You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

£10m a month interest?

dave u

Whatever the current deal with the bank - and I would certainly not take Bascombe's or ATK's word for that - it will be known to the board and to the bidders. Their bids will reflect their understanding of the true nature of any debt and the timing of their bids will be influenced by any deadlines for repayment.

But that does not mean that H&G will go quietly whatever the bid.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true, and bascombe is hardly blemish free, then why would other journos just report what he's saying without their 'sources' confirming it or seeing the 'evidence' atk has?

Yeah I am sure Chris and his boss Paul McCarthy just love the idea of being sued by such a powerful organization as RBS don't they?

It really is a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't where Chris B is concerned. That is a massive bit of news which needs to have more attention diverted to it for the good of the club, not me, you or Chris B. I for one am thankful to him for making this public, as we all as fans who are worried about the future of the club should be.

Just a quick point on this. Just because we are paying £10m a month, doesn't translate to £120m a year as the extension was a six month one, and runs out in October. In that six month period, we are paying £10m a month, meaning the debt will have risen by £60m since April.

This bit isn't quite right actually. The £10m a month didn't kick in back in April, it was after a deadline to sell the club by July passed, and the higher rate of interest kicked in. The debt will have risen by around £45m by the end of August compared to what it was in April, not £60m. Still completely fucking scandalous though.

This bit isn't quite right actually. The £10m a month didn't kick in back in April, it was after a deadline to sell the club by July passed, and the higher rate of interest kicked in. The debt will have risen by around £45m by the end of August compared to what it was in April, not £60m. Still completely fucking scandalous though.

We've got to find a "sugar daddy", it seems the only way out of this, someone who doesnt give a fuck what they throw money at, why would any sane businessman get involved with us?

I cant see us getting rid of these until we go into administration.

And if these cunts take RBS to court over a sale. Then LFC will pick the bill up no doubt. If kennys bid is the only one on the table, and the board except. Then I don't think they stand a chance in court. If there are two bids and one sees them walk away with a profit. I expect this to get messy.

I think litigation is inevitable, they'll see it as a chance to squeeze more out of the club.

You have to wonder what kind of agreement they signed with RBS when they agreed to let Broughton sell the club and whether it's 100% legally binding. After all, RBS just want their money and wouldn't have been bothered about what happened to the club afterwards.

It really is a fuckin disgrace, and the fact that it is'nt been highlighted by all in the media and not just Bascombe says alot about them, if were not sold this month were fucked

To quote Paul Rice.....I would like to say thanks to all the journalists for being absolutely shit at their jobs.

To quote Paul Rice.....I would like to say thanks to all the journalists for being absolutely shit at their jobs.

I know when you think the 2 he mentioned have constantly gone after the Yanks and RBS, every LFC hack needs to pick up on this, rather than just print lies about players who we've targetted, I mean come on Iniesta and Drogba gutter journalism at its best.

Well every Liverpool journalist who hasn't at least followed this up and checked it's validity could also be guilty of the same thing and kept the ball rolling with it they aren't doing their jobs right when we really need them to.

Fuck the journo's. What's our union doing? If we want something pushing thru the press, we sometimes have to generate our own story. Why can't the union approach bascombe and ask him to put up the evidence of this, if it proves valid, get the union to publish it, release a statement and generate the story the press will run with. The union needs to take the lead on this, I don't know if they're not as bascombe is bascombe, but surely that can't matter at times like this?

Fuck the journo's. What's our union doing? If we want something pushing thru the press, we sometimes have to generate our own story. Why can't the union approach bascombe and ask him to put up the evidence of this, if it proves valid, get the union to publish it, release a statement and generate the story the press will run with. The union needs to take the lead on this, I don't know if they're not as bascombe is bascombe, but surely that can't matter at times like this?

I agree 100%, but will SOS want to rock the boat with RBS if they are looking to acquire a stake in the club at a later date? It is time to put any personal agendas aside for the good of the football club.

Well every Liverpool journalist who hasn't at least followed this up and checked it's validity could also be guilty of the same thing and kept the ball rolling with it they aren't doing their jobs right when we really need them to.

No, only Bascombe is guilty of asking whether we the fans should be cutting the owners some slack.

In one of the biggest selling papers in the land as well.

Yeah I am sure Chris and his boss Paul McCarthy just love the idea of being sued by such a powerful organization as RBS don't they?

It really is a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't where Chris B is concerned. That is a massive bit of news which needs to have more attention diverted to it for the good of the club, not me, you or Chris B. I for one am thankful to him for making this public, as we all as fans who are worried about the future of the club should be.

Because the NOTW are a respected publication aren't they?

