You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

Perhaps but you can only get away with it for so long; people will start catching on to you.

There is still a financial chaos going on the US, you really thing that a bank will lend him any more money knowing that they might not paid back ??

Its like me lending money to my best friend, pays back half of that, asks for more money, pays half of that again etc etc. It comes to a point where you say: "Enough is enough...".

Like I said DB and Citigroup have already decided to invest other people's money in his new company. Banks invest for a return and the identity of the chairman is a very small part of the equation.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really is incredible that rich guys buying mancity, chelski, qpr and no one is in for liverpool

Maybe it's because they know the fans of LFC won't accept the club being a toy for the rich, that we won't drop our trousers bend over and have them stick a plastic checkered flag in deep and that we won't accept the owners deciding who to buy...just a thought like

Like I said DB and Citigroup have already decided to invest other people's money in his new company. Banks invest for a return and the identity of the chairman is a very small part of the equation.

But it does play a part....knowing that the chairman is debt ridden addict then it does play a part.

But it does play a part....knowing that the chairman is debt ridden addict then it does play a part.

Sure but not enough of a part to stop RBS re-lending him the money every 12 months though. Same as the Corinthians situation didn't stop them in the first place. Just as another couple of examples.

People need to stop seeing banks and these "investors" like Hicks as in opposition. They are partners in crime. See RFs post, RBS have done very nicely out of all this.

Whilst I am, no fan of UK banks I have to applaud the way RBS have reacted. No doubt they are led to a significant degree by money but they do seem to have taken all the protests to heart and done everything they can to screw the owners to sell the club.

They could have levied this money on the club but they did not. They hit the owners directly.

They have done as much as they can in my opinion. Had they not levied these charges where is the incentive for H&G to sell? At least by doing this they push the owners into a corner that they can’t wriggle out of.

For me the thing about their tenure and the pleasure I will take from this sale is not so much the lack of profit they will make on the immediate sale itself.

The thing that I will take greatest pleasure in, is in 3 or 4 years’ time when (hopefully) the new stadium is built and selling out, and with development of broadcasting rights on the internet and with a well-funded and PL challenging squad, that they can see the chance they had to make some serious money slip through their fingers. Let them see that they spectacularly fucked up with their incompetence, arrogance, greed and lack of cash which ultimately cost them both the deal of their lives.

Then we will be worth the £1billiion that Hicks has tried to brag about, and these fuckers won’t see a penny of it.

That’s the only language these fuckers speak, forget hunting them down or name calling, hit them in the pocket, let them see what could have been had they not been such humongous thunder cunts.

Whilst I am, no fan of UK banks I have to applaud the way RBS have reacted. No doubt they are led to a significant degree by money but they do seem to have taken all the protests to heart and done everything they can to screw the owners to sell the club.

They could have levied this money on the club but they did not. They hit the owners directly.

They have done as much as they can in my opinion. Had they not levied these charges where is the incentive for H&G to sell? At least by doing this they push the owners into a corner that they can’t wriggle out of.

For me the thing about their tenure and the pleasure I will take from this sale is not so much the lack of profit they will make on the immediate sale itself.

The thing that I will take greatest pleasure in, is in 3 or 4 years’ time when (hopefully) the new stadium is built and selling out, and with development of broadcasting rights on the internet and with a well-funded and PL challenging squad, that they can see the chance they had to make some serious money slip through their fingers. Let them see that they spectacularly fucked up with their incompetence, arrogance, greed and lack of cash which ultimately cost them both the deal of their lives.

Then we will be worth the £1billiion that Hicks has tried to brag about, and these fuckers won’t see a penny of it.

That’s the only language these fuckers speak, forget hunting them down or name calling, hit them in the pocket, let them see what could have been had they not been such humongous thunder cunts.

Word.

Guest davelfc
Bambas latest post on RAWK,

Quote from: Bamba on Today at 02:31:32 PM

See, told you it won't be over till the Fat Scouser sings :) There's a board meeting this afternoon. Let's just hope that this is it...

light-at-end-of-tunnel_512.jpg

and I don't think it's a train.

If RBS have mounted up £200M charges on a £185M loan in three years as reported, they are nowhere near the saviours you paint them to be; they are every bit as responsible as Hicks and Gillett for the mess we are in. Their chief exec has openly admitted they lent the yanks too much money, but they've made up for their mistake by screwing all of us as well.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
A meeting to confirm there are no bids, perhaps?!

Ever the optimist, Prov. It seems like nobody in the media seem to know a damn thing at the moment, do they. There is a meeting, there isn't a meeting; there are not bids, he is going to bid, will there be any bids... etc.

I've entered a zen-like calm where I'm just waiting for news - good or bad - to filter through to unimportant little urchins like us.

Hodgson is also hopeful of completing the signing of Middlesbrough goalkeeper Brad Jones before the end of the transfer window.

The former Fulham boss had a £2million bid turned down last week, but Hodgson is still optimistic of signing Jones when board members return to Anfield next week.

"I haven't spoken to (managing director) Christian Purslow because he is

in London with the rest of the board but I'm hoping that transfer will take

place and the sooner the better," said the 62-year-old.

From Fat Scouser on Rawk at 12:50 :

'Okie Dokie. I just had some words, here's what I can say...

I was informed last night that a meeting had took place earlier in the evening, between the head honchos from the banks involved... the main people being a fella called Ian Abraham from BarCap and Stephen Hester himself....

Abraham is MD of "Risk, Liquidity, Private Equity" at BarCap.

Of course, I have no idea what actually went on behind closed doors. But our friend at RBS told me and I qoute.... "The owners are getting shafted in the morning".

I was also told all sorts of banking business that quite honestly goes above my head. But that should be public knowledge soon anyway, involving Santander and RBS's future relations with LFC. I'll find out more about that as and when I can and post what I'm told. But for now, I'm just happy to report that. But I have to make one thing clear... it was our friend that called the meeting "Pest Control," not Hester or Abraham. But, that was the nature of the discussion, and I'm not quite sure exactly what "Shafted in the morning," will turn out to mean. But let's face it, it doesn't sound to good for H&G.

And don't start dementing me with PM's. That's the little I've been told by a very reliable source and if I'm told anything more, I'll put it up immeadiately.'

And it's going fever pitch over there now, even more than usual.

Now this has been posted :

pkelso

#LFC #Huang spokesman: "At this moment in time, a formal proposal has not been submitted."

For fucks sake, I knew today would be bad. edit : they're saying kelso has been wrong on a load of stuff though, I don't even know who it is.

Rotation at Rawk sums things up : All of you are fucking nutters. Calm down and wait.