You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

He needs the Press, because he is reported to be dealing in behalf of the Chinese Government! And all the awkward shite that involvement of that kind brings.

No He doesn't. He needs to act in a professional manner and convince Broughton and his colleagues he is the right man for the job. What a bunch of fans think on a forum isn't going to come into it.

Everyone uses PR, again Barry, DIC used them when they were talking over the club, the Redknights are using PR to enable them to take over United, using PR is not indicitive of someone lacking funds. It is just as relevant to suggest that he is fully aware of how this is going to play out, and where it is going to be played out and has come prepared.

Now I am suspicious that there are indeed 5 genuine bids on the table. But let's take Purslows words at face value and there are. Only Huang and Kirdi out of the 5 have found the need to run a PR campaign. That means 3 of the remaining 5 bids are keeping their gobs shut and respecting their confidentiality agreements. You mention DIC using PR, but then I think they're pricks too and as bad as our owners are (in fact how easily Gillet out smarted them is frightening), I have no reason to suspect DIC would be better than we have today.

As for the RedKnights, when exactly are they buying the mancs? They're not because they don't have the money, they are shouting their existence from the roof tops to try and drum up more money. Do you see a parallel here with Huang?

And I don't see anyone saying that they are now not backing him! CIC have been quite evasive about their involvement, which suggests there is involvement of some kind, if they were not involved you would be in no doubt that they are not involved.

Have they been evasive? I thought that were quite clear and a spokesman said they had no involvement. That has only been soured by the spin that has followed with suggestions they are investing in other vehicles which would in turn invest in LFC, but that didn't come from CIC, it came from the people wanting to convince us Huang has the money. He was then pushing the story he was involved with some other comapny (Franklin somebody), who instantly backed away and then it was claimed it was just someone who cleaned their windows once or something.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has come up with conclusive proof that he does not have the funds, just lots of people reading between the lines and reading certain phrases from a particular perspective and that Martin Samuel column is a pile of shite, sorry but it is, using a multi billionaire as an example of how you run a club professionaly is irrelevant to say the least!

I am not talking about Martin Samuel, I wouldn't read the prick. However, it is not for LFC or me and you for that matter to prove Huang does not have the funds. The onus is on Huang to conclusively prove he does. As of Sunday he hadn't, yet already he is spitting his dummy out and wanting to walk away? And people want someone like that running our club? It beggars belief considering what we have been through the last 3 years.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea were purchased the day before they would have gone bust and Mancity fot the price of Gerrard and Torres. Not really the same game here.

Excactly. Samuel is talking out of his arse here. Bates and Shinawatra were desperate to sell for different reasons. Due diligence didn't play too much of a part in either case. If I was spunking £400m of other peoples' money on a football club that's been owned by the cunt's we've got I'd want every stone unturning fully before I splashed my cash. So shut it Samuel, gobshite.

Excactly. Samuel is talking out of his arse here. Bates and Shinawatra were desperate to sell for different reasons. Due diligence didn't play too much of a part in either case. If I was spunking £400m of other peoples' money on a football club that's been owned by the cunt's we've got I'd want every stone unturning fully before I splashed my cash. So shut it Samuel, gobshite.

Depends how much you have in the first place. If CIC are heavily involved then £400m + financing outright a new stadium is still pocket change to them.

I agree very much with what Barry Wom has been saying

Depends how much you have in the first place. If CIC are heavily involved then £400m + financing outright a new stadium is still pocket change to them.

£400m is probably a pocket change for them as they don't have a model to throw money away without satisfying themselves 100% on the return on their investment.

And I certainly won't expect them to change their model just to buy us. And anyone for that matter. As the moment someone does that to buy us, we won't be a business. We will be a rich man's play thing.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Tony Evan's webchat about the Takeover is starting now. Anybody able to give us a bunk over the paywall?

I dont necissarily believe an investor such as the consortium (believed to include CIC etc) Huang's negotiating on behalf of is in it to make money directly off of Liverpool FC, at least not at the first stage. More so indirectly through PR potential and power that exist with the brand LFC and the appeal of the PL. The PL is followed by a billion people, LFC's does have millions of fans across the world, not necissarily fans who follow the club on a daily basis, but certainly who watches games and follows what's going on in terms of results etc. The potential of this is beyond fucking massive in terms of marketing. I think it's these things Huangs consortium look at being interesting.

No He doesn't. He needs to act in a professional manner and convince Broughton and his colleagues he is the right man for the job. What a bunch of fans think on a forum isn't going to come into it.

You don't know what he has said to Broughton, and therefore you don't know how professional he is or has acted.

As far as I am aware, PR is not for the hearts and minds of TLW, however important people think this website is! You are basing your opinion on what has been said, through what you have read and heard via the Media, whether you like it or not, a lot of information, and that is what we are talking about here, information and misinformation is released to, and used through the Media. Everybody has PR, it means nothing.

Now I am suspicious that there are indeed 5 genuine bids on the table. But let's take Purslows words at face value and there are. Only Huang and Kirdi out of the 5 have found the need to run a PR campaign. That means 3 of the remaining 5 bids are keeping their gobs shut and respecting their confidentiality agreements. You mention DIC using PR, but then I think they're pricks too and as bad as our owners are (in fact how easily Gillet out smarted them is frightening), I have no reason to suspect DIC would be better than we have today.

