You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

It seems to me that this bid rests entirely on RBS forcing the sale of the club rather than allowing the owners to find a buyer themselves. No doubt that is why the news has been leaked so that public pressure can be put onto RBS to force the deal.

The question is, what effect would RBS forcing the sale have in the financial world and will public pressure be enough to overcome their reservations ? You'd think that if RBS were happy to force the sale, then there wouldn't have been a reason to leak the news.

I think well judging by rory smith's article, its been leaked by Huang's people because Gillett is trying to stop any sort of deal because its lower than the valuation but obviously he cant do that as the club is officially for sale and RBS would not be too happy to find out Gillett is being his usual self...a cock! By Huang leaking this, it gets us fans pressuring the RBS into only having one and one only option..to basically get the balls to go to the other 2 arseholes offer needs to accepted, sign here please, door on the right, you dont accept we call the loans in now.

Thats my take on it anyway, could be wrong. God i hate the yanks far too much!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest simon

So looks like this story is true.

Heres the likely Scenario

We pressure RBS, RBS call in what G&H owe

Our good players are immediately put on the transfer list.

The True players that love LFC like they say they do will stay.

Is there a way of getting a message to the players?

Maybe someone who knows a certain big player. If one player Such as Stevie or Carra had a discussion with the rest told them what is likely to happen and to refuse to move. Im sure they would. If this is all try i think Masch will stay.

I'm not sure about this Kenny Huang. On the face of it, he's a fella who was interested in buying the club a few months ago, for a lower price than G&H would class as fair, and was effectively told to do one. Now he's supposedly come back to the table, with mystery backers from his homeland that he's had regular dealings with, and come back with a bigger bid no less. All at around the same time that rumours are flying round that people from the Middle East are possibly serious about doing a deal. He also wants things wrapped up quickly. All of this just sounds a little TOO familiar.

Guest davelfc

Maybe someone who knows a certain big player. If one player Such as Stevie or Carra had a discussion with the rest told them what is likely to happen and to refuse to move. Im sure they would. If this is all try i think Masch will stay.

It's not quite that simple, g&h cannot just put all the good players on the transfer list to raise their cash to make a payment to the bank.

They have been squeezed slowly by the bank and this latest twist will see them get squeezed even more. I just hope this latest play by a prospective new owner works.

There was an article in the IOS yesterday, about the most popular football shirts and by a long distance was Torres, followed by Gerrard!

That is crux to this, we often underestimate our pull, there are four worldwide clubs, and we are one of them, despite their claim, Real and Barcelona are not as big as us, and I would say that in China we are bigger than any other club.

We've got an inexplicable number of gloryhunters.

I'm not sure about this Kenny Huang. On the face of it, he's a fella who was interested in buying the club a few months ago, for a lower price than G&H would class as fair, and was effectively told to do one. Now he's supposedly come back to the table, with mystery backers from his homeland that he's had regular dealings with, and come back with a bigger bid no less. All at around the same time that rumours are flying round that people from the Middle East are possibly serious about doing a deal. He also wants things wrapped up quickly. All of this just sounds a little TOO familiar.

Wasn't the previous bid said to be around £500m? This is substantially smaller. Situations change. The middle east "interest" comes from a friend of Gillett, called up by good old George to stall Huang's intended purchase.

I think well judging by rory smith's article, its been leaked by Huang's people because Gillett is trying to stop any sort of deal because its lower than the valuation but obviously he cant do that as the club is officially for sale and RBS would not be too happy to find out Gillett is being his usual self...a cock! By Huang leaking this, it gets us fans pressuring the RBS into only having one and one only option..to basically get the balls to go to the other 2 arseholes offer needs to accepted, sign here please, door on the right, you dont accept we call the loans in now.

Thats my take on it anyway, could be wrong. God i hate the yanks far too much!

Yes I think so. They have allegedly been negotiating with RBS for a while. Leaking the news now suggests a change in tactics in the negotiations and they need public pressure, possibly because the bid isnt going the way they hoped it would.

I would guess that the agents of the players are well aware of what is going on.

There is absolutely no fucking chance that a firesale of our players could get them the £237M they need in a short enough time to stop this from happening if RBS fancy it ... no way whatsoever.

Yes I think so. They have allegedly been negotiating with RBS for a while. Leaking the news now suggests a change in tactics in the negotiations and they need public pressure, possibly because the bid isnt going the way they hoped it would.

Yeah agreed mate, this has the potential to be a masterstroke by Huang but only if he is successful but he is the first potential owner who has grabbed the owners by their balls and gone alright you wanna sell, here's the offer and whether you like it or not, I want this club. See what happens but this could take off rather quickly.

Guest simon
There is absolutely no fucking chance that a firesale of our players could get them the £237M they need in a short enough time to stop this from happening if RBS fancy it ... no way whatsoever.

There is interest in a lot of our team. Even though i agree i really think there that much of cunts that they would try.

A bit like The Temptations still well liked but haven't had a hit in ages.

Exactly. More loyal than gloryhunter don't you think?

Anyway, let's hope we celebrating over a chop suey soon enough. The club has regressed badly last 4 yrs.

Exactly. More loyal than gloryhunter don't you think?

Anyway, let's hope we celebrating over a chop suey soon enough. The club has regressed badly last 4 yrs.

There's a difference in liking the band and making out you're a motown great yourself.Will it mean that we're an asset of a totalitarian state?Maybe Shanks remark about more reds than Chairman Mao is coming true.

From the Grauniad

Sources have confirmed this morning that the Chinese businessman Kenneth Huang has offered to buy Liverpool's £237m debt from the Royal Bank of Scotland in an attempt to end Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr's control of the Premier League club.

Huang has made no announcement but has appointed a British media relations firm to represent him "in respect of his interest in Liverpool Football Club". He was first linked to a takeover of the 18-time English champions two years ago, when he was put off by the £650m valuation. He is understood to value the club currently at around £350m.

Huang, chairman of the Hong Kong-based QSL Sports Group, has the backing of a wealthy investment fund behind him. "A deal has to be done before the transfer window closes," a source close to Huang told the BBC. "Huang has made a firm proposal. The club's board has to sanction the sale and it could be sewn up in days."

But Gillett is said to have told RBS that he is in negotiations with the Syrian businessman and former international football Yahya Kirdi. According to the terms of the bank's loan to Liverpool, they are obliged to listen to any bids that come through the American co-owners. Sources suggest the offer is unlikely to come to anything, and is being used in an attempt to prise more money from Huang.

Huang's current offer for the club would see Hicks and Gillett fail to make any profit from the club, which they bought for £218.9m in February 2007. They expect to get £600m for the club now.

The Liverpool manager, Roy Hodgson, said last month he wants the uncertainty over the club's future resolved as soon as possible, giving him time to bring in new players before the transfer window closes on 31 August. Should no bid be successful this summer, there is a possibility that RBS could call in a percentage of their loan in October, potentially pushing the club into administration.