You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am not personally that bothered but just so you know : along with the profile pic not working, my profile doesn't display the youtube that's in my details, and signature isn't working either. My sig field is empty at the moment, but when I tried adding one earlier nothing happened. Will put something there though just incase you need to check after trying to fix it at somepoint.

Am not personally that bothered but just so you know : along with the profile pic not working, my profile doesn't display the youtube that's in my details, and signature isn't working either. My sig field is empty at the moment, but when I tried adding one earlier nothing happened. Will put something there though just incase you need to check after trying to fix it at somepoint.

I'll check that out now.

Changed my default skin to TLW mobile and now I can't change it back.

The world has gone all black;white and blue.

Help.

Managed to change it from the homepage.

{Wipes brow}.

Edited by Stouffer
Sorted

Changed my default skin to TLW mobile and now I can't change it back.

The world has gone all black;white and blue.

Help.

Managed to change it from the homepage.

{Wipes brow}.

That happened to me on my mobile. I just cleared the cache and it was fine.

Unfortunately I wasn't here when it happened and couldn't get it back up online until just now. The site keeps running out of RAM, and when it does it then starts using virtual memory. It runs out of that, and collapses. The problem is that there is enough RAM, but something keeps eating it all up.

MySQL is creating a temporary table which is so large that it actually fills the hard disk on the server, which seems to be why the virtual memory runs out. We need to find out why that table is being created. I think it is something to do with the repair I tried to run last weekend that is only half finished.

I can only run the rest of the repair through the night when the site is quiet, and it will take another three nights to complete I think. Whether or not that will fix the memory problem I don't know, but if it doesn't then I'm going to have to pay someone to look at it.

Barry Wom and Dirty Sanchez are helping me out for free, but I'm also trying to get a quote from the hosting company to see what they will charge to have someone look at it and fix it.

I know it's a pain in the arse and I can only apologise.

It seems to happen around the same time every day, suggesting there is a scheduled task kicking in.

Don't think there is, and this is the first time it's happened at 12. Maybe someone tried to hack in here as well as rawk?

It's usually between 1-2pm that it goes nuts. Don't know what happened at 12 as I wasn't here, but I will have a look and see what vbulletin tasks were running at that time.

There are going to be problems until I get this re-indexing of all posts completed. So far 1.5m are done, with around 700k left to do. I'll do best part of that tonight, and the rest tmrw. That should help, and Barry Wom is back to help me on monday as he's not about this week.

I'm pretty sure the problems are related to searches that people do, as well as things the forum does itself (looking for similar threads and anything that requires all the posts in the database to be scanned). Until the re-indexing is done, anything that tries to go through all the posts is going to cause a backlog of queries, which build up until eventually all the memory is used up.

Is there any way you can fuck the "Similar threads" links off that appear at the bottom of each page; I wouldn't have thought that many people used them anyway?

Its actually quite good. I found a thread today with Tom moaning about a truck causing him to nearly miss the Carling cup semi against Watford in 05. Insightful stuff.