Again, for the sake of argument you have chosen to take what Purslow has said at face value! What if there is no bids on the table, what if the Yanks are stalling and what if, RBS, just as their release about the 'penalities' last week, are working with Huang to increase the pressure on the Yanks.

You have mentioned professionalism, well this is not going to be a professional transaction Barry because there are two fucking shysters invovled and obstructing every movement made to remove them, and they will use every method possible, either legal or illegal to maintain their hold on the club. They are not willing sellers, no matter what they say!

As for the RedKnights, when exactly are they buying the mancs? They're not because they don't have the money, they are shouting their existence from the roof tops to try and drum up more money. Do you see a parallel here with Huang?

You are missing the point, or more likely, I am not illustrating it well enough! We know who the Redknights are, we also know about the anti Glazer movement, and we know because they have been brilliant at tapping into the media, and building exposure, now it might not lead to anything, but it could lead to something!

Have they been evasive? I thought that were quite clear and a spokesman said they had no involvement.

I'll try and find something, but they were certainly not specific! It was something the lines of a 'No comment', but I will try and find something to back this up. They have certainly not been unequivocal about it.

I am not talking about Martin Samuel, I wouldn't read the prick. However, it is not for LFC or me and you for that matter to prove Huang does not have the funds. The onus is on Huang to conclusively prove he does. As of Sunday he hadn't, yet already he is spitting his dummy out and wanting to walk away?

See this is the crux, and what I am trying to get at! Who says he is trying to run away! The press, who put the article out there? Genuine question who, RBS, Huang?

How was it worded and interpreted? We know the press will and can, edit specifically to suit, maybe he is simply speaking directly to the Yanks, stop pissing about or I walk and you lose the club to the banks, maybe RBS want the pressure on the yanks. I don't know.

And people want someone like that running our club? It beggars belief considering what we have been through the last 3 years.

That is just emotional blackmail! Sorry but it is. The Parasites are two immoral crooks who have been proven time and time again to be liars and theives, and Huang at present has suggested he might be a bit unproffesional and might not have the money!

Whoever takes over will not be judged now, they will be judged in three years time!

You don't know what he has said to Broughton, and therefore you don't know how professional he is or has acted.

Broughton was really clear at the start of this process. He said credible bids will not be done through the press. Therefore I will judge Huang by the values the Chairman has told me he will be judging them and it would appear Huang has acted in an unprofessional matter. He talked in that chinese interview last week he had signed an NDA, yet went on to keep talking about the bid!! Unprofessional at best, no better than the Pompey & Notts C owners at worst.

As far as I am aware, PR is not for the hearts and minds of TLW, however important people think this website is! You are basing your opinion on what has been said, through what you have read and heard via the Media, whether you like it or not, a lot of information, and that is what we are talking about here, information and misinformation is released to, and used through the Media. Everybody has PR, it means nothing.

Who is it for then? I don't just mean this forum - i mean our fan base. Like it or not we have nothing to do with it. If it is for Broughton, ffs, this man is chairman of BA who get slammed pillar to post by the press on a daily basis, he won't give 2 shits about a campaign by a Chinese wide boy in the press.

Again, for the sake of argument you have chosen to take what Purslow has said at face value! What if there is no bids on the table, what if the Yanks are stalling and what if, RBS, just as their release about the 'penalities' last week, are working with Huang to increase the pressure on the Yanks.

You have mentioned professionalism, well this is not going to be a professional transaction Barry because there are two fucking shysters invovled and obstructing every movement made to remove them, and they will use every method possible, either legal or illegal to maintain their hold on the club. They are not willing sellers, no matter what they say!

I have taken Purslow's words at face value, not because I trust him, but because we are going through a takeover process. There are some really tight laws regarding what he can and can't say. Perhaps there are 5 bids and 3 are from members of this forum, but there must be 5 bids, he wouldn't be allowed to say anything else.

Broughton (as much as I distrust him too) has been brought in to attempt to make this process professional. You don't have to tell me about those shysters, I know they are cunts, but I fail to see how Huang acting like my 2 year old daughter when things aren't going his way is going to outwit Hicks and Gillet. In faxct I will tell you something for 100% sure, there is nothing more C&A would like than any genuine bidder who has the funds to walk away. However, all indications from our board over the last week has been to indicate they want to follow due process. David Moores and Rick Parry failed to carry out due dilligence on C&A and look where that got us. If Huang is genuine, there is no need for him to walk away. If his bid is the best it will win on it's merits.

You are missing the point, or more likely, I am not illustrating it well enough! We know who the Redknights are, we also know about the anti Glazer movement, and we know because they have been brilliant at tapping into the media, and building exposure, now it might not lead to anything, but it could lead to something!

It might not lead to anything, but it might lead to something. It could be something Huang said to his mate one day when he told him he was going to try and put a consortium together to bid for Liverpool. All of his actions indicate he does not have substance to back his words. I am not willing to be sucked into his PR machine.

