You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

I've had an email from the daughter of a Nigerian General who's offering me easily enough to make a bid. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I'm one of the mystery backers.

I had one of those a few weeks ago claiming i had £18mill owing to me from a dead (rich) long lost uncle in Nigeria,i played the fuckers along for about 3 weeks replying to the e-mails with song lyrics ect the silly fookers kept asking me for £2000 so they could release my funds (come to think about it they were named Tom & George)

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get how he can say we have signed a confidentiality clause and will not be giving interviews, whilst giving an interview. All very strange.

I suppose it must depend on the wording of the clause - it might only refer to the content of the bids themselves. I think it was meant to be silent auction so it could just be that. Only guessing, mind.

What source do you have Silly?

Im friends With one if the team who keep the minutes for lots of the meetings!

As I said the other day they are pretty quiet on what they know, mostly coz they know that I will come on here and tell people.

I know very little but as I said when

/ if I do ever hear anything I will post it on here.

:)

Presumably there was a basketball clause in the confidentiality agreement. Dont say shit about the deal to buy one of the most famous institutions in world sport, unless you're chatting to a minor Chinese basketball magazine. Then its okay.

So, this bird who does the minutes for the board meetings. What are her tits like? Inquiring minds want to know.

From YNWA.

新浪体育讯 (《爱篮球》杂志供稿)北京时间8月12日下午,因为参与收购英超豪门球队利物浦而广受关注的黄健华,接受了由他担任总顾问的专业篮球杂志《爱篮球》的独家专访,谈到了目前利物浦收购的情况,这也是黄健华就竞购利物浦队,首次接受媒体采访。黄健华表示,由于签署了保密协议,他目前仍然不接受媒体有关利物浦的采访,只是希望通过自己与湖北日报传媒集团合作的《爱篮球》杂志,澄清视听。

Aug 12, Beijing: This is an exclusive and first interview of Huang by “Love Basketball” (ANQ), a basketball magazine which he is the Advisor , on his effort to buy Liverpool FC. Huang (KH) explained that because of the confidential agreement he would not speak on the present process but would clarify some of the rumours etc.

爱篮球:对于收购利物浦一事,您在前一段时间为什么一直保持沉默?

ANQ: Why have you keep silent on LFC?

黄健华:收购利物浦一事,一直有保密协议。对此不能发表任何的评论和自己 的意见,所有的消息只能通过发言人和公关公司。

KH: There has always been a confidential agreement. Hence I cannot make any comment on the current process and have to go through spokesman and PR company.

爱篮球:那为什么现在你可以接受外界媒体的采访了呢?

ABQ: So why can you accept the interview now?

黄健华:这个不能透露具体细节,因为要求采访的媒体太多了,所以我觉得还是通过自己的媒体《爱篮球》说几句话吧。不过并不是能够透露太多的信息。

KH: The details cannot be divulged now. As there are too many interview requests, I feel I should say a few things through my own magazine but I can’t say a lot.

爱篮球:现在有关利物浦的收购进展到了什么程度呢?

ANQ: At what stage is the bidding going now?

黄健华:我们已经跟利物浦的董事会确认,有兴趣竞购球队。同时,我们也在做各方面的调查和评估工作,总的进展还是非常顺利的。不过竞争对手也比较多,也比较强大,所以对目前来说有很多未知数。

KH: Our interest in buying LFC has been recognised by the Board. At the same time, we have continued our work - researching and evaluating, the overall progress is good. However, there are quite a number of strong competitors. So there are still a lot of unknowns.

爱篮球:对于竞购的对手,根据你的了解都有哪些?

ANQ: Who are your competitors?

黄健华:有中东的,北美的。其中的印度的财团已经退出了竞购。

KH: From Middle East and from North America. The Indians have withdrawn.

爱篮球:在这所有的竞购者之中,你觉得你们处于一个什么样的地位?是处于领先的优势,还是大家机会均等?

ANQ: At what position do you feel you are amongst the bidders? In the lead or what?

黄健华:我觉得大家都有希望,每一个竞购者都觉得自己占据优势,很难说我们处于遥遥领先的地位。不过我们会不断加强与利物浦董事会和银行等各方面的沟通。

KH: I feel everyone has a chance. Every bidder would feel they have an advantage so it is hard to say we are in the lead. We shall strengthen our communication with the Board and the Bank.

