You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

That rule wont last though because clubs will merely find other ways of getting round it

I'm sure they will, but my point is that I think this thinking is central to Huang's bid.

All those press briefings (presumably from Huang's camp) re the Huang bid seem to be in line with this and I'm sure that's part of their thinking.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His involvement alone is fucking scandalous.

He's an absolute cunt who should be despised and railed against for the absolute fucking piece of vermin he is.

If you're comfortable with him having any sort of involvement with any aspect of our club - be it through this sale or in the fucking club store - (not to mention probably making a mint out of us) then it's up to you.

I'm fucking sickened by it.

Its just because he's fat. We know you don't like fat men. Are you fat?

Or is it because he's bald? Are you?

If Huang has the money to keep the club afloat, Indon't care who is involved in the negotiations. Rather someone I don't much like helps to broker it than the inevitable alternative of being snapped up by a Simon Jordan or Ken Bates when the Americans take the club under and it ends up in the nPower league.

It would be petty and foolhardy to be up in arms about this given the state we're in. Money is needed and it's needed badly. David Moores and Rick Parry plunged the sword and the best that cab now be hoped for is that the bleeding can be stopped, because as it stands, the club is on its last legs as a high level entity.

The truth is that if a deal is done which enables Liverpool to become financially solvent, those involved in the deal - Broughton, Purslow, Ayres, Huang, Kenyon, whoever - are worth more to the club than 'true reds' like Moores and Parry, accessories to our attempted murder, have ever been.

Surely it can't go through quickly as if Broughton is going to do what he said and sell it to the best bidder for the club, he has to be damn sure that the one he sells to is solid and that any other bids are properly considered, or the yanks will cry foul and the whole debacle will roll on and on, through the courts and god knows what else.

This has to be done properly.

It's VITAL we get the club sold, and the sooner the better. But only as long as any brokers involved are nice and cuddly and didn't work for a nasty rival.

Some right fucking wank been talked here.

We need the Yanks out and new owners in who can get the stadium built so we start becoming self sufficient. Throwing the toys out of the pram because people involved used to work for a footballing rival is childish and just fucking stupid. Wake the fuck up. Our club is on a knifes edge. Whether we "like" someone involved as a broker to a possible new owner should be the last fucking thing on our minds.

If the owners are fit and proper then Broughton will sell the club to them. If they are not, then he won't. Whether Kenyon or Tim fucking Cahill is a broker in the deal it doesn't fucking matter.

It's VITAL we get the club sold, and the sooner the better. But only as long as any brokers involved are nice and cuddly and didn't work for a nasty rival.

Some right fucking wank been talked here.

We need the Yanks out and new owners in who can get the stadium built so we start becoming self sufficient. Throwing the toys out of the pram because people involved used to work for a footballing rival is childish and just fucking stupid. Wake the fuck up. Our club is on a knifes edge. Whether we "like" someone involved as a broker to a possible new owner should be the last fucking thing on our minds.

If the owners are fit and proper then Broughton will sell the club to them. If they are not, then he won't. Whether Kenyon or Tim fucking Cahill is a broker in the deal it doesn't fucking matter.

So why would they need Kenyon then?

So why would they need Kenyon then?

They need someone, so they picked Kenyon.

What I am saying is who fucking cares? People ruling out a bid because they don't like a broker involved as a result of his former employers is just bloody stupid when we are is such dire need of proper owners.

It just fucks me off at some of the nonsense been spoken and blind bullshit high and mighty stances been taken for all the wrong reasons (I'm not accusing you of this by the way Barry, I'm referring to general comments I've been seeing since day one). We need fit and proper owners, and I think Broughton is the right man to get us that. What ever cunt is helping broker a deal doesn't matter. If Lional Messi declared he wanted to come on a bosman to Liverpool, would we reject the deal if kenyon was his advisor? No we fucking wouldn't.

so it is kenyon. that's how these things work .. have you got someone to help us. yes, that fella who was sacked at chelsea. deal.

Sorry didn't realise you were there! My bad. I'll shut up now, and hope to god Saint Jimmy Scouse comes ridiing to our rescue with his Billions raised through his Sock Empire!

We have two choices at the moment, as I see it.

We continue with the Yanks and either cease to be, or they get the stadium built and (guess what) sell us onto the first person who offers them 800 million.

Or we take a chance on a new owner! Not necessarily Huang, Kiddi, Al Shaffi, whoever it is and just hope that Broughton has done his job. This will be the exact same situation we will be in, if we go with option A. Either way we are going to be at the mercy of New Owners.

