You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roys view on the team

JermainePennant

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But true.

I know. That was sort of my point, but not so easy to "get" I guess!

Brownie is spot on, results are everything. We just tend to go into overdrive looking for reasons why we're not winning the league year after year. When in fact the real reason is equally as boring (spending on players and wages):whistle:...

It can be spun to be anything that people want it to be really. If we win tomorrow, some will call it genius management but if we lose others will say that the comments had an affect on the result.

It's all bullshit really!

The most important things that Hodgson can do are to motivate the team to perform by creating a good atmosphere and giving the players some freedom to go out and play. He earns his corn on a daily basis doing the basics of his job, not by what he says to the press.

Having said all of that, I stand by what I said initially in the sense that I don't like to see our manager sounding defeatist but I fully accept that in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean that much.

Usher is right, Hodgson always talks his teams down in the media, I've noticed it as well while he was at Fulham. That's just his style.

Maybe thats why he has won Fuck all then

I wanted Rafa sacked but Id have him back tomorrow if it meant getting rid of this loser

Guest davelfc
Maybe thats why he has won Fuck all then

I wanted Rafa sacked but Id have him back tomorrow if it meant getting rid of this loser

Here we fucking go again. Let's hit a new low eh, let's call our manager a loser before we play a single premiership game.

I'm not overwhelmed with his appointment, I'm not totally confident he can do much with us, given the lack of cash I didn't think anyone would touch the job.

But he has, he's here and so far he has taken us to 2 wins in the two competitive games we've played, albeit against a shite team. That's not his fault.

Give the poor fucker a few matches before you start having a dig though. I don't much care what he says to the media, the bunch of cunts will twist it and misquote it anyway. It's what he says to the players that matters and how them perform under him.

Here we fucking go again. Let's hit a new low eh, let's call our manager a loser before we play a single premiership game.

I'm not overwhelmed with his appointment, I'm not totally confident he can do much with us, given the lack of cash I didn't think anyone would touch the job.

But he has, he's here and so far he has taken us to 2 wins in the two competitive games we've played, albeit against a shite team. That's not his fault.

Give the poor fucker a few matches before you start having a dig though. I don't much care what he says to the media, the bunch of cunts will twist it and misquote it anyway. It's what he says to the players that matters and how them perform under him.

I suppose thats the real difference I think this group of players are good enough to win the PL with a half decent manager like Kenny who I ddint want to have the job.

This is more or less the same squad that got 86 points with Jovo and Cole adding much more firepower for the loss of Xabi.

Guest davelfc
I suppose thats the real difference I think this group of players are good enough to win the PL with a half decent manager like Kenny who I ddint want to have the job.

This is more or less the same squad that got 86 points with Jovo and Cole adding much more firepower for the loss of Xabi.

We were never going to attract a 'top manager' in our current situation, any of them would have been mad to take this poisoned chalice. I can only hope that Roy is able to step up and surprise us all. There's no doubt the squad were just not playing anywhere near their capability last season, that and some baffling tactics.

Maybe, just maybe Roy can gel them together and given a much better squad than he has had at his disposal at most teams he has managed, get us up into the top 4. Until we've played a few games I don't think we will be able to make any judgements.

We're about to play three perfect games, the so called best footballing team in the prem at home, a team of mercenaries away and a WBA a team we should wipe the floor with.

Even after those three games it's too early to judge him, unless of course we get twatted in all three, which I doubt. I do think we'll have a good view of how the team is shaping up though.

Guest davelfc
That's your opinion. There were plenty of others on here suggesting otherwise a few months ago.

True, my opinion is mainly based on who we actually appointed.

Roy Hodgson is a more than "decent" manager.

In 36 years of football management he has not won a major trophy.

At his very best you could only say he was decent.

That's not even subjective. But he's what we have and as much as I resent and utterly oppose this man's appointment we have to make the best of it.

In 36 years of football management he has not won a major trophy.

At his very best you could only say he was decent.

That's not even subjective. But he's what we have and as much as I resent and utterly oppose this man's appointment we have to make the best of it.

Which major trophies has Pellegrini won?

Didn't know that.

Let me get this straight I actually agree with you it's not like we had a massive list willing to come here Pellegrini was the only one, Kenny met him at Heathrow.

I was more pointing out that I think he would have been a better choice.

Guest davelfc
Let me get this straight I actually agree with you it's not like we had a massive list willing to come here Pellegrini was the only one, Kenny met him at Heathrow.

I was more pointing out that I think he would have been a better choice.

For what it's worth I agree. I just think it's wrong for people to call the man a loser.

I'm baffled more than anything else (and of course underwhelmed) by the appointment and agree we are going to have to get behind him and see where he takes us.

Which major trophies has Pellegrini won?

Which brand of football do you prefer to watch, Fulham or Villareal?

Given that one of the huge crosses Rafa had to bear was our standard of play surely it's an absolute no brainer.

But yes I concede that the same can be said of Pellegrini as well.

For what it's worth I agree. I just think it's wrong for people to call the man a loser.

I'm baffled more than anything else (and of course underwhelmed) by the appointment and agree we are going to have to get behind him and see where he takes us.

If you not a winner you must be a loser. Thats a fact

In a cup final there is a winner and a loser its that simple and in the PL there is 19 losers, some bigger losers than others.

Which brand of football do you prefer to watch, Fulham or Villareal?

Given that one of the huge crosses Rafa had to bear was our standard of play surely it's an absolute no brainer.

But yes I concede that the same can be said of Pellegrini as well.

I just don't understand how you can ridicule Hodgson's lack of major silverware but then laud another manager who has the same issue.

In terms of style of play, only time will tell on that score but when I saw Fulham play last season, they played good football in my opinion.