爱篮球:你觉得你们的优势在哪里?

ANQ: What are your advantages, you feel?

黄健华:首先,我们有着很强大的亚洲市场、中国市场。对利物浦这支球队进入亚洲市场非常有帮助。不过对于英超球队的了解,竞争对手很多,起步的也早,了解的比我们深。

KH: First we have a very strong Asian market and Chinese market which will be very helpful to Liverpool to get into these markets. However, our competitors have more preparation and more understanding of the EPL.

爱篮球:根据英国媒体的报道,希望利物浦董事会10天之内给你答复?你预计会在什么时候完成收购?

ANQ: According to the UK media, (you want) the Board to reply you within 10 days? When would you expect the deal be done?

黄健华:我们提供的大量方案,现在答案我们已经得到了,(利物浦)董事会已经认可了我们的方案,希望我们继续往前走。在不到10天的时间内,我们已经拿到答复了。

KH: We have put forward many proposals and we have the answer: the Board has accepted our proposal (translator's note: proposal, not bid) and wish us to continue the process. We have a reply in less than 10 days.

爱篮球:意思是(利物浦)董事会已经给了你们一个正面的答复?

ANQ: You mean the Board has given you a positive reply?

黄健华:是的!但是里面还是充满很多未知数,所谓英国媒体所报道的我们已经赢了,还是遥遥领先的,这些都是不正确的。其实我们的竞争对手都很强大,我们要认清自己的位置,并不是遥遥领先,也不是说(利物浦)董事会已经确认要接受我们。我们还有一段距离要走,只是当时我们告知董事会,希望他们对于我们提出的方案在宏观方面是否可以接受,最后董事会接受了我们的方案。

KH: Yes but there are still a lot of unknowns. The reports in UK media saying that we have won or ahead in the lead are incorrect. In fact, all our competitors are very strong. We have to recognize our position: not far ahead, nor the Board has confirmed accepting us. There is still some way to go. It was that we asked the Board to let us know whether our proposal would be overall acceptable and the Board has said yes.

爱篮球:据说你们希望在月底的转会市场关闭时候,完成收购是吗?

ANQ: There are sayings that you hope to complete the deal by the end of the month before the transfer window closes - is it true?

黄健华:这是一个不正确的说法,当然大家都希望能够这样最好。但是还是有一定的未知数。

KH: No. Of course everyone feel it would be best but there are certain unknowns.

爱篮球:而对于外界传言的十月底完成收购呢?

ANQ: How about the other rumoured completion date - October?

黄健华:如果到了十月底,已经是一个公开的秘密了,因为那时候球队的债务到期,银行要对球队的债务进行清算。

KH: By October, it will be an open secret because by then the loans is due and the Bank has to call back the debt.

爱篮球:你们现在与利物浦谈判的主体是谁?是银行,还是董事会?还是美国的老板?

ANQ: In the main who are you negotiating with at LFC? The Bank? Board? The American owners?

黄健华:主要是董事会。

KH: Mainly the Board.

爱篮球:现在有些国内媒体怀疑你们竞标利物浦的经济实力??

ANQ: There are Mainland media doubting your ability to buy LFC?

黄健华:肯定不会是我个人的钱,而是一个投资银团的钱。这个投资银团的组成目前还需要保密,还不能对外公开。

KH: It is definitely not with my own money - but that of a consortium. Membership of the consortium still has to be keep confidential.

爱篮球:有人说,富兰克林基金的杨光参与了这次投资,是吗?

ANQ: Someone has said Yang Guang of Franklin Templeton has joined the investment - is it true?

黄健华:杨光是管理基金的,在华人里面做得最好的一个。不过,也不是杨光的钱,是银团的钱。他只是负责管理。

KH: Yang Guang is a fund manager, the best amongst Chinese. However, it is also not Yang’s money but the consortium’s money. He’s only responsible for management.

爱篮球:所以,杨光和你是合作伙伴和发起人的角色?

ANQ: So Yang and you are partners and co-intiators?

黄健华:对,杨光是和我一起的,保障各个投资方的利益和权利。

KH: Yes, Yang is with me to protect the interests and rights of various investors.

爱篮球:这个银团收购利物浦的目的是什么?有媒体说你在这件事情上故意炒作?

