You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Michael Owen

hunts_kopite

A "money grabbing" footballer, that's obviously a new thing. :whatever:

Newcastle offered a higher amount, yet we were the favourites to re-sign him. He would have jumped back to us if allowed, despite the lower fee offered. In the end, the coach walked away, Real left him in limbo, and he then had to take the Newcastle offer. You can't blame him for that. No forward is going to willingly sit on a bench, no matter who he is, even more so in a WC year.

He signed in June, and first scored in December. The 10 million figure is the Euro figure, as I always quote transfer valuations in Euro, which would have been the approximate value at the time.

We were short of funds last year, but despite that, there was a quality forward hanging around for free. You can complain about his motivation, and his finances, but you can't doubt his strike rate. He was and is, a quality forward, even today. Instead, we coped with David Ngog as cover. I'm afraid there is a vast vast gulf in class on the pitch, between the two.

Why don't you just stop typing as you clearly know fuck all.

You talk utter shit, and their isn't one utterance of truth in that statement.

Now fuck off.

Apart from all the other mistakes in your post, you also got it wrong about Owen reaching out his hand to LFC . When he was leaving Real Madrid he actively sought interest from Manchester United and Arsenal at the same time as he sought it from LFC. They were not interested. Manchester United were his first choice when he was a kid and his first trials were there - he selected LFC because that's what his father wanted - a row with Ferguson. Last year he confirmed that he always dreamed oif playing for Man Utd.

Interview in today's Sunday Times:

“I’d prefer to play half the games in a season here than all the games somewhere else".

Has the full season been reduced to twenty games now?? Over the hill and fuckin clueless, money grabbin' bastard. To think he was once my lad's hero.

Interview in today's Sunday Times:

“I’d prefer to play half the games in a season here than all the games somewhere else".

That for me sums him up these days. He wouldn't even last a whole season elsewhere anyway. He's broken.

Won't be picked for England as long as Capello is in charge (although if the press get their way that could be different over the next year), if he's even fit he's more content to live out his twilight years sitting on the bench at United. He'll retire in a year or two, his mindset's completely changed going by that quote. If I was a player coming to the end of my career I'd want to play as much as possible before it's all over.

Finished, in both body and mind.

Just showed the papers on SSN and it looks like he's done an exclusive with Rob Beasley and the S*n. Double page spread, photos etc and can't see the story in any other paper this morning (About how he thinks he can play at the top for 5 more years).

Funny that cause he hasn't been playing at the top for the last 5 years at least.

Knowing Beasley, it could just have been one of those events where hacks lurk and transcribe quotes, but, sadly, it wouldn't actually surprise me if Owen HAD talked directly. He really has changed, and if he did talk to Beasley the creep shouldn't turn up for Carra's testimonial.

Just showed the papers on SSN and it looks like he's done an exclusive with Rob Beasley and the S*n. Double page spread, photos etc and can't see the story in any other paper this morning (About how he thinks he can play at the top for 5 more years).

Saw that myself and ok he plays for them lot now, he gave us some of his best years and scored some fantastic goals but I have now lost any respect I had left for him, Fuck that, its like shitting on yer door step that.

Fuckin Big Stupid Cuntfaced Cunt.

I was sorting through the shite in my cupboard the other day and the 'Michael Owen 1998 Football Annual' I had when I was a kid fell out from the top and landed face down on the floor. Quietly put it at the very back and I can only hope it never sees the light of day again.

Fowler was my absolute idol as a kid (he's still one of them even now), but I don't mind saying that I loved Owen too. Probably because he had that squeaky clean image and I regularly used to eat that shite Sporties cereal he used to advertise.

To see him play for that shower breaks my heart. Fuck him. I've erased him from my Liverpool memory. The club should do what Russia did when Stalin popped his clogs and wipe the cunt from history.