You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony Evans on talksport before

-Gillett's Syrian mate another delaying tactic

-Gillett/Hicks, despite talk of wanting out, quite willing to sit tight and ride out the storm before new tv deals kick in

-Torres WILL LEAVE if takeover doesnt happen, sick of broken promises

-Offer is to purchase the debt from RBS, as they would not pay the 600-800million which they where being quoted

-Want the deal to happen now, so funds can be made available for transfers straight away

-Stadium will begin asap

-If nothing happens in 2 weeks they will walk away

-Broughton shocked to realise that there are NO other serious bidders interested in the club despite what he's said publically

Take what Tony Evans says with a pinch of salt.

Two or three weeks ago he was all over Talksport saying the club was in total meltdown and all the players were instructing their agents to find them a new club. The club were also apparently working out a way for Torres and Gerrard to leave with dignity.

Then we sign Cole, Gerrard commits and there's an indication that Torres wants to stay. He's now banging on about Torres leaving if no investment, which might be the case, but is probably down to 'hedging his bets' rather than any factual content. He probably knows about as much as the next man and with so much 'spin' out there, thats probably not very much!

Tony Evans on talksport before

-Gillett's Syrian mate another delaying tactic

-Gillett/Hicks, despite talk of wanting out, quite willing to sit tight and ride out the storm before new tv deals kick in

-Torres WILL LEAVE if takeover doesnt happen, sick of broken promises

-Offer is to purchase the debt from RBS, as they would not pay the 600-800million which they where being quoted

-Want the deal to happen now, so funds can be made available for transfers straight away

-Stadium will begin asap

-If nothing happens in 2 weeks they will walk away

-Broughton shocked to realise that there are NO other serious bidders interested in the club despite what he's said publically

Cheers for that mate brilliant post.

P.s were you loitering outside of mr magoos on friday night? Could have sworn it was you?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Take what Tony Evans says with a pinch of salt.

Yep. This whole 'no other serious bidders' thing is, as far as I'm aware, not true.

Take what Tony Evans says with a pinch of salt.Two or three weeks ago he was all over Talksport saying the club was in total meltdown and all the players were instructing their agents to find them a new club. The club were also apparently working out a way for Torres and Gerrard to leave with dignity.

Then we sign Cole, Gerrard commits and there's an indication that Torres wants to stay. He's now banging on about Torres leaving if no investment, which might be the case, but is probably down to 'hedging his bets' rather than any factual content. He probably knows about as much as the next man and with so much 'spin' out there, thats probably not very much!

A genuine red completely fucked off with the state of the club thought three major players would fuck off this summer.

One will.

One is going to stay.

The other that would make most cash for cancer and aids has yet to make up his mind.

If 2 out of 3 went his opinion (at that time) would be viewed entirely differently.

Just my opinion but I reckon Evans is full of shit. Hes just seriously peeved Rafa got the boot and hes let it show really obviously.

I reckon he might be right about Torres waiting to see how this shit pans out though. But thats fairly obvious for everyone to see.

A genuine red completely fucked off with the state of the club thought three major players would fuck off this summer.

One will.

One is going to stay.

The other that would make most cash for cancer and aids has yet to make up his mind.

If 2 out of 3 went his opinion (at that time) would be viewed entirely differently.

You are forgetting to add the one leaving has wanted to leave for sometime and reportedly for reasons other than 'promises'.

As of 31st of July RBS has the right to call in the debt and to put the club into administration if it is not paid. This allows a hostile bid to be below the full value of the club's debts because in that scenario the club would be sold and the creditors would be paid according to the size of their debt. If RBS put us into administration, they could sell the club to Huang for the amount of their exposure and Hicks and Gillett would have to cry about it. That's not what's happening though. What's happening is that Huang is offering the RBS amount plus a sweetener on top for Gillett and Hicks which will allow them to get out unburned but without any significant profit. He's dealing with RBS, because RBS have the power to turn around to Hicks and Gillett and say "take this or you get nothing". Hence it's a hostile bid. He won't buy the debt off RBS, there would be no point. He wants a quick sale so he can give Hodgson a transfer budget. That's my take on it anyway.

Chairman Mao has never seen a greater show of red strength.

One will.

One is going to stay.

I'm not doubting his love for the club, but he has been prone to over-exaggeration for a journo with one of the reputable papers. But he didn't limit it to Torres, Gerrard and Masch that were looking to leave when he was bleating all over talksport(for which he should know better) on a Friday show repeating on the Monday, a few days befroe Cole signed which he didn't see coming. But as they say todays new, tomorrows chip papers and no one holds them to account!

Just my opinion but I reckon Evans is full of shit. Hes just seriously peeved Rafa got the boot and hes let it show really obviously.

I reckon he might be right about Torres waiting to see how this shit pans out though. But thats fairly obvious for everyone to see.

I don't. I think Evans is an emotional fan and one of the few journo's that you know (regardless of whether you agree with him or not) has our best interests at heart.

True, he liked Rafa and maybe got a bit too close, but if Rafa was the one trying to fuck the club rather than the club trying to fuck everyone and everything - especially the fans, then have no doubt whatsoever that he would tell the world.

Give me a consistent journalist everyday (even if I disagree with them) than a journalist that changes their mind from week to week, depending on who slips them a bone of info, like Bascombe and Maddock.

Journalists don't know everything and they get things wrong, but I have no concerns that he is deliberately trying to mislead the fans.

Finally, people were crying out for public figures to spell out the precariousness of our financial position, so he does, and everyone rips him to shreds.

Maybe everyone should write their own individual newspapers with just their opinions and a readership of one.

Tony Evans can't even mail a book.

Oh he can't be that bad, he wasn't on SOS's naughty list.

As for the takeover, I'm sceptical now to a point where I can't ever see it happening. There's some legs to this as the BBC have committed to it, and there's absolutely no way they commit to ANYTHING unless it's cast iron. And Mihir Bose is nowhere near the story...

We do need to be cautious about going from one set of shit owners to another, and I'd like more information about the consortium as opposed to Huang, but it does seem like this is serious. Not that that means anything with those two cancerous pieces of filth in charge. It's down to RBS - but financial pressure won't work, eh?

I'm not doubting his love for the club, but he has been prone to over-exaggeration for a journo with one of the reputable papers. But he didn't limit it to Torres, Gerrard and Masch that were looking to leave when he was bleating all over talksport(for which he should know better) on a Friday show repeating on the Monday, a few days befroe Cole signed which he didn't see coming. But as they say todays new, tomorrows chip papers and no one holds them to account!

I'd have no one associated with our club on talk sport but if Carra is on there then Evans should be afforded the same slack surely? I wonder why Carra no longer has a 'beef with them'?

However he is a journo so will need to be more careful in what he says as it could come back to haunt him.

My point is that if Torres did leave Evans standpoint would reflect the vast, vast majority of fans, and he certainly aint come out and said he's staying.

I've not heard this. Would be interested to hear it though.

Mascherano was fined two weeks wages by Rafa last season for him and his agent saying he wanted to go to Barca. It's out there if you google a bit. It's been an open secret he wants out for more than twelve months.