See this is the crux, and what I am trying to get at! Who says he is trying to run away! The press, who put the article out there? Genuine question who, RBS, Huang?

How was it worded and interpreted? We know the press will and can, edit specifically to suit, maybe he is simply speaking directly to the Yanks, stop pissing about or I walk and you lose the club to the banks, maybe RBS want the pressure on the yanks. I don't know.

The story came from the Times. The times have clearly got connections to this bid (in fact I know they have connections to this bid). The story has come from Huang - how would RBS know Huang was ready to walk away? Why would they try to undermine Broiughton? Broughton like it or not (and I don't) is the best hope for RBS to get their money back and LFC fans to get their club back. This is a Huang story, it's clear as day.

That is just emotional blackmail! Sorry but it is. The Parasites are two immoral crooks who have been proven time and time again to be liars and theives, and Huang at present has suggested he might be a bit unproffesional and might not have the money!

Whoever takes over will not be judged now, they will be judged in three years time!

So my point is why would I support Huang? He has done nothing but suggest he is any different in anyway to our current owners - in fact everything he has done from day 1 has just illustrated he is not what we need. Personally I would settle for us going into administration rather than end up with more shit owners. It seems to me the only thing Huang has going for him is he is not C&A.

i really don't think any previous situation can be compared accurately to what is going on now.

the fit and proper persons test is now 10x what it was when abramovich bought chelsea. no other club was being bought from the 2 leeches we have as owners, nor were any of those previously playing the stupid kind of games that are being played now.

my guess is kenny has a bid in and feels like he's being played. i think way too many people are reading way too much into the "There or thereabouts" line. wouldn't a better newspaper line have read "they haven't given proof of funds!". so its the papers twisting a quote from a banker. i think that actually means that there is still paperwork to be done.

as for barry's comment about questioning everything, i couldn't agree more, however questioning things, and then assuming doomsday scenarios are completely different things.

unfortunately all we can do is wait to see how it plays out and hope broughton etc do the right thing. i think the fact that they prevented G&H from refinancing already is a positive sign as to their intentions, even if his only intention is getting a commission at least it involves getting rid. and i think those that downplay the significance of him getting the new owners right aren't properly taking into account how important a persons reputation is in the business world for them not to take their legacy seriously.

Well I don't know anything about Huang's bid, because I don't know anybody who is involved in any part of the process!

So, I don't know what the Times involvement in the bid is!

You have looked at what happened with the previous owners and that has determined your interpretation to the current bid, that is the same with me, but I have reached a different conclusion, I look at Mihir Bose's article and the effect that it had, and am reluctant to take anything, negative or positive, at face value!

All PR is, is a method for the hearts and minds! I really don't see what your problem is with it, because, I doubt very much that anyone can discern what is genuine and what is speculation, you refer to the interview last week, he was asked a question, what would your preferred reply have been? No comment?

I can tell you know, no matter what his reply was, someone somewhere would be reading it differently to you and me!

To me, he never said anything that is not already in the public domain, he just confirmed that he is bidding.

And if this sounds like it is support for his bid it isn't. I would like this to be true, because I like the Chinese, and I work with them, but if he can't prove his backing then he will not get the club! As you have pointed out yourself, Broughton is not going to be fussed by bad press. How you view this process, negatively or positively all boils down to interpretation.

No one is "assuming" doomsday scenarios. Some fans, including me, are genuinely worried we might end up with a different twat.

I have nothing against Huang. Equally, I have nothing against Rhone group or Kirdi (even though he is pictured with C&A).

What I do have a problem with however, if Huang is a serious bidder with all funds in place and as rumoured with CIC behind him, why does he need to go and fucking cry about us delaying our acceptance? As Barry pointed out, if his bid is the strongest, it has to come out on top (assuming Broughton has the club's future in his heart of course). If it doesn't, surely he hasn't done his home work correctly and if he hasn't, why the fuck would he expect our chairman to make a decision quickly to favour him?

I would rather miss this transfer window and next if it meant we get a proper owner. Which might be Huang or might not be him. I just want someone fit and proper to run our club as if we get the decision wrong this time, no one in the world will be able to save us from our decline.

All those of you who would be happy for the club to "take the hit" of administration to be rid of the leeches, answer this: what happens if the club enters administration, gets deducted 9 points, ends up in the hands of RBS, who then sell on to someone who turns out to be no better than the leeches? I ask this because nobody who has deemed administration an acceptable penance seems to have considered this possibility. Indeed, the view is that all will be sweetness and light after administration, purely because the leeches will have been removed.

All those of you who would be happy for the club to "take the hit" of administration to be rid of the leeches, answer this: what happens if the club enters administration, gets deducted 9 points, ends up in the hands of RBS, who then sell on to someone who turns out to be no better than the leeches? I ask this because nobody who has deemed administration an acceptable penance seems to have considered this possibility. Indeed, the view is that all will be sweetness and light after administration, purely because the leeches will have been removed.

Aye. That possibility is always there.

If we are put in administration, I think its safe to say RBS will "write off" the penalty charges of £2.5m/week started in July or whenever. Which will mean the club can be sold for around £250m, which represents a very good value for anyone in LBO.