ANQ: What is the purpose of this consortium buying Liverpool? Some media said you have been deliberately pumping up publicity?

黄健华:要确认的是,我们不是要炒作,如果要炒作,早就开始炒作了。在利物浦出面表示我们正在投标后我们才承认的。如果翻开新闻看,你就会知道,我们一直都很低调,直到他们的董事会主席接受采访时,我们才承认正在竞标。我们定的目标是:第一,不炒作;第二,不接受任何媒体的采访。很多人觉得我们这样做是为了炒作,这是一个错误的说法。至于是不是黄健华自己拿钱出来做,我要声明的是,不是我个人拿钱出来做的,而是一个投资银团。

KH: We must state that we have not been pumping publicity, if we were it should have started a lot earlier. We only admit our involvement after LFC said we are bidding. If you look at the reports, we have kept a low profile until the Chairman of the Board’s interview and then we admitted we are bidding. Our aims: (1) no firing up publicity (2) no interview. Many people said we seek publicity - this is wrong. On whether Huang Jian Hua is dealing with his own money: I clarify, it is not my money. It is a consortium.

爱篮球:你是如何说服这个投资银团去收购利物浦的?

ANQ: How did you convince the consortium to bid for LFC?

黄健华:这个品牌很好,价格也比两年前低了很多。所以,我觉得是一个很值得投资的项目。

KH: This is a very good brand and the price is a lot lower than two years ago. Therefore, I feel it is a good investment project.

爱篮球:目前,在投资方面有什么大的困难和障碍吗?

ANQ: Any difficulties / obstacles so far?

黄健华:对英国媒体了解不够,这是最大一个误区。这些事情都是保密的,但是英国媒体发掘信息的能力,是我们远远想不到的。这是我们的一大困惑,就是我们做的每一件事情,媒体都会知道。我们的竞争对手利用英国媒体的能力,远远超过了我们自己。让我想不到的是,英国媒体和体育的结合,已经超过了美国,这让我大开眼界,也吃了不少亏。所以,我们聘请了全球最大的公关公司,这个公关公司在英国的能力很强。

KH: Not enough understanding of the UK media. This is our biggest oversight. Everything should be confidential but the digging ability of the UK media is just out of our imagination. Our biggest puzzle is that they have known our every move. The ability of our competitors to make use of the media also out-strip us. What I do not expect is the integration of sports and media in UK is even higher than that in the US. This open my eyes but also already given me some disadvantages. Therefore we have engaged the largest PR company in the world which has a high capability in the UK.

爱篮球:在整个竞购中,当地政府和球迷的态度如何?你们又是如何去做的?

ANQ: What have been the fans’ view on the bidding so far? How do you deal with it?

黄健华:当地的银行和董事会都受到了来自媒体的压力。他们对媒体的关注,远远超过了我当初的预期。这可能是我目前为止做得最失败的一点。

KH: The Bank and Board have had pressure from the media. Their attention to the media far exceed my expectation. This may be my biggest failure thus far.

爱篮球:球迷方面呢?在各方面的消息回馈中,利物浦当地的球迷反应如何?

ANQ: The fans? What have the fans’ responses to all the news?

黄健华:公关公司告诉我,大多数球迷都很支持,但是也有一些噪音——怀疑我们有没有实力,是否能够运作好。当然,我们需要一步步地解决问题。

KH: The PR company told us most of the fans are supportive although there are some noises too - that there are doubts on the

depth of our pocket, and on our ability to manage (the Club). Of course we have to deal with these issues step by step.

爱篮球:有些中国球迷也有不同的态度?您希望能让球迷了解什么?

ANQ: Some Mainland fans have some doubts too? What do you hope them to understand?

黄健华:我觉得,英超有很多值得学习的地方,这是全世界最成功的联赛,有很多值得我们学习的地方。如果能够学习到好的东西,并让国内避免一些不好的方面,那就是不错的事情。而英超的训练方式,值得国内借鉴。他们的先进经验,还有对运动员的提高,也值得学习。

KH: I feel, there are many things of the EPL to learn from. This is the most successful league in the world. If we can learn of the good and not the bad, that will be good for Mainland. Their training method, advance experience and also raising the ability of players are things we can learn from.

