You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

Wouldn't be a bad first signing under the new owners to show their intent.

Kun Aguero would be a sufficient marker for me. I don't want to be that gauche, I don't want us to go all "Mac City" throwing money around at 2nd rate players like Viera and Santa Cruz.

If they come in at all - and nothing is settled yet - I just want them to make us self sufficient with a stadium big enough to take advantage of demand. We were the best club in Europe working on that model before, we can be the Best club in the World using that model in the future.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Shankly would be proud to see LFC in the hands of people who manage to repress their people so well that labour unions virtually don't exist.

I'm not comfortable with this at all and I've got a feeling that the sea of moral cowards, that will be too busy wanking themselves silly over the sniff of a trophy to consider the human rights abuses in China, will push me to be even less comfortable with it. As will throwing money about like the other classless cunts that play in shades of blue.

Does this mean we should break all associations with China?

Should we boycott all things China?

Who draws the line?

its clear that a bigger stadium and expanded commercial streams will produce big profits - provided we compete at the sharp end on the pitch. for the investment to work we don't need to win anythng just be in all the competitions up to the business end of things. sustainable is spending money on the team and not bleeding it dry - i think seriously the chinese market is the way to go, whether thats the ethical way is a bigger question than liverpool - they probably make half the tat in the club shop already!

Most couldn't afford the socks never mind the shirt. But never fear I believe they have access to a few copies.

Only if the shirts are sold at the £50 a pop they go at here.

You sell 1,000,000 shirts at £50 - you get £50,000,000

You sell 300,000,000 shirts at £1 - you get £300,000,000

I'm sure the Sovereign wealth fund of China would realise that bit of marketing.

Guest davelfc
Only if the shirts are sold at the £50 a pop they go at here.

You sell 1,000,000 shirts at £50 - you get £50,000,000

You sell 300,000,000 shirts at £1 - you get £300,000,000

I'm sure the Sovereign wealth fund of China would realise that bit of marketing.

I'm sure they will still copy them and sell them at 50p then. Or ship them on ebay to UK fans.

I find it rather ironic, that if we get China on board. Hodgson will have pretty much an open chequebook. Yet Rafa is stuck in the same situation at inter as he was here, I.E Selling to buy.

Will there ever be a point when you stop with your petty, snide digs? Pathetic. He's gone, get over it.

I find it rather ironic, that if we get China on board. Hodgson will have pretty much an open chequebook. Yet Rafa is stuck in the same situation at inter as he was here, I.E Selling to buy.

I know, it's like rain on your wedding day, a free ride you didn't take, some good advice that you just didn't take and who would have thought it figures?

Will there ever be a point when you stop with your petty, snide digs?

It just makes me laugh is all. He spent years, fighting, moaning, kicking off and had he held out for 2 more months, he potentially could have had what he wanted.

UNLIMITED NET SPEND

It just makes me laugh is all. He spent years, fighting, moaning, kicking off and had he held out for 2 more months, he potentially could have had what he wanted.

UNLIMITED NET SPEND

Yes but he'd prob just spend it on more defensive midfielders and 'strikers' which he'd turn into wingers.

Was thinking the same myself Ant. If he'd have just kept his head down and tried to make the best of a bad situation.

Then again. I'd be surprised that the new owners, who ever they are, weren't in advanced talks while Rafa was still here. Surely if we're on the brink of being sold, then any new owners will have done a due diligence process with in the last few months. Surely any serious bidder would have said if they'd wanted Rafa to still be manager when they arrived.

Guest davelfc
I'm sure they will which is why I only used the figure of 300,000,000 out of a total population of 1.5 Billion or so.

I think we might be lucky to see even a fraction of the number you used even know what Liverpool is never mind have the spare money to waste on us.

But there's no doubt there's money to be made from this.

Ironic , or funny ?

Clown.