You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's clear now that Roy wants a big 'un up top

Nathanzx

we have been linked with Crouch, Carlton Cole and apparently made a late bid to hijack the Jones deal to Stoke. It's obvious that Roy wants a big unit up top, someone who can win the ball in the air, is strong enough to hold the ball up and can offer a bit of variety in our play up top......we badly need a striker and I agree with the strategy which seems to be to sign up a target man, someone who can play on their own or who can link well with Torres ('twouldn't it be interestin' to see the kid play with a big man). Hodgson has a (managerial) history of liking a large man from Turkilymaz at Switzerland to various other headbangers in Scandinivia to Davies at Blackburn to Zamora/Elm at Fulham so my question is what formidable ball-winning headhopping sixfoot plussing behemoth do you want to lead the line for us this season and more importantly will we splash out on said gargoyle?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Cardozo join.

He isn't the most ginormous of strikers (6' 4") but he can hold the ball up and he knows how to find the net.

He has scored goals all through his carrer including in the champions league.

He is a dirty big handful (remember him giving Carra a nightmare twice last season?)

And he knows how to score with his head unlike Crouch who for a giant is shite in the air.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If Roy wants a big unit, there's one called Kath who's very popular round Africa way, so I'm told.

Please, somebody with big rep give this post some love.

That fella who came on for Torres in the World Cup totally changed the game in the 1 game I saw him in. I dont know whether his performance was magnified because of how shit Torres was like, but he didn't half make an impact. Big gangly fella he was.

Llorente

It's a good plan, it would provide a solid hub for Gerrard, Aqua, Jovo, Patches, Cole, Maxi and Kuyt to buzz around. Not convinced by the standard we have been in for though (except Crouch who I love). I guess we're only going for HG ones as they will be a back up when Torres is fit.

Lukaku would be a great gamble to take as he's young enough to become HG and would not require registration in the meantime. How much would he really cost though?

That Fletcher who went to Wolves would have been ideal at a reasonable price.

To me, the forward needs to have the main attribute of being strong & clever to hold the ball while our ( often slow ) support reaches him. We aren't really a team that gets to the byeline much so an out and out ' on the end of crosses' forward would be wasted.

Carlton Cole ( if fit & priced reasonably ) would be my choice as I think he could also work well with Nando as well.

While i'm not keen on the idea it obviously worked well for Roy at Fulham so at least he's sticking with what he knows best.

I like Santa Cruz but his injuries are always a big qustion mark. I rate C.Cole but same applies with injuries + as he's english he'll be massively over priced. Llorente is the best shout for that kinda player.

That Fletcher who went to Wolves would have been ideal at a reasonable price.

To me, the forward needs to have the main attribute of being strong & clever to hold the ball while our ( often slow ) support reaches him. We aren't really a team that gets to the byeline much so an out and out ' on the end of crosses' forward would be wasted.

Carlton Cole ( if fit & priced reasonably ) would be my choice as I think he could also work well with Nando as well.

Started a thread about him last year, massive red too.

I would like to see Cardozo join.

He isn't the most ginormous of strikers (6' 4") but he can hold the ball up and he knows how to find the net.

He has scored goals all through his carrer including in the champions league.

He is a dirty big handful (remember him giving Carra a nightmare twice last season?)

And he knows how to score with his head unlike Crouch who for a giant is shite in the air.

Is right. 'dirty big handful' made me smile, thanks!