Basically buy the club for £250m (or so), build the new stadium, buy a few snoogy doogies and sell it for £1bn. Now, where have we heard that before?

No one is "assuming" doomsday scenarios. Some fans, including me, are genuinely worried we might end up with a different twat.

I have nothing against Huang. Equally, I have nothing against Rhone group or Kirdi (even though he is pictured with C&A).

What I do have a problem with however, if Huang is a serious bidder with all funds in place and as rumoured with CIC behind him, why does he need to go and fucking cry about us delaying our acceptance? As Barry pointed out, if his bid is the strongest, it has to come out on top (assuming Broughton has the club's future in his heart of course). If it doesn't, surely he hasn't done his home work correctly and if he hasn't, why the fuck would he expect our chairman to make a decision quickly to favour him?

I would rather miss this transfer window and next if it meant we get a proper owner. Which might be Huang or might not be him. I just want someone fit and proper to run our club as if we get the decision wrong this time, no one in the world will be able to save us from our decline.

spot on.

RBS don't want to go down as the bank who destroyed one of the biggest names in world football, it's not good for business. If we go into administration, they will want what is best for LFC, because ultimately it will be best for them. There are no guarantees of course, but it seems to me there'd be more chance of good owners than if C&A are picking.

here is the transcript from the web chat.

Tony Evans:

Alright everyone. Hope you're all good today. I'll get stuck in then.

Mike, good to hear from you. It's a criticism that's been levelled at me all summer. And it's wrong. What I said, was that if the current ownership situation remained, then Torres and Gerrard would consider their future. I also said moves were afoot to 'extricate them with dignity'. Which they were.

I believe the captain mulled over Real - which would have meant him -putting in a transfer request and I don't think he'd do that - and Torres has been persuaded to give it more time. He doesn't want to leave but knows the ownership situation is untenable.

If Martin Broughton does not find a buyer by January, then Torres will leave the club.

Doom and gloom? One way of looking at it. A better way would be a wake-up call.

And you don't trust me. I'm sorry. Then just for you: wow! I love Anfield! Everything's great! Hey, we're gonna win the treble. Love and peace everywhere. Especially to the American owners and their flunkies.

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:06 Tony Evans

13:06

[Comment From DaveDave: ]

Hi Tony there has been so much claim and counter claim regarding the Huany bid. Is he really backed by the chinese sovereign wealth fund? Is he a credible business man? Or is he just using the Times as his PR machine?

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:06 Dave

13:09

Tony Evans:

Dave, CIC are certainly behind Huang. They have not denied it (they are very quick with official denials). The confusion started when the Financial Times quoted an unnamed source at CIC as knocking it down.

As for being used, our contacts are from a variety of sources. You never rely on just one. Anyway, if I thought they were trying to use me I wouldn't write it.

When you write something in The Times of London, you'd better be right. Writs will fly, P45s delivered.

Plus, they people who talk to me know I'd hunt them down and kill them

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:09 Tony Evans

13:10

[Comment From TineTine: ]

Hi Tony, can you shed some light on the situation regarding the new stadium? Are the plans at a stand still/on hold/dead? When would you realistically expect Liverpool to move to a new ground, if ever? Thanks.

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:10 Tine

13:12

Tony Evans:

Only if there are new owners, Tine. The council are growing tired of H&G's antics and will close the whole thing down as early as next year. The owners' budget just about stretches to a Subbuteo stadium

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:12 Tony Evans

13:12

[Comment From AKMAKM: ]

How long till Torres is off? How many years before Liverpool is a threat again? Is money the only way to the top in the Prem these days?

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:12 AKM

13:16

Tony Evans:

If investment arrives, Torres won't leave in the forseeable future. If it doesn't, January.

I don't think it's all about money in the Prem. I think that's a myth that grew in the late 1990s. A good manager with good scouts can win with a reasonable budget.

However, when money is being leeched out of a club left right and centre, it can kill any chance of success. That's what's happening at Liverpool.

Money will not buy the title for City, just like it didn't buy the European Cup for Chelsea. But when the lack of cash threatens stability, a club's in trouble

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:16 Tony Evans

13:16

[Comment From PedPed: ]

Give it to us straight, Tony. What's the latest? Is this thing going to happen or not and if it it doesn't who will be to blame? Broughton? China? Hicks & Gillett?

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:16 Ped

13:22

Tony Evans:

Ped, the thing is so convoluted, I've forgotten what straight is. The Chinese have their budget. All in, they will spend about £800m on the club in the short term - price, players, stadium.

That's their budget. They don't want to go over it. They're not buying for emotion, they're buying for profit.

H&G want more. They don't really want to sell.

So it comes to Broughton.

Now he comes to the table with a big reputation but was recruited by Hicks's mate Michael Klein (after me, "ah, the Wall Street rainmaker ").

Broughton was charged with selling the club in April. He hasn't. You get to the point where you stop believing in people.

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:22 Tony Evans

13:22

[Comment From Bob Bob: ]

Beyond Kenny Huang are there any other viable bidders?

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:22 Bob

13:25

Tony Evans:

Bob, as detailed by our back page today, RBS were saying that Kirdi's backers could be real but have shown no money (you'd never think bankers would take such a McCawberish outlook, would you? No wonder capitalism nearly slid down the pan two years ago).

