You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
The meeting went ahead 100%

I told you all this last night.

I heard it was delayed by 15 minutes while someone went out and bought Jaffa Cakes, there was a Tesco Metro nearby and they had them. Good luck really because nobody wanted custard creams and that's what they originally tried to serve.

Then they had this long discussion about if a Jaffa Cake was a biscuit or a cake, well in the end nobody could decide so they're meeting again next week.

Well after all that trouble Broughton is bringing a load of Jaffa Cakes that they found at Melwood along next time.

I heard it was delayed by 15 minutes while someone went out and bought Jaffa Cakes, there was a Tesco Metro nearby and they had them. Good luck really because nobody wanted custard creams and that's what they originally tried to serve.

Then they had this long discussion about if a Jaffa Cake was a biscuit or a cake, well in the end nobody could decide so they're meeting again next week.

Well after all that trouble Broughton is bringing a load of Jaffa Cakes that they found at Melwood along next time.

Don't know about anyone else but I really want a Jaffa-cake now.

Pretty simple. A cake goes hard when it's stale, and a biscuit goes soft. I'm being drafted in at future meetings in case a patisserie-based question arises again.

Guest davelfc
Pretty simple. A cake goes hard when it's stale, and a biscuit goes soft. I'm being drafted in at future meetings in case a patisserie-based question arises again.

Jaffa Cakes go hard when stale, but according to a recent court case have now been classified as a cake. It's all over VAT and I'm more disappointed that Broughton didn't know this.

Guest TK-421

Eeeep - bi-bo-bi-bo-bip. "Hello, police? I wanna report a theft. Yeah, it was little Johnny Cartwright from the flats. Nail the sucker, bust his ass! Yeah, I want him doing twenty to ten in the pen! What d'you mean, no evidence? What about the goddam Jaffa Cakes, asswipe! Yeah, bullshit, bull-shit..."

Main points from that interview are(nicked elsewhere)Just to sum it up a bit, he said he has "50% confidence" in winning the bid.

more notable quotes:

- "The board is positive to our bid"

- "To say we will withdraw our offer if it isn't done before the end of transfer window is incorrect, of course we want it to be done by the end of this month, but there are still plenty of unknowns."

- "UK media seem to know everything we have underestimated their links, our rivals use the media far better than us"

- "We have signed confidential agreement with our backers as they want to stay anonymous"

Huang also said Yang Guang isn't a backer, he's in to manage the fund. RBS/ the board gave him a lot of pressure cos they think he deliberately leaked the details to the media and he insists he didn't.

By the looks of it, I'd say he is rather confident.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What a load of shit. I wish I could say I was disappointed but that would imply I had my hopes up to begin with.

Perplexed by that, RK. What are you referring to?

I suppose it wouldn't hurt looking at a. facts, and b. attributable quotes and then start from there.

Too much of the press over this has been of the 'we understand' variety, which quite frankly is there to serve one purpose, and not inform.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt looking at a. facts, and b. attributable quotes and then start from there.

Too much of the press over this has been of the 'we understand' variety, which quite frankly is there to serve one purpose, and not inform.

Facts?!

Fuck that, let's just spout shit instead