You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bamba.

Just to bring a little sanity to the guessing-games as to who I’m ‘working for’. No-one. I’m certainly not cheerleading one particular bid. I salute the work Jack Slater and others are doing in urging caution and proper detailed scrutiny before we welcome a new bunch of well-heeled saviours through the Shankly Gates. That said, the Huang bid is the one I know a lot about; have done for a while; and am satisfied, via friends, colleagues and contacts inside and outside LFC and the City of London financial community, that his bid and his proposal for the future development of the club stacks up. If there’s another bid of substance that is currently on the table complete with proof of funding, then neither myself or anyone I rely upon for a credible inside track knows about it.

There was definitely a feeling on Friday afternoon that Huang was to be named preferred bidder. It remains a mystery as to why the club advised, around tea-time last Friday, that an official statement was coming within the hour, only for the non-committal statement we all saw to be issued some three or four hours later. It was also odd listening to Christian Purslow state on 5Live that no bid was jumping out as being particularly attractive at the moment, and none had supplied proof of funding. Huang’s bid came complete with the necessary proofs, though a well-placed financial journalist thinks the club has asked for more documentation.

The same journo is convinced that Huang’s proposed takeover has come down to a blinking match. Martin Broughton is looking for a richer valuation than Huang is prepared to pay. Huang is adamant he’ll put as little profit as possible in the current owners’ pockets. Something has to give, and it could be that Huang retires for the time being, if a deal can’t be concluded in time for Roy Hodgson to invest in the current transfer market.

In terms of my gagging, Alan F has it spot on. By a process of elimination, those closest to the sale process will work out who is giving classified information to the likes of myself. For my part, I’ve passed some of that on to the moderators of this site, so they’re satisfied there’s no skulduggery or stealth PR going on. There’s a lot of fascinating detail to reveal, and in time it will all come out. For now, I really am going to shut it. I want Hicks and Gillett gone, and I’m not saying anything more that might in any way stop, or delay that happening.

Keep checking The Times. The two Tonys speak to the same people, and they’re the only journalists who keep calling this takeover accurately.

Andrew_Heaton: For those who have an interest in the #LFC takeover saga, I'd keep a very close eye on The Times website over the coming

Let's see then...

I don't think he was trying to indicate there was any news coming, he was just trying to say that if any news is going to break then this is where you will see it.

Bamba.

Just to bring a little sanity to the guessing-games as to who I’m ‘working for’. No-one. I’m certainly not cheerleading one particular bid. I salute the work Jack Slater and others are doing in urging caution and proper detailed scrutiny before we welcome a new bunch of well-heeled saviours through the Shankly Gates. That said, the Huang bid is the one I know a lot about; have done for a while; and am satisfied, via friends, colleagues and contacts inside and outside LFC and the City of London financial community, that his bid and his proposal for the future development of the club stacks up. If there’s another bid of substance that is currently on the table complete with proof of funding, then neither myself or anyone I rely upon for a credible inside track knows about it.

There was definitely a feeling on Friday afternoon that Huang was to be named preferred bidder. It remains a mystery as to why the club advised, around tea-time last Friday, that an official statement was coming within the hour, only for the non-committal statement we all saw to be issued some three or four hours later. It was also odd listening to Christian Purslow state on 5Live that no bid was jumping out as being particularly attractive at the moment, and none had supplied proof of funding. Huang’s bid came complete with the necessary proofs, though a well-placed financial journalist thinks the club has asked for more documentation.

The same journo is convinced that Huang’s proposed takeover has come down to a blinking match. Martin Broughton is looking for a richer valuation than Huang is prepared to pay. Huang is adamant he’ll put as little profit as possible in the current owners’ pockets. Something has to give, and it could be that Huang retires for the time being, if a deal can’t be concluded in time for Roy Hodgson to invest in the current transfer market.

In terms of my gagging, Alan F has it spot on. By a process of elimination, those closest to the sale process will work out who is giving classified information to the likes of myself. For my part, I’ve passed some of that on to the moderators of this site, so they’re satisfied there’s no skulduggery or stealth PR going on. There’s a lot of fascinating detail to reveal, and in time it will all come out. For now, I really am going to shut it. I want Hicks and Gillett gone, and I’m not saying anything more that might in any way stop, or delay that happening.

Keep checking The Times. The two Tonys speak to the same people, and they’re the only journalists who keep calling this takeover accurately.

2irukv5jpg-1.gif

I don't think he was trying to indicate there was any news coming, he was just trying to say that if any news is going to break then this is where you will see it.

I think he knows something's on it's way actually. It's UEM isn't it? He's not the type to say something like that just for the sake of it.

rumours that Huang is withdrawing his bid

Were from??? If your talking about Bamba's post he didnt say that. All he said was that if a deal can't be completed in time to help roy strengthen the squad in the transfer window, then he might retire his bid for the time being meaning he will just take a step back and not try and force anything and let the hicks and gillet sweat while the refinance date gets closer in october. He dosent want to give them much profit if any.

Twitter. Where else?

Someone posted it on YNWA.

Twitter post :

thorkenneth: Ryktes sterkt at Huang er i ferd med å trekke seg ut av oppkjøp av Liverpool pga priskrav #lfc

translates as ????

Rumored strongly that Huang is in the process of withdrawing from the takeover of Liverpool due to price claims

Bamba.

Course your not. You've got a totally impartial view on things.

Bamba.

Tony Barrett seems to have distanced himself from the takeover story recently and has previously said: "to be fair the line about CIC wasn't mine so I can't be 100% sure of anything. The story was written by Helen Power, our business reporter who has unbelievable contacts in the financial world, and Tony Evans, who broke the original story about the interest from Mr Huang. I wouldn't hesitate in backing their judgement on this because they are about as close to the issue as it is possible to be. But there may be some smoke and mirrors to come simply because this is such a complex situation and maybe we won't have conclusive confirmation about who is and isn't involved in the bid until it is or isn't accepted."

He'll probably see this and if he wants to clarify it with me then he knows how, but I reckon Bamba is Rory Smith.

Interesting. Whoever it is, they are allowing themselves to be used by Huang, Bick etc to spread their propaganda. I fail to see how anyone can definitively say that the Huang takeover attempt is in the best interests of LFC.

Interesting. Whoever it is, they are allowing themselves to be used by Huang, Bick etc to spread their propaganda. I fail to see how anyone can definitively say that the Huang takeover attempt is in the best interests of LFC.

Because it's in their own best interests that the Huang deal goes through. More cling ons with this deal than a Willie MacKay/Gerard Houllier transfer.

Anyone a member so they could post it on here when it happens if indeed it does

Don't they try and fine you or some shit if you haven't had the author's permission?