You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Been seeing some girl for a bout 6 weeks and it's her birthday so I need to get her something. Nothing too extravagant as I don't really want to give the impression I like her or anything. I was thinking a new back gate maybe as hers broke the other day, well is hanging off. Would she hate this given the fact she probably doesn't expect anything or should I just get her perfume or something like that ?? cheers.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
She said she only wanted a card but I reckon that's jive, seriously what do I get her ?, I don't really want to spend more than 50-60 beans.

ooooh not the 'just get me a card' line. I've seen the result of relationships when a man takes that one at face value.

You know women like to think we 'know them' and care enough to know what to buy them. Something that shows you care and took time to think about (or at least gives that illusion).

It's a minefield though, buy something she doesn't really like and she will think you don't know her at all.

Play it safe, buy her something you like and that is non breakable but soft. So when it gets thrown at you it's a win win.

Guest davelfc
People are forgetting the importance of the gate here.

Women hate presents that are for the house, I think the gate would be a big mistake.

I'd go for the meal having thought about it, that way you get some of the present, or most of it if you eat a lot and drink more than her.

Women hate presents that are for the house, I think the gate would be a big mistake.

I'd go for the meal having thought about it, that way you get some of the present, or most of it if you eat a lot and drink more than her.

I agree with this.

The fact your even thinking about it means you like her a little and see it going further than the six weeks

Perfume, Meal and get her pissed you will then witness the magic that is knickers flying off..........!

Joking aside, I had this similar issue with my now wife. We started going out in early December and come Christmas, I had no idea what to get her. In the end, I got her some perfume and a DVD of a film that she told me that she couldn't find anywhere. Not crazy, but £40 worth and a bit of effort. Did the job.