They also said Rhone are still talking but don't have the money.

A simpler answer would have been 'No'

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:25 Tony Evans

13:25

[Comment From Danny Danny: ]

Was Yaya Khirdi just a big time-waster? And were/are Hicks and Gillett using to derail the genuine bids for the club?

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:25 Danny

13:28

Tony Evans:

Well I think so, Danny. On both counts.

Now here's the thing: I don't think football clubs are just any other business. I think they have cultural and communial significance.

So what I say to Broughton is tell us who the bidders are. What have they to offer? Let us look at them and see that they aren't just carpetbaggers. If they have the best interests of the club at heart, they shouldn't be scared of scrutiny.

Get out from behind closed doors. And that's what this paper has been trying to do. Get the information out there

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:28 Tony Evans

13:28

[Comment From Patrick Patrick: ]

Do you really see this mess being tied up before the end of the transfer window Tony? As I see it, this is seemingly unlikely and could lead to a real delay in a takeover as many bidders, Huang included, will be reluctant to purchase after the closure of the transfer window. This could lea to an RBS takeover in October and the inevitable 9 point deduction... Cue a mass exodus of our players...

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:28 Patrick

13:29

Tony Evans:

No Patrick, not a chance. I think the Chinese misjudged that one. Ah, there's always January

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:29 Tony Evans

[Comment From Jason Jackson Jason Jackson: ]

Hi Tony,

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:29 Jason Jackson

Tony Evans:

Alright Jason. Keeping well?

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:29 Tony Evans

[Comment From Faith Fulcher Faith Fulcher: ]

Hi Tony

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:29 Faith Fulcher

13:30

Tony Evans:

Hi Faith. Friendly place this

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:30 Tony Evans

13:30

[Comment From Pete Pete: ]

Hi Tony, do we know what happened with the 10 day deadline that K.Huang imposed on his bid at the beginning of August to enable him to offer the manager funds to buy players. Cheers

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:30 Pete

13:33

Tony Evans:

Pete, as far as I know there was never a 10-day deadline from the Chinese. The deadlines were Broughton's - last Wednesday for proof of funds, Friday for the deal to be done.

Huang wanted to get in quick to spend but the first time they actually issued what I'd loosely call an untimatum was last night

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:33 Tony Evans

13:33

Hi Tony, reading the article today and Rory Smith's piece as well it seems like there maybe a technicality in terms of whether Huangs has or hasn't proven his financial position to the board. Could something this simple drive him away from the negotiating table or is the board stalling for larger offers?

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:33 Jason Jackson

13:35

Tony Evans:

The key phrase is the Chinese have "supplied the necessarry documentation required by the memorandum of sale". That's proof of funds. RBS said they were "there or thereabouts". Which is bankerspeak for "you've got it bang to rights, Guv," which is corblimey speak for... you get the point

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:35 Tony Evans

13:35

Good afternoon Tony, can you please tell me why Kenneth Huang appears to be in such a panic to get the sale done and dusted. Surely as a businessman he must realise that these things take time if they are to be done properly. Faith

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:35 Faith Fulcher

13:38

Tony Evans:

Because, Faith, they are nervous the team won't make the top four next year. Uefa's new financial regulations mean that the majority of the big spending needs to be done, in theory, by 2012 (they big clubs will drive a truck through the rule but that's for another day).

If, by January, Liverpool are off the pace, players will leave, no one will want to come. No top four means no big names next summer.

They were desperate to use the window of opportunity. It's as simple as that.

Memo to Kenny: earlier start next time

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:38 Tony Evans

13:39

[Comment From Dave O Dave O: ]

Hi Tony, If you could travel to the future, two weeks from now to be precise, would the Huang deal still be on the table?

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:39 Dave O

13:40

Tony Evans:

I fear not. But I would back every winner on the horses for 14 days and I would by the club. I'd make myself No7 and manager.

Seriously, I think H&G will move heaven and earth to keep the Chinese out

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:40 Tony Evans

13:40

Transfers: Who are the current targets if no one is sold? Is Figueroa still considered for the LB slot or is Konchesky a shoe in assuming Insua is sold?

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:40 Jason Jackson

13:42

Tony Evans:

Sorry Dave O, I forgot to address you personally. I'll make up for it by namechecking Jason twice.

Konchesky as about our market these days. I've always liked him when I've seen him. But I wouldn't hope for two-drawer quality

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:42 Tony Evans

13:42

Hi Tony, you have likely seen the Liverpool FC forums with certain posters 'ITK' who appear to have substance behind their claims especially a poster on RAWK. Do you think that they are being fed the same information as yourselves at the Times or from other sources. Thank you.

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:42 Pete

13:45

Tony Evans:

There are loads of people who get snippets of information, Pete. Some of it has been close to what I've heard. Liverpool is the biggest village on the planet. Everyone's heard a whisper. Usually from the Evertonian taxi driver.

