You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

Broughton was really clear at the start of this process. He said credible bids will not be done through the press. Therefore I will judge Huang by the values the Chairman has told me he will be judging them and it would appear Huang has acted in an unprofessional matter. C&A.

You say elswhere that you have learned to question everything and everybody. But you trust the Chairman.

A lot of paid and unpaid PR has gone into convincing people that the Chairman is wise and just and truly independent working in the best interest of LFC. We are also told he is an astute business man. But we know he is not a business owner. None of his own money is at risk He is an employee at BA and at LFC. He manages other peoples business.

My understanding is that Huang has complied with the rules of the sales including the provision of the proof of funds that the Chairman required in the Memorandum of Sale provide to all interested bidders.

But on Sunday Purslow broadcast that the bidders had not yet provided proof of funds and that no bidder out of five was stronger than any other.

At this stage Huang has every right to make a judgment about the integrity of the process, and whether it would be better for his backers if he were to walk way or to retire for a time to allow the Chairman and Purslow to fail thereby leaving an opening for Huang to come back from another direction and succeed in his ultimate objective of acquiring LFC. There is no reason why a genuine businessman representing genuine entrepreneurs should play by the rules of a couple of salaried part time club employees, in the shape of Brougton and Purlsow, neither of whom have proven themselves to be working for the good of the club, despite all their PR efforts to convince us otherwise.

The risk for Huang is that if he walks away he emboldens GH and potential competitive bidders. It would be better for him to hold Broughton and the club to the terms of the Memorandum of Sale, and get the club now.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope it is all speculation. Both Huang and Broughton are said to have wanted to do this quietly and if there has been an issue, its an issue that can be sorted out for themselves.

The only thing I cling onto is that if Huang is the only viable offer and proof of funds is all sorted, i cant see Broughton letting him walk. The last thing he will want is to be back to square one and also means he is at the club longer.

I suspect the scenario is that if three board directors decide that Huang's bid is the one to run with at the current level offered, which sees either no premium or only a modest premium being paid to the owners, then there is going to be a legal challenge that we all know could take ages in this Country. The only scenario that is going to remove this uncertainty is getting the Huang offer to a level where the cunts feel they have maxed what they can hope to get in view of the impending loan call in date of 6th October. But one would think the nearer we get to that date the more they are exposed to offers that will net them even less with debts increasing and penalties pending. At the moment their is a mexican stand-off with the ball in Broughton's court following Hunag seeming ultimatum.

in my opinion broughton is stalling this in order to get the cunts a profit. there is an extra 20-40 million to be wrought out of this deal and its now a game of brinkmanship.

i think he knows that if the price is just the debt, the lawyers will come in, but if they each get to walk away with 20 million a piece then they'll walk and call it a day.

eventually i think CIC caves to this and we've got a deal, but huang played his card by saying before this transfer window so G&H are calling his bluff on it. we'll see who moves first

If they could have refinanced they would have!

If the interest payments are crippling now, they would be doubled with a new deal, and nobody is going to lend them 300 million pounds for a business that is not worth that, nobody.

On a side note, anyone think the Times is pushing the chinese bid hard because their owner Murdoch can see the pound signs having a team in the Prem that is chinese owned?

I don't understand the line of thought here. Why would it make any difference to Sky on who owns LFC?

I don't understand the line of thought here. Why would it make any difference to Sky on who owns LFC?

I know the Premier League control the sale of rights to the game but could Sky get involved in the transmission of those games via satellite to the emerging Chinese Market, where the chinese interest is heightened by owning its most successful and one of the most lucrative clubs?

I'm sure Evans is reporting whatever information he's hearing, and I'm guessing that there is very little information coming out of the board-room at the moment.

Do you have a better understanding of the situation than he does?

I'm not a journalist for a national newspaper.

in my fairytale mind ive come up with a solution that "insert bidder here" has already bought the club an that they want to keep it stum and increase the hatred on the previous owners / board then come along on the 23/24 and announce that they are the saviours of LFC and have bought the club and can hand Roy a war chest (love that term) for the final week of the window

I'm not a journalist for a national newspaper.

You don't have to give reason to a pointless question mate.

To go from "China buys Liverpool" to "Huang's proof is there or thereabouts" to "my gut says this nightmare will linger and linger".

If I'm a journalist and if I write a headline saying something HAS HAPPENED and if it doesn't happen weeks later, I would expect to be called having "no clue". And quite rightly so.

I know the Premier League control the sale of rights to the game but could Sky get involved in the transmission of those games via satellite to the emerging Chinese Market, where the chinese interest is heightened by owning its most successful and one of the most lucrative clubs?

OK fair enough. I personally don't think Sky/The Times think this strategically about our ownership situation though. I guess its more a case of journos trying to get the exclusives, following through on leads or reporting them. Certainly the Murdoch empire could "theoretically" benefit from an ownership of LFC by CIC but as I said I don't personally think there's any kind of conspiracy going on.