You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but do you know if Bamba has said anything on RAWK?

Fairly certain i'm bang up to date here.

Very briefly - who I am and how I know is next to irrelevant here. I'm certainly not any ego trip. In my several years as a member of the revered community that is RAWK, I've very rarely posted. My first efforts where to try and persuade you lot that Michael Shields was innocent. Another was to let you know that SOS were due to meet with George Gillet the following day...my how you pelted me with rotten vegetables for that one! Bottom line is I'm trying trying to pass on what I know and what I'm given to believe by more than one person who has a unique insight into what is currently go on. Believe if you will, but make full use of your right to swerve, too.

What I said before about the board meeting is kosher. The likes of ourselves can never really KNOW who voted yay or nay, but from reliable briefings from genuinely clued-up people - people who would know - I think the majority on here would be surprised at the level of support the Huang bid is getting, and the lack of self-interest from board members who routinely get hammered on the forums. This is why it can't be understated how important Broughton's role is in the process, and how he critical it is that he is scrutinised over the coming days. We all have to hope he'll prize his reputation and oversee this bid with dignity and fairness.

Where we're at right now is Huang's group is doing everything above board. If I had to guess how it'll play, I'd say they'll come to an agreement with G&H - much as it'd gall us all to see either of them walk away with a profit -simply to get this done, draw a line and move on. That's just an educated guess though. What I do know is that if it has to get dirty, the Huang side has a rocket up their sleeve that will jettison George for good. If he knows good for him, he'll face the music, get this done and do one. Amen.

In the meantime, and on the assumption that everything I'm saying to you lovely people is read more widely than we'd prefer, myself and DVC truly are limited with what we can reveal. Just...be patient. We're all on the same side - hoping and praying that this is the begininning of the end for the cowboys.

As you've realised none of them have concrete backing and are fecked when Barcap say show me the money?

Surely the Bid would include all the information required for them to make a yes or no decision, i cant see them turning up and saying we bid £400 million and then waiting to be questioned on the details of the offer. I or anyone (or in fact Kirdi) could do that if thats all they want but i would expect a Bid to include everything, perhaps an informal offer would be a sounding out on price but if Bamba is correct an actual Bid is in place and for something of this stature i would think MB would want everything on paper so he can go over it.

Also note none of the ITKs (not including the golden word) are saying anything about a Kirdi bid and no press announcement to say that he has bidded which judging on tis week he would have on the phone the second the meeting finished

Guest davelfc

Would be nice to have some kind of announcement on Saturday, even Sunday. Lift the fans and the players.

We have to remember that we haven't got the imbeciles in charge that we did the last time, this one is under the microscope. While that doesn't mean the 'new owners' will be perfect I think it could mean they at least have the means to take us further without unsustainable debt.

I've never been more confident of this turning out well since all this began, I've not really a lot to base it on but I'd rather be this positive than sulk for no real reason. If it all goes tits up then I'll have plenty of time to feel like shit.

How great will it be to not have to hear about finances, debt, leverage, boycotts, demonstrations and the like. We can get back to bullshitting about football instead, which may I remind everyone we're all pretty damned good at.

If we're really lucky we might just see most of the stories about us on the back pages of the papers and not the front, except of course those glorious cup wins.

Would be nice to have some kind of announcement on Saturday, even Sunday. Lift the fans and the players.

We have to remember that we haven't got the imbeciles in charge that we did the last time, this one is under the microscope. While that doesn't mean the 'new owners' will be perfect I think it could mean they at least have the means to take us further without unsustainable debt.

I've never been more confident of this turning out well since all this began, I've not really a lot to base it on but I'd rather be this positive than sulk for no real reason. If it all goes tits up then I'll have plenty of time to feel like shit.

How great will it be to not have to hear about finances, debt, leverage, boycotts, demonstrations and the like. We can get back to bullshitting about football instead, which may I remind everyone we're all pretty damned good at. If we're really lucky we might just see most of the stories about us on the back pages of the papers and not the front, except of course those gloriouscup wins.

That is spot on.

Surely the Bid would include all the information required for them to make a yes or no decision, i cant see them turning up and saying we bid £400 million and then waiting to be questioned on the details of the offer.

I'm sure Gillett's bid was merely a DIC delaying tactic whilst he looked for backing to support him... sadly he found it.

I'm not convinced Huang has the backing and is maybe hoping all the media coverage will hook him a similar backer. Maybe his consortium (feck, this sounds like Del Boy buying gold chains) has some of the money - but not all.

How come Tony Barratt and Tony Evans, who seemed to know so much last week have been silent for days. Come on lads what about an update? last week you said stand by the phone. WHATS HAPPENING?

Barrett wrote a little bit on it yesterday/today. But to be fair theres not going to be news every day, if theres nothing new theres nothing to say now.

How great will it be to not have to hear about finances, debt, leverage, boycotts, demonstrations and the like. We can get back to bullshitting about football instead, which may I remind everyone we're all pretty damned good at.

If we're really lucky we might just see most of the stories about us on the back pages of the papers and not the front, except of course those glorious cup wins.

This.