You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hot tubs

Remmie

The place I bought last year has one like this built so its sunk into the decking

image_zps8cbcf41c.jpg

To be honest, we don't get as much use out of it as we should and it is quite expensive to have running as uses up a hell of a lot of leccie, and its a pain trying to keep on top of the chemicals.

But one of the reasons we don't use it too much is we got 2 toddlers, and they're not really meant to go into hottubs cos the heat and the chemicals. We do let the them in, but they don't like the bubbles on and have no concept that jumping up and down in them might be dangerous, so often its not worth the hassle. Hopefully as they get older we will use it more. But I have to say, after a hard day/week, laying in the hottub with a drink can be really fucking good.

The wife keeps saying if we ain't gonna use it then we should get rid of it. She somehow doesn't realise that it would leave a massive square shaped hole in the decking where it used to be!

Nice one. My ex used to have one! Brilliant all year round. Especially love a clear cold winters night where you can drink booze, look up at the stars and get your end away all at the same time.

You used it in winter? Awesome. I read somewhere they don't recommend using it in cold weather which was pretty gutting as I would love that

Ok if it goes sub-zero then I should pack it away which makes sense as I don't want the water to freeze in the mechanism. I'd read elsewhere the anything under 5c was no good but I will go with the manufacturer's advice.

Who the hell said that? Cold weather is ace for hot tubbin

Wooly, do you have a cover? Saves a heck of alot in heating costs and you can walk over them so no need to worry about chitlins falling in

Yeah, although I think I could do with a new one as its looking pretty old so it might not be too efficient.

I think the hot tub is better in the cold weather too, just gotta make a mad dash when you get out!