爱篮球:在收购上,从自信方面来说,你的信心度如何?50%?60%?或是80%?

ANQ: How confident are you in a successful bid? 50%? 60%? 80%?

黄健华:差不多50%吧。对手很强大,我们的经验也不足,尤其是英国豪门和媒体之间千丝万缕的联系,我们需要做更进一步的研究。还有股东、债主、董事会之间的三角关系,我们也准备不足。我们还有很多方面需要确定,也不像是外界说的占据很大优势,我们还有很多学习和检讨的地方。

KH: About 50%, I think. Our competitors are strong, and we do not have enough experience, especially we need to understand more on the big teams’ relationship with teh media in the UK. Also we are not well prepared enough on the triangular relationship between the shareholders, debtors and the Board. We still have a lot to do, and we do not have a great advantage as it was reported. We still have a lot to learn and review

From YNWA.

新浪体育讯 (《爱篮球》杂志供稿)北京时间8月12日下午,因为参与收购英超豪门球队利物浦而广受关注的黄健华,接受了由他担任总顾问的专业篮球杂志《爱篮球》的独家专访,谈到了目前利物浦收购的情况,这也是黄健华就竞购利物浦队,首次接受媒体采访。黄健华表示,由于签署了保密协议,他目前仍然不接受媒体有关利物浦的采访,只是希望通过自己与湖北日报传媒集团合作的《爱篮球》杂志,澄清视听。

Aug 12, Beijing: This is an exclusive and first interview of Huang by “Love Basketball” (ANQ), a basketball magazine which he is the Advisor , on his effort to buy Liverpool FC. Huang (KH) explained that because of the confidential agreement he would not speak on the present process but would clarify some of the rumours etc.

爱篮球:对于收购利物浦一事,您在前一段时间为什么一直保持沉默?

黄健华:收购利物浦一事,一直有保密协议。对此不能发表任何的评论和自己 的意见,所有的消息只能通过发言人和公关公司。

KH: There has always been a confidential agreement. Hence I cannot make any comment on the current process and have to go through spokesman and PR company.

爱篮球:那为什么现在你可以接受外界媒体的采访了呢?

黄健华:这个不能透露具体细节,因为要求采访的媒体太多了,所以我觉得还是通过自己的媒体《爱篮球》说几句话吧。不过并不是能够透露太多的信息。

KH: The details cannot be divulged now. As there are too many interview requests, I feel I should say a few things through my own magazine but I can’t say a lot.

爱篮球:现在有关利物浦的收购进展到了什么程度呢?

黄健华:我们已经跟利物浦的董事会确认,有兴趣竞购球队。同时,我们也在做各方面的调查和评估工作,总的进展还是非常顺利的。不过竞争对手也比较多,也比较强大,所以对目前来说有很多未知数。

KH: Our interest in buying LFC has been recognised by the Board. At the same time, we have continued our work - researching and evaluating, the overall progress is good. However, there are quite a number of strong competitors. So there are still a lot of unknowns.

爱篮球:对于竞购的对手,根据你的了解都有哪些?

黄健华:有中东的,北美的。其中的印度的财团已经退出了竞购。

爱篮球:在这所有的竞购者之中,你觉得你们处于一个什么样的地位?是处于领先的优势,还是大家机会均等?

ANQ: At what position do you feel you are amongst the bidders? In the lead or what?

黄健华:我觉得大家都有希望,每一个竞购者都觉得自己占据优势,很难说我们处于遥遥领先的地位。不过我们会不断加强与利物浦董事会和银行等各方面的沟通。

KH: I feel everyone has a chance. Every bidder would feel they have an advantage so it is hard to say we are in the lead. We shall strengthen our communication with the Board and the Bank.

爱篮球:你觉得你们的优势在哪里?

黄健华:首先,我们有着很强大的亚洲市场、中国市场。对利物浦这支球队进入亚洲市场非常有帮助。不过对于英超球队的了解,竞争对手很多,起步的也早,了解的比我们深。

KH: First we have a very strong Asian market and Chinese market which will be very helpful to Liverpool to get into these markets. However, our competitors have more preparation and more understanding of the EPL.

爱篮球:根据英国媒体的报道,希望利物浦董事会10天之内给你答复?你预计会在什么时候完成收购?

ANQ: According to the UK media, (you want) the Board to reply you within 10 days? When would you expect the deal be done?

