You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

First post under my new "been a way for a long time so bare with me" name

(sorry site peeps, damned if I can remember my old log in details) its been a while :)

Ref was a total cnut, never a straight red.

Macha, gave a great go at it despite wanting to leave, would not have thought it today, so well done lad.

Cole, got to feel for the lad, he just wants to be part of the red machine, and got the shitty end of the stick with the deal today.

Apart from that, more heart shown today than ive seen in a long time, no complaints, even for the joke equalizer, unlucky Pepe.

We deserved the points today, no arguement.

Looking forward to the rest of the season even more now.

MOTM? too close to call, they all gave so much.

Dan Agger for not knowing who he was for most of it maybe :)

At least tell us your name.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know. I don't expect a new manager to make us play like Brazil'70 in a few weeks. At best, we will be playing nice football towards the end of the year.

So it's Brazil 1970 or shite football?

But i don't know why you think the football will get better, it didn't after five years with Rafa(not considerably anyway), and won't under Hodgson. He's a negative, pragmatic coach, just like Rafa.

More and more I'm hating Wenger. I love what he's brought to football but he's an absolute tool. Just sitting there with a face like a drooping vagina winds me right up.

We deserved to hold on to that the more I think of it. They had no creativity today and didn't trouble us much.

Well done lads, same again next week please.

Impossible to draw any conclustions after Cole was sent off.

We played better with 10 men than 11

I think a draw was a fair result based on our second half performance.

Next game should tell us a lot more about this team especially with the awful away record Hodgson has

On a positive not were already one point up on last season

in my post i wasnt putting on Rafa i said that, just said last season we gave up in some matches,down to 10 men we probably would have lost that last season

Be more specific. You mean Gerrard was giving up last year - after 7 games into the season. so there's still time.

So it's Brazil 1970 or shite football?

But i don't know why you think the football will get better, it didn't after five years with Rafa(not considerably anyway), and won't under Hodgson.

Who is talking about shite football? Give the guy a fucking chance.

If Hodgson doesn't make us play better football in couple of years time or even by end of the season, come back and have a word then. We could have a conversation.

These players have been playing under Rafa for 5 years (as you have pointed out in your post). Not saying we played our worst football under Rafa but last season's debacle will still be fresh in their minds. Not easy for any new manager to walk in, press a button to erase players minds and input new data, formation and movement in.

I think football may get better with Hodgson - because I don't share your opinion that we will continue to play utter shite football.

Yeah those goals he scored in European cup semi's and finals, the goals against Inter, the two late penos against the shite. No attacking mind at all.

Yea and Djimi Traore has a CL medal, does that prove he's a good player?

Kuyt broke down more of our attacks last year than the opposing defences and that's a fact. Go do some research on it - few other forums have proved this to be the case.

So in summary, he's not an attacking option. He's a workman when you want to protect a lead or need cover for the full backs. End of.

Yea and Djimi Traore has a CL medal, does that prove he's a good player?

Kuyt broke down more of our attacks last year than the opposing defences and that's a fact. Go do some research on it - few other forums have proved this to be the case.

So in summary, he's not an attacking option. He's a workman when you want to protect a lead or need cover for the full backs. End of.

Don't understand it with Kuyt. Goals galore in Holland. Looks like he's changed his game under Rafa because he doesn't display the predatory instinct of an out and out striker for me.

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson on the BBC: "I thought our second half performance was better than the first half. I thought two central midfielders were good. We made up being a man short and had every bit as much possession and chances as the Arsenal. But it's a disappointment to get this close to the end of the game and not get three points."

Don't understand it with Kuyt. Goals galore in Holland. Looks like he's changed his game under Rafa because he doesn't display the predatory instinct of an out and out striker for me.

Yea could be it. Don't get me wrong, I admire the guys honesty and he's been brilliant for us over the years. But he's not a striker nor a right winger, so I can't see how anyone can say he's an attacking option.