also not see Gerrard done over in midfield by Wilshire and Diaby?

Wilshere was totally out of his depth. Arsenal kept possession but they did not dominate us, they hardly caused us any problems at all. Not sure how you concluded that Wilshere and the equally rubbish Diaby were superior to Gerrard and Mascherano.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilshere was totally out of his depth. Arsenal kept possession but they did not dominate us, they hardly caused us any problems at all. Not sure how you concluded that Wilshere and the equally rubbish Diaby were superior to Gerrard and Mascherano.

I said Gerrard was done over, Mascherano was fantastic. You could see the difference in how aware Mascherano was tactically.

What the fuck? You voice a different opinion and everyone jumps on your back. In fairness, I didn't meen he can't play in CM. I just don't think he's suited to it due him not being the most tactically aware. I'm not denying that Gerrard is a fantastic player. People are too quick to jump on the Sky Sports wagon with the Gerrard CM thing.

In fairness, you stuttering puddle-drinker, you said exactly that.

Here's a quote from about 6 posts ago:

"Gerrard cannot play CM"

So are you an idiot who takes everything in a literal sense?

Ofcourse he can play it, I'm sure Carra couldplay as a striker, clearly it would not be his best position.

He had an ordinary first 45 minutes. Like the rest of our team. And then had a very good second 45 minutes, when we only had 10 men, and Gerrard was everywhere, while Wilshere and Diaby shrivelled.

Gerrard is one of the finest central midfielders in the world.

Gerrard normally is everywhere and rarely where he needs to be.

If he is one of the finest central midfielders in the world, why are top managers so reluctant to play him there? Particularly as it is a key position. England has so little midfield talent yet he is still placed in an advanced position. He is not tactically mature enough to reign himself in.

You have the footballing knowledge of a carrot.

Your stupid act is old. Try making a point once in a while instead of wasting our time.

The average knowledge of this forum reduces by 50% every time you are on here.

Gerrard normally is everywhere and rarely where he needs to be.

If he is one of the finest central midfielders in the world, why are top managers so reluctant to play him there? Particularly as it is a key position. England has so little midfield talent yet he is still placed in an advanced position. He is not tactically mature enough to reign himself in.

You have the footballing knowledge of a carrot.

Your stupid act is old. Try making a point once in a while instead of wasting our time.

The average knowledge of this forum reduces by 50% every time you are on here.

Exactly.

Oh wait...How dare you disagree with the status quo.

Great. The spastic's spastic has arrived.

Another top post.

Try responding to a point I've made Carrot. If you think insulting people like a 10 year old disguises your stupidity, you are as wrong as you are stupid. Which is alot (you probably needed that explained).

Clearly you and Martin Tyler's monkey would get on. "Gerrard must play CM" is an outdated argument that has been disproven time and time again.

What a load of garbage. In the Benitez era too many people have been brainwashed into thinking a centre mids job is to stand 10 metres in front of the centre halves and if you go for further forward than this you are tactically shite.

Gerrard must play centre mid because that's where he most influences games. It's where he has the ball at his feet with various players in front of him, wide and through the middle. He has the best passing range in the team, he is one the best tacklers and he easily has the best vision. In centre midfield he is a lot more involved in games. This is my opinion. I have developed this watching Gerrard and Liverpool for all the time he has played.

From my view this has not been disproven to me once. Countless times last season we lacked anything from centre midfield because we had two defensively minded players playing there. It was only when Gerrard was started there or moved back there during the game did we actually play better. The odd time we were already down and chasing the game which we didn't get back into and win. This hardly disproves anything other than the formation and team selection we started with wasn't good enough.

Gerrard is the type of player you can play anywhere and he will do a better job than most. In his first in the hole defenders didn't know what to expect and he did well. A season on and the tactic had been found out. Stubbornly he was still played there and to the detriment of the team. Gerrard was stuck with his back to goal unable to dictate play and unable to galvanise the team as he normally would from the middle of the pitch.

Get your head out of your arse and start actually watching the game. Gerrard is a box to box midfielder with everything in his locker. Let's play him there and reap the benefits, defensively and offensively.

Another top post.

Try responding to a point I've made Carrot. If you think insulting people like a 10 year old disguises your stupidity, you are as wrong as you are stupid. Which is alot (you probably needed that explained).

I don't think it has disguised Brendan's stupidity in the past.*

*Humour.

Just in case you are stupid.:-)

Not in the squad yesterday, despite being fully fit and having a full pre season with not being in the world cup.

However with Cole getting sent off he might get a chance now in his favoured position behind the lone striker.

It might be his last chance, so if selected against City or the next few games, while Cole is out - he has got to take it if he wants to stay at LFC and get regular games.

Otherwise he might struggle to get regular games and I fear for his future here.

I agree and would love to see him do well but he looked a ridiculous purchase this time last year and it still looks ridiculous now

I agree and would love to see him do well but he looked a ridiculous purchase this time last year and it still looks ridiculous now

First 10 games of the season it looked good to me. We were playing the expansive, pass and move, full backs flying, CM and AM positional rotation stuff and a mobile playmaker looked like a perfect fit. When it turned out we couldn't defend in that mode and it all flopped and we went down the old-fashioned english 442 route, he became the proverbial 5th wheel. Hodgson isn't going to play a way that suits him IMO, so we're better off getting shot.