黄健华:我们提供的大量方案,现在答案我们已经得到了,(利物浦)董事会已经认可了我们的方案,希望我们继续往前走。在不到10天的时间内,我们已经拿到答复了。

KH: We have put forward many proposals and we have the answer: the Board has accepted our proposal (translator's note: proposal, not bid) and wish us to continue the process. We have a reply in less than 10 days.

爱篮球:意思是(利物浦)董事会已经给了你们一个正面的答复?

黄健华:是的!但是里面还是充满很多未知数,所谓英国媒体所报道的我们已经赢了,还是遥遥领先的,这些都是不正确的。其实我们的竞争对手都很强大,我们要认清自己的位置,并不是遥遥领先,也不是说(利物浦)董事会已经确认要接受我们。我们还有一段距离要走,只是当时我们告知董事会,希望他们对于我们提出的方案在宏观方面是否可以接受,最后董事会接受了我们的方案。

KH: Yes but there are still a lot of unknowns. The reports in UK media saying that we have won or ahead in the lead are incorrect. In fact, all our competitors are very strong. We have to recognize our position: not far ahead, nor the Board has confirmed accepting us. There is still some way to go. It was that we asked the Board to let us know whether our proposal would be overall acceptable and the Board has said yes.

爱篮球:据说你们希望在月底的转会市场关闭时候,完成收购是吗?

ANQ: There are sayings that you hope to complete the deal by the end of the month before the transfer window closes - is it true?

黄健华:这是一个不正确的说法,当然大家都希望能够这样最好。但是还是有一定的未知数。

KH: No. Of course everyone feel it would be best but there are certain unknowns.

爱篮球:而对于外界传言的十月底完成收购呢?

黄健华:如果到了十月底,已经是一个公开的秘密了,因为那时候球队的债务到期,银行要对球队的债务进行清算。

KH: By October, it will be an open secret because by then the loans is due and the Bank has to call back the debt.

爱篮球:你们现在与利物浦谈判的主体是谁?是银行,还是董事会?还是美国的老板?

ANQ: In the main who are you negotiating with at LFC? The Bank? Board? The American owners?

黄健华:主要是董事会。

爱篮球:现在有些国内媒体怀疑你们竞标利物浦的经济实力??

黄健华:肯定不会是我个人的钱,而是一个投资银团的钱。这个投资银团的组成目前还需要保密,还不能对外公开。

KH: It is definitely not with my own money - but that of a consortium. Membership of the consortium still has to be keep confidential.

爱篮球:有人说,富兰克林基金的杨光参与了这次投资,是吗?

ANQ: Someone has said Yang Guang of Franklin Templeton has joined the investment - is it true?

黄健华:杨光是管理基金的,在华人里面做得最好的一个。不过,也不是杨光的钱,是银团的钱。他只是负责管理。

KH: Yang Guang is a fund manager, the best amongst Chinese. However, it is also not Yang’s money but the consortium’s money. He’s only responsible for management.

爱篮球:所以,杨光和你是合作伙伴和发起人的角色?

黄健华:对,杨光是和我一起的,保障各个投资方的利益和权利。

KH: Yes, Yang is with me to protect the interests and rights of various investors.

爱篮球:这个银团收购利物浦的目的是什么?有媒体说你在这件事情上故意炒作?

ANQ: What is the purpose of this consortium buying Liverpool? Some media said you have been deliberately pumping up publicity?

黄健华:要确认的是,我们不是要炒作,如果要炒作,早就开始炒作了。在利物浦出面表示我们正在投标后我们才承认的。如果翻开新闻看,你就会知道,我们一直都很低调,直到他们的董事会主席接受采访时,我们才承认正在竞标。我们定的目标是:第一,不炒作;第二,不接受任何媒体的采访。很多人觉得我们这样做是为了炒作,这是一个错误的说法。至于是不是黄健华自己拿钱出来做,我要声明的是,不是我个人拿钱出来做的,而是一个投资银团。

KH: We must state that we have not been pumping publicity, if we were it should have started a lot earlier. We only admit our involvement after LFC said we are bidding. If you look at the reports, we have kept a low profile until the Chairman of the Board’s interview and then we admitted we are bidding. Our aims: (1) no firing up publicity (2) no interview. Many people said we seek publicity - this is wrong. On whether Huang Jian Hua is dealing with his own money: I clarify, it is not my money. It is a consortium.

