You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you up for amending templates at all?

I'm the template amending king. As long as I know what template, and what bit needs changing. I'm boss at copy and pasting.

Dunno if anyone else has experienced it. But I haven't been able to get on the website for a few hours, I know TSO has/had the same problem.

Yep, it went down at about 2o'clock, just as I had to go out. I assumed it would come back up in about ten mins like it usually would, but it didn't and I had to put in a support ticket when I got to my mums house. They rebooted it all and it came back on about half three, and I think it's been fine ever since. I'm going to look into what caused it to go belly up.

I had a window of about 1 hour this morning where it worked fine, and only in the past half hour or so has it worked fine. Other that that, the site's been up and down more times than Graham Norton at Mardi Gras.

Like I say, it was fucked between 1 and 3.30, have you had problems before or after that?

Dave, I can't post a thread on the GF involving a poll.

No idea why that would be, I'll have a look.

Dave, when i logged in using Chrome i changed it to worksafe mode...i want to change it back but can't find the button. Is it possible to change it back?

Ta

If you are in mobile worksafe, you need to go back to the homepage The Liverpool Way Website and you can change back from there. You might want to use the other worksafe skin, which is available again now.

Don't like those white boxes at the bottom of each post but everything else is working fine.

And I don't like that even if you press enter a few times after your final word the box is still right beneath it.

If I can find the template that relates to it, I'll see if I can fix it.

Just checked and it's the screen resolution. I'm using 1024 x 768 so it knocks it out, and obviously anything lower goes even further.

Yep, the site looks like shit from my mums laptop, in firefox, explorer, chrome etc It's an issue with the resolution, nothing I can do about it at this end.

Yep, the site looks like shit from my mums laptop, in firefox, explorer, chrome etc It's an issue with the resolution, nothing I can do about it at this end.

You could do it for 1024 x 768 if you get many people complaining. Just increase the size of the white background div that's centered then pull the columns over to the left as it's only about 40-50 pixels I think, until it matches up. Or you could make the season ticket banner about the same size smaller which looks like it'd do the same thing as I'm sure that's pushing it out. Only if you get a load of complaints though obviously. Will see if I can increase screen size in a firefox profile or something though as this is an old monitor and a shitty size, which makes things hard to read in bigger resolutions.

Actually, maybe that wouldn't even work. Bigger resolutions might be knocked out then. CSS sucks.

Edited by Red Phoenix

Or you could make the season ticket banner about the same size smaller which looks like it'd do the same thing as I'm sure that's pushing it out.

The ST banner isn't much wider than the one at the top with the facebook and twitter icons. I don't think that's the problem.

Actually, maybe that wouldn't even work. Bigger resolutions might be knocked out then. CSS sucks.

Pretty sure if I changed the layout to suit the smaller resolution, it wouldn't look the same in the larger ones. I will look into this when I've got a chance though.