However, it's one thing putting it on a forum and another putting it in a newspaper. But year, there are people on the forums who's knowledge I respect. Thommo's Perm on the Rattle, for instance

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:45 Tony Evans

13:45

Tony Evans:

Sound! The fire alarm has just gone off. But as you lot know, I'm fireproof. I'll be like the captain of the Titanic and I'll go down with the ship. Things I do for you lot, ingrates

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:45 Tony Evans

13:46

[Comment From James W James W: ]

Hi Tony, can you see Chelsea making a renewed bid for Torres, was there any other strong interest in him apart chelsea who made a concrete bid?

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:46 James W

13:49

Tony Evans:

Oh they're keeping an eye on things, James, but it will be Janauary now. His options are fairly limited. Real are off limits, Barca not really a factor, he'll be kicked all over Italy and United haven't got the money and he wouldn't go there.

Chelsea are a good option. However, if City are top of the league and cruising, then they'll be in a position to make a bid.

Did I just write that? Hahahahha. City. Top of the table. Sorry, smell of smoke made me dizzy

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:49 Tony Evans

13:49

[Comment From Charlie Charlie: ]

Do you know if there is any truth in the claims that Huang was set to be announced as preferred bidder on Friday? Cheers.

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:49 Charlie

13:51

Tony Evans:

I'd love to know what went on on Friday, Charlie. We were told an announcement was expected within and hour and four hours later we got the blandest of statements.

I wish I knew. But I suspect there was one hell of a row, for whatever reason

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:51 Tony Evans

13:51

Hi Tony, in your own honest opinion, do you think Huang is taking us for a PR ride? Or do you feel there is an honest intention to be owners of Liverpool FC.?

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:51 Pete

13:52

Tony Evans:

No, I think he's for real, Pete. They want Liverpool. It's a goldmine with a little investment. It's the same reason why H&G want to keep it

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:52 Tony Evans

13:52

[Comment From Will Will: ]

Hi Tony - as a reds fan I would be delighted in H&G made no money from any deal that may be struck. But back in the real world don't you think that, for all the harm they have brought onto the Club, that Huang should pay them off. If they make £25m each forthe deal then it is a price worth paying. The alternative for Huang is to stick to his guns and not get the club.

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:52 Will

13:54

Tony Evans:

The thing is Will, the Chinese are businessmen. They've decided what the club us worth and how much money they will invest. H&G's windfall would come out of the player investment pot. They'd rather spend on players and wages.

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:54 Tony Evans

13:54

[Comment From Peter Peter: ]

Hi Tony, How close do you think LFC are from allowing Mr huang to walk away as the echo seems to suggest that the board are denying knowledge of the urgency and do you think we fall into the trap like in 2007 when Sheik Mo walked and we G & H

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:54 Peter

13:56

Tony Evans:

The board might deny, Peter, but Broughton's been told.

The comparison with DIC is interesting. DIC were made preferred bidder, which means all they had to do was keep their promises and the deal would have gone through. They didn't so it all fell apart (the Moores letter explains this).

Yeah, the Chinese may well walk. Who's next up? I can't see anyone

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:56 Tony Evans

13:56

[Comment From Robert Robert: ]

Can H&G bolck the sale, by court action or any other means?

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:56 Robert

13:57

Tony Evans:

They'll try Robert. It depends how well RBS have them locked up. This could rumble on. That's the biggest fear.

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:57 Tony Evans

13:57

[Comment From gugadan gugadan: ]

Tony, are Broughton and the rest of the (Liverpool, not USA) board not just acting in the best interest of the club? We messed up big time when we sold to H & G so why not be 100% this time? or, do you really think they are just delaying everything to up the price?

Thursday August 19, 2010 13:57 gugadan

14:02

Tony Evans:

Answer this question, Gugadan: is there anyone on the board you'd trust to act in the best interet of Liverpool Football Club? Hicks, Gillett, Broughton, Purslow, Ayre?

Just a question.

And another. Is it in the best interests of LFC to be paying £2.5m per week to RBS?

OK, I'll answer both. I don't trust Hicks and Gillett. Broughton has an impeccible reputation. He needs to live up to it. Purslow and Ayre, I think will do the right thing, more or less

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:02 Tony Evans

14:02

Hi Tony, obviously you have to have some degree of belief in the stories you send to print, how much of the China to buy Liverpool report did you believe or still believe for that matter?

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:02 Pete

14:03

Tony Evans:

CIC will have a large proportion of Liverpool if the Huang takeover goes ahead, Pete. That means the Chinese Government. I would not write something I didn't believe. Quickest way to be back at the Leece Street job centre

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:03 Tony Evans

[Comment From Guest Guest: ]

Hi Tony,

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:03 Guest

Tony Evans:

Guest, you da man!

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:03 Tony Evans

Hi Tony, do you admit a little that the Times was wrong with the Huang bid, there are too many holes in his bid to be considered the messiah.

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:03 Pete

14:08

Tony Evans:

What was wrong Pete?

Kenny Huang wanted to buy Liverpool? He's backed by the Chinese Government in the form of CIC?

As for Messiah, for God's sake. You think I want the Chinese owning the club and talking of cold-eyed profit. You think I want a Sheihk?

There are no Messiahs, not even at Eastland, just a game that's drifting away from us by the day.

