You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rory Smith of the Telegraph's latest tweet:

#LFC considering five bids, by all accounts. That Kirdi isn't one of them is both remarkable and unsurprising at the same time.

How Journalism works part 92.

We've gone from no bids on Friday to allegedly 5 being reviewed by Tuesday.

How Journalism works part 92.

We've gone from no bids on Friday to allegedly 5 being reviewed by Tuesday.

This is a good example of the 'loose' interpretations of the takeover

Liverpool board damp down hopes of rapid sale - Premier League, Football - The Independent

"The Liverpool board moved to reassure fans last night that a number of bids for the club are being considered, though they also admitted the prospects of a sale remain "uncertain" and the conclusion of a deal which would see Tom Hicks and George Gillett walk away does seem some distance off.

The non-executive chairman, Martin Broughton, brought in by the current owners to conclude a sale, said after a meeting in London to consider the proposals laid before the club that he is unable to guarantee when the sale process will be concluded. "The sales process is continuing. However its timing and outcome remain uncertain," he said.

It seems – though has not been confirmed – that Broughton still awaits proof of funds from the two publicly known bidders, Kenny Huang, who heads a China-based investment group, and Syrian Yahya Kirdi, who is the frontman for a Middle Eastern consortium and Canadian investors. There are certainly unanswered questions relating to both bids and Broughton will not be rushed.

But beyond the issue of funds, he is also still seeking to address the issue of finding a bidder who can take the club forward. Broughton will not accept a bid which will send the club down the debt-laden road it has been on since February 2007 under Hicks and Gillett. The Americans were in the United States yesterday and not at the London meeting. "The club... is doing all that it can to ensure that the club is ultimately sold to a buyer who has the resources and real commitment to give it a long-term, stable and secure funding position for its plans," he added. The focus is increasingly shifting to 6 October, the date by which Hicks and Gillett's loans are up for refinancing and by when its banker Royal Bank of Scotland had hoped a buyer would be found."

In essence, Broughton simply said the timing i.e. whether or not it will be done soon is 'uncertain' but the headline, and the way it was written suggested the actual deal is uncertain!

Considering we are living with the consequences of a BBC reporter, Mihir Bose, and his 'expose' we have every right to be a little worried about the influence of the press.

The Echo do seem quite positive though, which I think is usually a good sign.

5 bids and Kirdi isn't amongst them,we know Huang and possibly the Rhone group are 2,who the fuck are the other 3 bidders.

I still feel that our next owner won't have even been mentioned so far.

Ambani according to a source on YNWA is rumoured to be one as is that Sharajh fellow (who Kurdi was supposed to be fronting but isn't) and didn't Durango suggest a Dubai consortium but not DIC.

David Hodgson is Rob Guttman. You may remember him from bars such as Alma De Cuba, Korova, Zeligs, Raven. He's one of the movers and shakers on the Liverpool social scene.

Was he part of the family that owned the Blue Bar at the Albert Dock and one of its managers? And if so is he the guy who used to feed Kraptalk gossip about Robbie Fowler?

Basically he said his mate is involved in the takeover (not as part of the consortium) and he's being fed bits and pieces, he's aware that the bits he'd fed are part of a big PR push but he's prepared to leak it as he believes his mate and thinks it's for the benefit of the club.
His mate is Andy Heaton. UEM. Yet another Huang PR exercise.

At least we were spared the sight of Pizzaboy juggling the ball in front of the kop - ala Michael Knighton

How come you didn't bold the rest of the article?

"though one bid is thought to emanate from the Emirate of Sharjah. It had been speculated that Kirdi was acting for the gulf state’s ruling family."

"though one bid is thought to emanate from the Emirate of Sharjah. It had been speculated that Kirdi was acting for the gulf state’s ruling family."

Oh look it`s the Arab family court jester.:eek:

How are you Golden Word?

I saw a piece from a UAE journalist that laughed this notion out of the playground.

Kirdi isnt bidding, Sharjah isnt bidding (qassimi...?) mother dies and this forbids business taking place for 7 days. I dont know what your motives are for stirring on here but its not working buddy, no one poster takes much of what you say to be of any real substance.

Kirdi isnt bidding, Sharjah isnt bidding (qassimi...?) mother dies and this forbids business taking place for 7 days. I dont know what your motives are for stirring on here but its not working buddy, no one poster takes much of what you say to be of any real substance.

What am I stirring up exactly?? people talk about other bids and I talk about this one... I dont see what im doing wrong here.