You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool have suggested that Huang has not offered proof of funds but The Times understands that the Chinese bid has supplied all the necessary documentation required by the memorandum of sale, a legal framework for potential buyers

source close to Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) — which is owed £237 million by Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, Liverpool’s owners — said last night that Huang was “there or thereabouts” on providing proof of funding to Barclays Capital, the investment bank

So, have they or haven't they provided proof of funds?

Liverpool have suggested that Huang has not offered proof of funds but The Times understands that the Chinese bid has supplied all the necessary documentation required by the memorandum of sale, a legal framework for potential buyers

source close to Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) — which is owed £237 million by Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, Liverpool’s owners — said last night that Huang was “there or thereabouts” on providing proof of funding to Barclays Capital, the investment bank

So, have they or haven't they provided proof of funds?

Covering both angles there.

I had assumed "there or thereabouts" meant the documentation was complete or near enough complete, not that the money may or may not be there... but i suppose its a more subjective statement than it first appeared.

Chinese lads I know are boss poker players though, and that sounds like calling a bluff to me. Interesting that the Times are still stating as fact that CIC are in on the bid.

Not believing anyone anymore, but I do want this to end, so -- c'mon dickheads, sell up.

The times are talking a crock of shit

Proof of funds is easy, a letter signed by HSBC to verify that x Account holder in X China bank has liquid funds ready to compele the transaction immediately this would be secured by a letter of credit from x bank to HSBC

Frustrated by the slowness! Ok I might want the chinese bid to be successful but blimey they are fed up!!! Try telling that to people who have had over 2 and half years of, the club is in shit street, this is the end of lfc, yanks to destroy liverpool, they want to sack benitez for some german fella, DEBTS....lots of them.

Welcome to our world Huang! Believe us this is just another chapter of many and if your patience are wearing thin, ours have been there, come back, worn the t-shirt and then checked into Ashworth hospital.

Rant over, lets hope the showing of all the board members on sunday meant they had something to discuss. Yanks owners hope they go and take their face for a shit and do go away, soon!!

I had assumed "there or thereabouts" meant the documentation was complete or near enough complete, not that the money may or may not be there... but i suppose its a more subjective statement than it first appeared.

You might have a point actually. There or thereabouts might refer to everything not being rubber stamped yet but its more or less nearly done.

Seemed to me thought it was one of those off the cuff sort of comments where the person saying it isn't 100% sure.

I think we need RBS to be 100% sure.

Exclusive (Times, Tony Evans / Helen Power)

The Liverpool takeover saga was plunged into crisis last night when Kenny Huang delivered a take-it-or-leave it message to Martin Broughton.

Huang, the Hong Kong-based businessman, has grown frustrated by what he perceives as delaying tactics by the Liverpool chairman and will walk away unless the Chinese bid is accepted.

You sell, you sell now!!

Well, that article is certainly one way to attempt to heap pressure on the board for a quick decision. Initial reaction says from Huang, but hasn't Helen Power dined with senior RBS executives before now? I wonder if it's a joint effort from Huang (wanting quick control without thorough vetting) and RBS (who want the their money back).

Well, that article is certainly one way to attempt to heap pressure on the board for a quick decision. Initial reaction says from Huang, but hasn't Helen Power dined with senior RBS executives before now? I wonder if it's a joint effort from Huang (wanting quick control without thorough vetting) and RBS (who want the their money back).

They could do us all the favour and cal Haungs bluff and give hiem 7 days to complete

Or the times are trying to make it look like huang was a viable option that decided to walk away rather than a tit with no money?

Frustrated Kenny Huang ready to walk away from Liverpool takeover

• Chinese investor unhappy with lack of progress regarding bid

• Anfield board still checking proof of funds on several offers

Andy Hunter

guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 18 August 2010 22.38 BST

Article history

Kenny Huang, the Chinese businessman attempting to buy Liverpool, is believed to be growing frustrated at the lack of progress in his attempt to gain control of the club from Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Huang is one of several interested parties who submitted an offer for Liverpool ahead of last Friday's deadline, and the Anfield board is now verifying proof of funding and identifying its preferred bidder. The board will then determine who purchases the club from Hicks and Gillett on a majority vote.

The entrepreneur, however, is anxious to complete a deal in advance of the transfer window closing so he can provide Roy Hodgson, the manager, with significant funds for squad improvement.

Though Hodgson has made it clear he would not rush into any extravagant deals in the wake of a sudden transfer windfall, Huang is said to be frustrated that a decision has not been reached by Liverpool.

With the exception of George Bush, I have to take my actual hat off to Moores and Parry, I dont actually think they could have picked another 2 american bastards if they tried! Its quite a coup I have to say.

But anyway...

Me thinks the article could mean a few things.

1. Cancer and Aids plan to prevent a deal is working.

2. Board are being slow but cautious considering the circumstances which is fair and in which case Huang needs to be patient.

3 (more positive idea) Could be very close to a deal and board are double checking everything. (Gedo said didnt he about end of week takeover)

4. Board arent happy about his offer and it all goes tits up.

I like to think its the 3rd one, but if he pulls, he pulls I know a few guys on here reckon we will get taken over but one that has been discreet about a takeover.