You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

All this bank talk is strange timing, if anything it undermines Broughton more than the yanks as it makes potential bidders aware of the fact the noose is getting tighter. Maybe Broughton really does give a shit at the quality of a potential buyer and the bank doesn't, so is trying to force his hand.

i actually do think he gives a shit. It's why he worked at the BHRB and I think it's why he came to us. Some call it self serving, some call it altruism I hope to god he is good because he is our best hope.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some beaut on YNWA is currently claiming that that his bezzie mate is part of the Chinese consortium and that he is working as some kinda PR stooge for Huang and co. Its funny as fuk.

He hasn't posted anything of the sort. You've twisted the fuck out of that and misunderstood the rest.

FWIW I'm pretty sure the guy he's getting his info off is the same lad Barrett, Evans and a couple of others I'd believe are getting theirs off.

can someone post what dave hodgson said?

David Hodgson, on 16 August 2010 - 05:34 PM, said:

You really have a hard on for me don't you BG ?

I make no bones about this, everything I posted was in the name of 'propaganda' for the Chinese consortium, because friends of mine are involved with the bid. Because I know and trust these people I'm also going to, therefore, give the Chinese bid the benefit of any doubts I may have and actively support it. FWIW from what I've been told, their bid still has a strong chance of prevailing, and will be worth waiting for. We'll see eh.

There's a general sport round here for scoffing at anyone purporting to know anything special that's not in the public realm, which is getting a bit predictable. People need to ask themselves more intricate questions than 'how the f*ck would some lad on the internet know what's going on with such a big deal thing ?' and ask themselves, over this Huang affair just why there are more 'itk's around then ever. It's simply because there are PR firms in action here who have deliberately decided to use our forums to get their 'message' across. Thus far, I've been happy to be one of several 'pawns' in a PR game.

can someone post what dave hodgson said?

Basically he said his mate is involved in the takeover (not as part of the consortium) and he's being fed bits and pieces, he's aware that the bits he'd fed are part of a big PR push but he's prepared to leak it as he believes his mate and thinks it's for the benefit of the club.

This is Actually what Gedo said on Rawk :

Quote from: Gedo on Yesterday at 10:34:37 PM

I don't get as much info as I once did from the Club,

so this is the info I know,although there as been interest from other parties,the Huang bid remains the front runner/pole position,it seems to have strengthened and Huang is confident he can seal a deal,promising Hodgson money to invest in team if the deal goes ahead before the transfer window closes,whether he can seal a deal that quickly is borderline

The board are understandably cautious to rush into any quick decision.

This is Actually what Gedo said on Rawk :

Quote from: Gedo on Yesterday at 10:34:37 PM

I don't get as much info as I once did from the Club,

so this is the info I know,although there as been interest from other parties,the Huang bid remains the front runner/pole position,it seems to have strengthened and Huang is confident he can seal a deal,promising Hodgson money to invest in team if the deal goes ahead before the transfer window closes,whether he can seal a deal that quickly is borderline

The board are understandably cautious to rush into any quick decision.

Deffo Durango.

Five buyers in the hunt

Liverpool are assessing as many as five formal offers to buy the club from owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, sources close to the deal claim. Martin Broughton, the chairman, and Barclays Capital, the bank conducting the sale, hope to conclude a deal within a month.

Of those five bidders, Kenny Huang, the Chinese entrepreneur, is the only candidate to have gone public. He is regarded as a serious contender.

Yahya Kirdi, the Syrian businessman who suggested last week he would have a deal to buy Liverpool in place within seven days, has not lodged a formal offer, though one bid is thought to emanate from the Emirate of Sharjah. It had been speculated that Kirdi was acting for the gulf state’s ruling family.

Jamie Carragher: Joe Cole is like 'a god' in Liverpool despite red card against Arsenal - Telegraph

Five buyers in the hunt

Liverpool are assessing as many as five formal offers to buy the club from owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, sources close to the deal claim. Martin Broughton, the chairman, and Barclays Capital, the bank conducting the sale, hope to conclude a deal within a month.

Of those five bidders, Kenny Huang, the Chinese entrepreneur, is the only candidate to have gone public. He is regarded as a serious contender.

Yahya Kirdi, the Syrian businessman who suggested last week he would have a deal to buy Liverpool in place within seven days, has not lodged a formal offer, though one bid is thought to emanate from the Emirate of Sharjah. It had been speculated that Kirdi was acting for the gulf state’s ruling family.

Jamie Carragher: Joe Cole is like 'a god' in Liverpool despite red card against Arsenal - Telegraph

At least we were spared the sight of Pizzaboy juggling the ball in front of the kop - ala Michael Knighton