爱篮球:你是如何说服这个投资银团去收购利物浦的?

黄健华:这个品牌很好,价格也比两年前低了很多。所以,我觉得是一个很值得投资的项目。

KH: This is a very good brand and the price is a lot lower than two years ago. Therefore, I feel it is a good investment project.

爱篮球:目前,在投资方面有什么大的困难和障碍吗?

黄健华:对英国媒体了解不够,这是最大一个误区。这些事情都是保密的,但是英国媒体发掘信息的能力,是我们远远想不到的。这是我们的一大困惑,就是我们做的每一件事情,媒体都会知道。我们的竞争对手利用英国媒体的能力,远远超过了我们自己。让我想不到的是,英国媒体和体育的结合,已经超过了美国,这让我大开眼界,也吃了不少亏。所以,我们聘请了全球最大的公关公司,这个公关公司在英国的能力很强。

KH: Not enough understanding of the UK media. This is our biggest oversight. Everything should be confidential but the digging ability of the UK media is just out of our imagination. Our biggest puzzle is that they have known our every move. The ability of our competitors to make use of the media also out-strip us. What I do not expect is the integration of sports and media in UK is even higher than that in the US. This open my eyes but also already given me some disadvantages. Therefore we have engaged the largest PR company in the world which has a high capability in the UK.

爱篮球:在整个竞购中,当地政府和球迷的态度如何?你们又是如何去做的?

ANQ: What have been the fans’ view on the bidding so far? How do you deal with it?

黄健华:当地的银行和董事会都受到了来自媒体的压力。他们对媒体的关注,远远超过了我当初的预期。这可能是我目前为止做得最失败的一点。

KH: The Bank and Board have had pressure from the media. Their attention to the media far exceed my expectation. This may be my biggest failure thus far.

爱篮球:球迷方面呢?在各方面的消息回馈中,利物浦当地的球迷反应如何?

黄健华:公关公司告诉我,大多数球迷都很支持,但是也有一些噪音——怀疑我们有没有实力,是否能够运作好。当然,我们需要一步步地解决问题。

KH: The PR company told us most of the fans are supportive although there are some noises too - that there are doubts on the

depth of our pocket, and on our ability to manage (the Club). Of course we have to deal with these issues step by step.

爱篮球:有些中国球迷也有不同的态度?您希望能让球迷了解什么?

ANQ: Some Mainland fans have some doubts too? What do you hope them to understand?

黄健华:我觉得,英超有很多值得学习的地方,这是全世界最成功的联赛,有很多值得我们学习的地方。如果能够学习到好的东西,并让国内避免一些不好的方面,那就是不错的事情。而英超的训练方式,值得国内借鉴。他们的先进经验,还有对运动员的提高,也值得学习。

KH: I feel, there are many things of the EPL to learn from. This is the most successful league in the world. If we can learn of the good and not the bad, that will be good for Mainland. Their training method, advance experience and also raising the ability of players are things we can learn from.

爱篮球:在收购上,从自信方面来说,你的信心度如何?50%?60%?或是80%?

黄健华:差不多50%吧。对手很强大,我们的经验也不足,尤其是英国豪门和媒体之间千丝万缕的联系,我们需要做更进一步的研究。还有股东、债主、董事会之间的三角关系,我们也准备不足。我们还有很多方面需要确定,也不像是外界说的占据很大优势,我们还有很多学习和检讨的地方。

KH: About 50%, I think. Our competitors are strong, and we do not have enough experience, especially we need to understand more on the big teams’ relationship with teh media in the UK. Also we are not well prepared enough on the triangular relationship between the shareholders, debtors and the Board. We still have a lot to do, and we do not have a great advantage as it was reported. We still have a lot to learn and review

Presumably there was a basketball clause in the confidentiality agreement. Dont say shit about the deal to buy one of the most famous institutions in world sport, unless you're chatting to a minor Chinese basketball magazine. Then its okay.

So, this bird who does the minutes for the board meetings. What are her tits like? Inquiring minds want to know.

I never said it was a bird. I'd rather not say because the team has both male and females.