We have not been wrong in this. It may not happen but we've never said it will. Just that they are trying to buy the club

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:08 Tony Evans

[Comment From Mark Mark: ]

Do we know who the board are favouring to takeover? Is there a split and what likelihood is there of a legal challenge by the owners?

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:08 Mark

Tony Evans:

I sort of answered this one a couple of questions ago, Mark. And the owners will do anything to hold on

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:08 Tony Evans

Also, do you have any specifics included in the 'take-it or leave-it 'offer?

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:08 gugadan

14:10

Tony Evans:

Gugadan, only in the sense they will not be jerked around. If I was them, I'd let the match pass tonight, talk to Broughton tomorrow and depart the scene Friday at 5 if not satisfied.

Then I'd go the pub and start the weekend. Maybe some dancing, maybe a curry.

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:10 Tony Evans

14:10

[Comment From Phil Phil: ]

Hi Tony, the Liverpool Echo are reporting that insiders have denied that Huang has issued an ultimatum. What's your view on this. Thanks.

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:10 Phil

14:12

Tony Evans:

Phil, the worst thing about football is everybody tells half-truths or downright lies. I'll let you decide my view on this.

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:12 Tony Evans

[Comment From tony tony: ]

Does your gut say a takeover will happen soon(before Oct) or will G and H ger re-financing deal and this matter gets dragged out???

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:12 tony

Tony Evans:

My gut, Tony, and what a gut, says this nightmare will linger and linger

[Comment From Jonny Jonny: ]

How much if the Chinese get it do you think will be available for Transfers?..Will we be more financially powerful than Man City???

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:12 Jonny

14:13

Tony Evans:

It'll be different, Jonny. They will compete and will be able to, if necessary, outmuscle City. Got to get into the place first, though

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:13 Tony Evans

14:13

[Comment From David ODowd David ODowd: ]

Can RBS force sale? If Kenny Huang is the only ‘serious’ bidder and has given all required back up to the bid and he has threatened to pull out, can RBS make the decision for the club? If the answer is yes, will it be legally challenged?

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:13 David ODowd

14:14

Tony Evans:

In theory, David. But if they do, the writs will fly. It's a political hot potato for RBS

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:14 Tony Evans

14:15

[Comment From James W James W: ]

dont listen to the unintelligent people on here who dont trust you cuz you are a good journalist

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:15 James W

Tony Evans:

Thanks James. I try.

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:15 Tony Evans

[Comment From Jag Jag: ]

Do you think takeover will happen by the end of the window and when do you think LFC will announce a preferred bidder??

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:15 Jag

14:16

Tony Evans:

Think I've done most of this Jag. No to the first and I reckon there's a long way to go

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:16 Tony Evans

14:16

[Comment From Dve Dve: ]

So Tony, how confident are you that Liverpool will be sold to Hung or any other bidder?

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:16 Dve

14:17

Tony Evans:

I'm not Dve, at least in the short term.

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:17 Tony Evans

Hi Tony,

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:17 Pete

Tony Evans:

Alright Pete

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:17 Tony Evans

Tony, your response to Mike is a tad harsh - I heard you myself when you we're on talksport when you first broke the Huang story (I think you we're on holiday so the Sangria may have been talking) and you definitely said that if the ownership situation didn't get sorted the Torres would DEFINITELY leave! You also said that the Huang bid was the only bid on the table - so who's telling the truth? The usually superb Times or Broughton?

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:17 gugadan

14:20

Tony Evans:

I'll say it again, Gugadan: if the ownership situation is not sorted, Torres will leave. He'll just leave in January because he has been persuaded that there might be movement.

We're telling the truth. Read the story again and you'll see that RBS explain the situation with the other so-called bids.

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:20 Tony Evans

Hi Tony are there actuall

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:20 Faith Fulcher

Tony Evans:

There are Faith. That I believe

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:20 Tony Evans

Hi Tony, Are there any other bids on the table other Mr Huangs, or is this something that is being put about to keep the supporters happy.

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:20 Faith Fulcher

14:21

Tony Evans:

That's better Faith. No bids. And it's not about supporters, it's about driving up price

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:21 Tony Evans

14:21

[Comment From Dave Dave: ]

Hi Tony, what do you know and reckon to G&H try to refinance the loan as recently as June. Surely this is a sign that they dont want to sell and this could end up court, also who would lend them the money.

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:21 Dave

14:23

Tony Evans:

Yes Dave. They have been trying to refinance all the time. If they can make RBS go away, they've got another year. And the next TV deal is ever nearer. Suddenly they'll be rich again

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:23 Tony Evans

14:23

[Comment From Peter Peter: ]

Hi Tony, how close are we to losing Huang and ending up like in 2007 when we lost sheik mo and ended up with the parasites. Do youthin the board will react to this ultimatum as the echo quotes sources who say the club no nothing of the urgency required

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:23 Peter

14:25

Tony Evans:

Peter, last week I thought it was the end game. Now I'm not so sure. The board want to do this behind closed doors. No one in football should let them.

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:25 Tony Evans

14:25

[Comment From Tommy Tommy: ]

Will LFC sign anymore players in window..heard rumours about Crouch..Is insua leaving?..Is poulsen replacement for Maschareno or will Roy sign another midfielder (Defour) if Masch leaves???