They'd never go to print talking complete made up bollocks would they?

They never have legal cases brought against them and either pay up before it goes to court or lose in court do they?

As for Bascombe I merely pointed out he was blemish free, which journo isn't?

So why should the rest simply repeat what he's alledging without checking it out? ATK has seen the 'evidence', I'm sure a few national journos with their corporate cards can take someone out for a 'meal with a few drinks on top' on expenses in an attempt to see the 'evidence' for themselves.

No, only Bascombe is guilty of asking whether we the fans should be cutting the owners some slack.

In one of the biggest selling papers in the land as well.

People have really overstated this cutting them some slack remark to a ridiculous level now. If you check the article where he said that and the context it was written in he said something like "they should be cut the tiniest bit of slack for getting the 80m SC deal but they still have to go". That is hardly a ringing endorsement of the Americans control of the club. One poxy line in three years. A slight misplaced faux-pax, at worst.

I seem to remember Chris B being one of the VERY few against the Americans buying the club back in 2006-07, when he was at the Echo of all papers. Quite funny but not altogether surprising that that gets conveniently forgotten when we are chest deep in the shite right now.

Totally agree with Barry Wom where he questions the unions silence on this matter. How can they expect to be taken seriously when they won't even approach Chris to check the validity of his story on Sunday?

I can't blame him for not going cap in hand to them after Maddocks treatment by them a while back maybe he thinks the union would do the same to him by rejecting his offer of help. Who knows, maybe if they approached him he would give them the information he has. Just a thought. The good of the club should come before anything wouldn't you say? I hope certain members of the union agree but time will tell.

People have really overstated this cutting them some slack remark to a ridiculous level now.

No they haven't.

You're more concerned with your pal Chris B then you are anything else. How can we begin to take you seriously or your pal who works for the Sunday Sun? Maybe the union doesn't want anything to do with the Sunday Sun.

These poor sensitive journalists, they will never get a break will they.

No they haven't.

You're more concerned with your pal Chris B then you are anything else. How can we begin to take you seriously or your pal who works for the Sunday Sun? Maybe the union doesn't want anything to do with the Sunday Sun.

These poor sensitive journalists, they will never get a break will they.

Ahhhh that old Sunday Sun chestnut. Always a good get-out clause that one. Shame our Scouse captain and Scouse vice-captain don't share your opinion Coro. If you are speaking on behalf of all the committee members on the union regarding that then talk about cutting your noses off to spite your faces.

The lad has evidence that this is true and here are the people that members entrust their yearly fee to do the right thing by the club no matter what turning their noses up at it. Staggering.

Ahhhh that old Sunday Sun chestnut. Always a good get-out clause that one. Shame our Scouse captain and Scouse vice-captain don't share your opinion Coro. If you are speaking on behalf of all the committee members on the union regarding that then talk about cutting your noses off to spite your faces.

The lad has evidence that this is true and here are the people that members entrust their yearly fee to do the right thing by the club no matter what turning their noses up at it. Staggering.

I'm not speaking on behalf of the committee members and it's not an old chestnut.

People in this thread talking about putting personal agendas aside and then there's you sticking up for your bezzie regardless of what he does or who he works for whilst having a go at a union of fellow supporters trying to help the club and its fans.

PS, did you get one of those England flyers during the World Cup posted through your letterbox? The Sun on one side, NOTW on the other.

'Ah, that old chestnut' i thought.

John's got a point though, if it's ok for our players to make money from doing interviews and serialising their biographies in the sunday scum, why have a go at Bascombe for working for them? Personally I wouldn't wipe my arse with it but there is no boycott against it, much as I wish there was.

Believe it or not Coro I don't particularly like the NOTW as a paper myself but this thread was about the disgusting state of finances which were worse than we possibly imagined.

The NOTW were one of the sponsors for the Hillsborough concert back in 97. The boycott to me starts and ends with the Sun as the waters get muddied then and that argument has been done to death on here.

I want this highlighted as a fan of the club what Chris wrote on Sunday. Nothing to do with sticking up for Chris at all sorry. The club debt is going up by the week by TWO AND A HALF MILLION. If people are prepared to let that continue by ignoring this then more fool them.

Could RBS end up owning Liverpool? David Maddock examines all the takeover options from Yahya Kirdi to Kenny Huang: The David Maddock Column - David Maddock - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Last weekend, it was revealed that the Americans have now converted their loans on the club to a similar agreement to that utilised by the Glazer family at Old Trafford, which essentially defers the debt and wracks it up in ever increasing numbers.

Some estimates suggest levels could even double within the next two years, and everyone agrees that if a buyer can’t be found within the next few weeks, then the club is doomed financially.