They would tell me even less if they thought they could get in shit because of me

I don't get how he can say we have signed a confidentiality clause and will not be giving interviews, whilst giving an interview. All very strange.

He means there is a consortium of investors managed by his partner. The investors in that consortium required a confidentiality agreement from him and his partner. They do not want their names released. I think this is perfectly normal and especially so if his investors are governmental and otherwise important.

It is not clear if this confidentiality agreement applies (a) only to public disclosure or also (b) disclosure to the board of LFC.

If the latter, then he will have to find a way of providing LFC with proof of funds for the removal of debt, the stadium and future operations. There are ways he could do this without disclosing the individual investors - but it would be difficult. So it may be that investors will be disclosed to Barcap and LFC protected by another confidentiality agreement.

His statement may also mean he has recently signed a confidentiality agreement with LFC about the bidding process. If it does, he has not breached it in this article. All the facts and events he referred to are already well-known to the interested public.

I thought his noteworthy comments were (1) that he underestimated how intrusive and troublesome the media would be, and this is why he felt the need to hire "the largest PR firm" in the UK and (2) that the competitors in the bid were very strong and were using the media very effectively.

Overall. he sounded very analytic and workmanlike. His vision or business plan was impressive.

silly--was there a meeting today ? sorry if its already been asked

It's ok mate, I spoke to them last night after reading it had been cancelled and I was told that;

The meeting was happening away from Melwood and was starting 11-11.30! They said and I quote "it's all paper talk, Huangs reps are also presenting some form of Infomation to the board and they will be attending the second part of the meeting which will be in the afternoon"

I haven't spoken to them yet but as far as I know it all went as planned

Guest davelfc
rorysmith_tel: Huang interview in China seems to be legit: #LFC progress smooth, broad outline proposal accepted but no confirmation on formal offer.

Beat me to it.

I'm still confident we will get bought by decent owners.

Latest from Bamba on Rawk

Possibly my last bulletin on this ‘ere takeover - I certainly hope so. The Huang bid has been presented to Barcap. There’ll be a little to-ing and fro-ing as Barcap inevitably try to persuade them to increase their offer. Over the next 24 hours Huang & co will get to a point where they say “this is it - this is as high as we’re prepared to go”. Offer will go to LFC board - possibly even tomorrow. Therefore, logically, there’s not much more your Uncle Bamba can tell you. The next we’ll hear from now on in will come when an Official source announces that the bid has been accepted - or not. Here’s hoping.

Bamba's latest post on RAWK:

Possibly my last bulletin on this ‘ere takeover - I certainly hope so. The Huang bid has been presented to Barcap. There’ll be a little to-ing and fro-ing as Barcap inevitably try to persuade them to increase their offer. Over the next 24 hours Huang & co will get to a point where they say “this is it - this is as high as we’re prepared to go”. Offer will go to LFC board - possibly even tomorrow. Therefore, logically, there’s not much more your Uncle Bamba can tell you. The next we’ll hear from now on in will come when an Official source announces that the bid has been accepted - or not. Here’s hoping.

bamba on rawk has spoken:

Just in case you missed it the three times:

Interview of Kenny Huang in China's "Love Basketball" magazine. He is the Advisor of (or at least help found or partly own) the magazine. The piece is carried by a number of news portal - mine is found at Sina net.

It is seriously long - a quick translation below.

Huang Jian-Hua: 50% confidence in buying LFC; UK Media’s ability shock me

KH: About 50%, I think. Our competitors are strong, and we do not have enough experience, especially we need to understand more on the big teams’ relationship with teh media in the UK. Also we are not well prepared enough on the triangular relationship between the shareholders, debtors and the Board. We still have a lot to do, and we do not have a great advantage as it was reported. We still have a lot to learn and review.

ANQ: You have a lot of investments - how do you balance them? baseball, ANQ, Jilin Northwest Tigers (professional basketball team), NBL?

KH: Everyone can see that the sport industry in China is tremendous. I want to get a hand in the biggest three sports in the world: baseball, football and basketball. There is a lot of “relationship” between the big three and these will help raise Chinese’ own industry to a very high level. On NBL, I was told the recent show was done well. Still there were hiccups (). ticket sale far exceeded expectation and ad boards were sold out. Still there are a lot of issues. This is our first year - we also have to improve sponsors’ rights and package, as well as tv broadcasting.