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:25 Tommy

14:26

Tony Evans:

I'd be surprised to see Crouch back. Mascherano will leave. Can't see many other arrivals

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:26 Tony Evans

[Comment From Nick Nick: ]

Tony, it seems to me that an empty vessel makes the most noise, so do you have any information about bids from either the Al-Kharafi family or one from the Kraft family?

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:26 Nick

Tony Evans:

Krafts can't afford it, Nick and the Al-Kharafi's are out.

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:26 Tony Evans

[Comment From Shameer Shameer: ]

If the takeover is not concluded before the end of the transfer window will Huang walk away from the deal or is this a move to hurry up the process?

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:26 Shameer

14:28

Tony Evans:

It might be ploy Shameer, you can never be 100% sure. However, the people I've talked to are deadly serious. In their situation, I'd walk, but I'm a right drama queen

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:28 Tony Evans

14:29

Tony Evans:

Loads more but I've got to move on to other things, sadly. Just do a couple more

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:29 Tony Evans

14:29

[Comment From Kamal Kamal: ]

All these foreign owners that have come into the premiership and makes me wonder that at some point they'll want a return on their investment. There was an interesting article by Matt Scott in the Guardian regarding Arsenal broadband and that clubs will provide football coverage through their own media companies. Bascially, if owners hold out their is a big pot of money waiting for them when the collective agreement regarding the EPL rights is broken. Not sure what your thoughts on this are?

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:29 Kamal

14:30

Tony Evans:

I think that's on the nail Kamal. That's why G&H will wriggle so much

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:30 Tony Evans

14:31

[Comment From Oliver Oliver: ]

What evidence to do you have the Huang has the money - apart from being told/assured/"if we give you the inside line please write" this Tony? Serious business men with serious money who were serious about buying the club would have done it by now without all the fanfare.

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:31 Oliver

14:33

Tony Evans:

RBS told us, Oliver. I don't just believe one side.

And the 'serious men' stuff is off beam. They are not buying for emotion. They are buying at what they think it is worth. They believe they have been obstructed and don't think this should be allowed to happen behind closed door.

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:33 Tony Evans

14:33

[Comment From Vj khan Vj khan: ]

Hi Tony. I remember a few weeks ago u nobely admitted that u(the press) should have vetted hicks/gillet better rather then hailing them as saviours. What do u make of haung and his bid? Do u think they'll be right for Liverpool and if so why?

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:33 Vj khan

14:34

Tony Evans:

Too true, Vj. That's why the process should be in the open, so we can have maximum scrutiny.

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:34 Tony Evans

14:34

[Comment From Neel Neel: ]

Thank you Charlie

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:34 Neel

14:35

Tony Evans:

My favourite today. Thanks Neel.

With that, I'll say goodbye. Hope you got something out of this.

One day we'll talk about the football again. I hope I live that long

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:35

i feel rather depressed now...

And you don't trust me. I'm sorry. Then just for you: wow! I love Anfield! Everything's great! Hey, we're gonna win the treble. Love and peace everywhere. Especially to the American owners and their flunkies.

What a fucking child.

You're serously going to give anyone else stick for being a flunkie?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

What a fucking child.

You're serously going to give anyone else stick for being a flunkie?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Obviously Tony Evans was trying to make a point with the stick aimed at him but he could have possibly done it in a better way.

i beg to differ. when i read that huang is a chancer, has no money, and is just doing this to big up himself. that's a doomsday scenario.

as i said before i'm glad people are question everything, that's the way it should be.

but ask yourself one question, why are so many people using PR and going to the press with stuff? because it works. supporter pressure is integral to the goings on now.

i believe than huang is legitimate because of CIC. i believe that he's going to the press because he knows they are trying to play him against fictitious bids and G&H are stalling to drive up the price. i'd cry foul too. you cry foul in private, and nothing happens, you cry foul in public and you at least bring it to light.

many a person sat here and said rafa was a saint for bring the current owners to light. how did he do it? via the press. its the same thing here.

now whether or not huang/CIC etc would be good owners? how do any of us know? but i agree again we should hold them to the fire, question everything, make our voices heard etc

I've been saying it for ages, Tom and George don't want to sell.

This has been my feeling from the beginning - They pissed the sheik off until they walked away and are now pissing Huang off until he walks.

They will not leave until they are dragged away

I dont think RBS will re-finance but my fear is that someone else might

This has been my feeling from the beginning - They pissed the sheik off until they walked away and are now pissing Huang off until he walks.

They will not leave until they are dragged away

I dont think RBS will re-finance but my fear is that someone else might

Doom and Gloom once again.

And Tony Evans is not helping anyone by saying things like this:

[Comment From tony tony: ]

Does your gut say a takeover will happen soon(before Oct) or will G and H ger re-financing deal and this matter gets dragged out???

Thursday August 19, 2010 14:12 tony

Tony Evans:

My gut, Tony, and what a gut, says this nightmare will linger and linger

Express your opinion by all means but comon not like that on matchday....we know how bad it is we dont need to fuel it too, Jesus.