You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we got the profile pic changing not working? Tried changing and the pic's only a few pixels big. Tried changing back and I think it's literally 1 x 2 pixels.

Pretty sure if I changed the layout to suit the smaller resolution, it wouldn't look the same in the larger ones. I will look into this when I've got a chance though.

I think the only way is to wrap the whole design into a css container div that's centered, then it's just smaller as you scale up. Not totally sure on that though as it's late and have had a few to drink.

Edit : yeah forgot about fluid. If you use that type of width (as in percentage width and height for values instead of pixels.) it changes naturally and keeps shape no matter what res. Depends on how the css is coded.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Some non gold members still seem to have an avatar or the "grey man" while others have nothing.

Is Live Topic coming back?

The banner at the top of the page is a bit funky (all over the place).

I'm a pain in the arse; I know.

Some non gold members still seem to have an avatar or the "grey man" while others have nothing.

Is Live Topic coming back?

The banner at the top of the page is a bit funky (all over the place).

I'm a pain in the arse; I know.

I don't know why the avatar thing is happening.

Yes, Live Topic will be coming back, I'm just monitoring how the server performs without it, and then when it comes back I'll see if it makes a difference.

Can you provide a screenshot of the banner for me?

A little bit maybe, but post a picture on my profile of some delicious roast potatoes, nice and crispy and I'll let it slide. No meat, gravy or veg or anything else with it mind, just the spuds.

Can't do a screenshot at work; I'll sort it when I get home tho'. Could be because I'm on ie6 at work.

The logoleft and logoright images on the banner are larger than the middle grey bit.

Oh and the tatties; sorted.

It was in April's newsletter:

April Newsletter

Alright people

As I mentioned in the last pm, the bonus ball scheme has now been scrapped due to not enough people being in it to make it worthwhile. If you were in it and haven't cancelled your standing order yet, please do, and thanks for taking part. With the cost of running the site continuing to rise, the bonus ball scheme finishing and the donations drying up, I've decided to scrap the donation option altogether and introduce a six month season ticket option as well as the regular 12 month one.

What that means is that the 'donor' option is no longer available, and avatars, negging, all that jazz will in future only be available for season ticket holders. Non season ticket holders can browse and post, but won't have the other little extras like avatars and user titles etc. This won't come into effect until August however, as it would be unfair to anyone who has recently made a donation to suddenly have their privileges revoked.

It's not something I particularly wanted to do, but as has been pointed out to me by a couple of people, the current system is flawed and unfair. For example, someone who donated a fiver three or four years ago gets the same privileges as somebody who threw in £30 or who makes regular contributions.

This way isn't perfect either, but at least everyone will be on an equal footing. I realise some won't like it, but for the site to survive it is a necessary step I'm afraid. If you want to sign up for a season ticket, you can do so here.

Okay never mind. I was just looking for a list of changes. From looking through the Season ticket thread I've answered most of my questions.

One thing I will say before heading off for a few hours is that I think that the removal of the rep button for non-ST members (assuming that's the case) is a bad idea as it's a good tool for new guys looking to integrate. But, I've never been upset about the lack of a rep button on other forums so maybe it's not a big miss.

edit: thanks NWT, I owe you a rep when I get myself sorted.

Okay never mind. I was just looking for a list of changes. From looking through the Season ticket thread I've answered most of my questions.

One thing I will say before heading off for a few hours is that I think that the removal of the rep button for non-ST members (assuming that's the case) is a bad idea as it's a good tool for new guys looking to integrate. But, I've never been upset about the lack of a rep button on other forums so maybe it's not a big miss.

edit: thanks NWT, I owe you a rep when I get myself sorted.

Forwarded on the April one which has changes listed.

Server gone a bit nuts this afternoon. I think I worked out what caused it, and I've disabled the program that was running when it happened. Going to make a few more changes to it tonight which will hopefully stop this happening.

Hey, how come this guy still has an avatar but isn't a ST holder?

Where do I forward complaints?

Anyone have trouble with the card payment system? I was banned from Paypal years ago (Ebay-related mixup I could never be arsed fixing, needed to send letters and stuff) but just tried to use the debit card thing, clicked okay and continue but it just kept loading for about 15 minutes so I shut the bitch down.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Anyone have trouble with the card payment system? I was banned from Paypal years ago (Ebay-related mixup I could never be arsed fixing, needed to send letters and stuff) but just tried to use the debit card thing, clicked okay and continue but it just kept loading for about 15 minutes so I shut the bitch down.

Have you tried restarting the internets. Not the router or modem, but the actual internets? All 23 of them.