You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's clear now that Roy wants a big 'un up top

Nathanzx

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Milito in a swap plus cash deal for Mascherano would do nicely.

Indeed Zig, but only the 2010 model of Liverpool Football Club could have the best rated holding Midfielder in the World and the current Captain of Argentina valued at 30m and end up getting 10m and a cripple for him. Or 12m cash.

15m and Milito would do fine.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Indeed Zig, but only the 2010 model of Liverpool Football Club could have the best rated holding Midfielder in the World and the current Captain of Argentina valued at 30m and end up getting 10m and a cripple for him. Or 12m cash.

15m and Milito would do fine.

rick-parry_1115432c.jpg

Milito in a swap plus cash deal for Mascherano would do nicely.

It would be ace, but I think he's just signed a new contract until 2014.

I'd love us to go for Llorente, he'd be my first choice if money was no object but it obviously is so we've got no chance.

I like Santa Cruz but his injuries are always a big qustion mark.

I rate C.Cole but same applies with injuries + as he's english he'll be massively over priced.

Totally agree.

I'd hate to see the club splash more than £5m or £6m on either of these lads.

The thing is as well, we could have an unlimited amount of cash, but because of the way we play - 1 up top - there's very little chance of bringing in another world class striker, cos when Torres is fit, the new fella would find his arse on the bench.

I would love to see us playing 2 up, with Torres up alongside another genuine striker, just to take the load off the kid. I know that Torres has said he prefers playing alone up front, but I reckon that part of his injury woes has been due to that, and him constantly getting kicked to fuck by oppo defences.

If money was no problem, I rather see Torres partnered with a Beardsley type though. Aguero ? Yeh, dream on...

It always amazed me that so many Reds dismissed the idea of Torres and Crouch as a partnership, despite the virtually complete lack of evidence. In my view, they are well suited and certainly would fit with Roy's "partnerships" philosophy within a team.

I'm not sure it is a case of people thinking that Crouch and Torres wouldn't work, Paul, but rather that Torres and Gerrard when playing together is the most prolific strike partnership the club has ever had (on a goals to games played basis, obviously).

It always amazed me that so many Reds dismissed the idea of Torres and Crouch as a partnership, despite the virtually complete lack of evidence. In my view, they are well suited and certainly would fit with Roy's "partnerships" philosophy within a team.

I seem to remember they played really well against those puffs we are playing today in Champions League, don't remember them playing together apart from that

But there's also a complete lack of evidence that Carew and Heskey would do well. But you wouldn't play them together would you? For better or for worse we decided to build the team around Torres and Torres requires a certain kind of service. A kind of service that people like Gerrard, Cole and even Voronin are far more capable of providing. After hitting the motherload and turning Torres from a 1 in 3 striker to a 1 in 1.5 striker are you going to mess with that arrangement. Del Bosque tried and turned Torres into a shadow of himself, fortunately he has Villa. Crouch is no Villa and his style is the antithesis of what Torres needs and luckily that Gerrard guy could provide exactly that.

Anyone saw Carew's "header" yesterday. 4 metres from goal, completely unmarked, had ages to pick his spot. Almost hits the corner flag. Oh yes, I laughed.

Not to mention when the Westham defender played him through on goal under no pressure whatsoever and he almost tumbled over the ball. It`s a huge mystery for me that so many rates him.

Obviously they havent watched him much.

I laughed as well.

Not to mention when the Westham defender played him through on goal under no pressure whatsoever and he almost tumbled over the ball. It`s a huge mystery for me that so many rates him.

Obviously they havent watched him much.

I laughed as well.

I saw him in a couple of games for Valencia and he was awesome. He was pacy, stretching defences, using the channels intelligently, linking up well. Where did it all go wrong?

Anyone saw Carew's "header" yesterday. 4 metres from goal, completely unmarked, had ages to pick his spot. Almost hits the corner flag. Oh yes, I laughed.

What amazes me most about Carew, is that he is almost incapable of hitting the ball cleanly.

and???

Carlton cole for the right price would offer us something extra, he's got the power and strength to hold off defending and hold the ball up, but also has an aggressive streak that Heskey was always lacking.

Throw in a prosthetic hip and an inability to finish and we're on a winner, for sure.