I dont think that we have a third choice.

And I am getting fed up, being made to feel like a fuckwit because I want new owners, and want to believe it will work out, rather than believe it will be shite. I have spent the past three years thinking the worse and I have had enough of it.

And I cannot help but feel that if Tony Evans hadn't been behind the Chinese headlines, then Huang's bid wouldn't be getting as much shit as it is here.

Edited by Whelan

so it is kenyon. that's how these things work .. have you got someone to help us. yes, that fella who was sacked at chelsea. deal.

Being sacked by Chelsea and being a bit of a shithead doesn't mean a guy can't do a job. Mourinho for example.

They need someone, so they picked Kenyon.

What I am saying is who fucking cares? People ruling out a bid because they don't like a broker involved as a result of his former employers is just bloody stupid when we are is such dire need of proper owners.

It just fucks me off at some of the nonsense been spoken and blind bullshit high and mighty stances been taken for all the wrong reasons (I'm not accusing you of this by the way Barry, I'm referring to general comments I've been seeing since day one). We need fit and proper owners, and I think Broughton is the right man to get us that. What ever cunt is helping broker a deal doesn't matter. If Lional Messi declared he wanted to come on a bosman to Liverpool, would we reject the deal if kenyon was his advisor? No we fucking wouldn't.

Does it not worry you though Kenyon wasn't very good at what he did and hence why chelsea sacked him? If Huang is going to end up running our club it would worry greatly if he thinks hiring someone like Kenyon is a good thing.

Sorry didn't realise you were there! My bad. I'll shut up now, and hope to god Saint Jimmy Scouse comes ridiing to our rescue with his Billions raised through his Sock Empire!

We have two choices at the moment, as I see it.

We continue with the Yanks and either cease to be, or they get the stadium built and (guess what) sell us onto the first person who offers them 800 million.

Or we take a chance on a new owner! Not necessarily Huang, Kiddi, Al Shaffi, whoever it is and just hope that Broughton has done his job. This will be the exact same situation we will be in, if we go with option A. Either way we are going to be at the mercy of New Owners.

I dont think that we have a third choice.

And I am getting fed up, being made to feel like a fuckwit because I want new owners, and want to believe it will work out, rather than believe it will be shite. I have spent the past three years thinking the worse and I have had enough of it.

And I cannot help but feel that if Tony Evans hadn't been behind the Chinese headlines, then Huang's bid wouldn't be getting as much shit as it is here.

I want new owners. I don't want just any owners. It's like there are lots of people who thought Hodgson is the right manager for us, not because of what he is as a manager, but because he is not Benitez. Huang appears to have one thing going for him right now, he's not C&A. There have been plenty of other people interested, but it seems from where I am sitting they don't feel the need to commit right now. There is a deadline about 6 weeks away which will help them, so why would they jump now?

I've believed for a very long time, our way out of this mess is RBS. If RBS pull the plug (or at least make G&H believe they will pull the plug) in October, there will be more than just Kenny Huang at the table. I want the best owners for Liverpool, not just any owners. That's how we ended up in this position in the 1st place. Moores and Parry felt they were over a barrel as the club had to move on the new stadium there and then, so when DIC walked away, instead of being considered and performing genuine due diligence on C&A, they shit one and jumped at the perceived only option available - it didn't matter if they were wrong, they were there. We can't afford to repeat that mistake. To me every move Kenny Huang has made in the last 3 weeks or whatever it is makes me believe we will be doing no more than repeating that mistake.

Does it not worry though Kenyon wasn't very good at what he did and hence why chelsea sacked him? If Huang is going to end up running our club it would worry greatly if he thinks hiring someone like Kenyon is a good thing.

He was very good at what he did. He is seen as the main business reason for Man Utds huge commercial push that made then so self sufficient. He commercially exploited every little thing possible and brought in huge revenue. To say he wasn't good at his job is nonsense. It was this very good job that got him the CEO's position at Chelsea.

I heard he was sacked by Chelsea for constant arguments with Abramovitch with how the club should move forward (same reasons as Mourinho basically and would you say Mourinho was bad at his job?) Certainly it's not as if Chelsea have taken off as some commercial force since he left.

But again, my point is that it's daft to not want the bid because Kenyon is a cunt. The only reason a bid should be ruled out is if it is shown that the bidders do not have the financial muscle to follow through with Broughtons demands.