You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea on amount offered, from what I have been told Huang's bid is certainly not the highest on the table but it is the most concrete.

Where G&H come into it is through 'non verified' bids being higher so they are claiming the board have a legal obligation to accept the highest offer.

Apparently Broughton is can see right through this ploy but has to cover all eventualities and ultimately stick to his word of doing the best deal for LFC not G&H.

How can they accept supposed higher bids if they have not been verified?

If what you're saying is true, I hope Broughton sticks to his guns.

The fact that RBS seem to be favouring Huang could be the key to this.

The Telegraph have got a whiff now and have spun their "own" story.

Kenny Huang shows impatience as his Liverpool offer stutters along

Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton was on Wednesday night on the cusp of seeing Kenny Huang, the only candidate who has made plain his intention to buy the Premier League club, walk away from negotiations.

By Rory Smith

Sources at Anfield have suggested as many as five bids were submitted in time to meet Broughton’s deadline for offers last Friday, but of those only Huang has thus far confirmed he is in talks with the club over a potential takeover.

But the Chinese entrepreneur is believed to be unimpressed by the slow progress of negotiations over his proposed £400 million bid to buy out current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett despite offering Broughton and Barclays Capital, the bank appointed in April to oversee the sale process, all the documentation required to complete a Memorandum of Sale.

Checks carried out by the club on the provenance of Huang’s funding have returned positive results and sources have confirmed that his offer is being taken seriously by Liverpool, Barcap and the Royal Bank of Scotland, who hold the £237 million of bank debt placed on the Anfield side by the current regime.

Huang had initially hoped to conclude a deal in time to offer manager Roy Hodgson substantial funds in the summer transfer window, though that now appears a remote possibility.

Huang admitted last week he was only “50 per cent” confident of succeeding with his bid.

Though Hicks and Gillett agreed to a full sale under pressure from RBS and advised by Michael Klein, the former Citigroup executive, after rejecting an investment offer from the Rhone Group six months ago, it has since emerged an attempt to refinance their debt with other lenders was blocked only by a legal challenge from their own board.

Wondered the same thing, will be glad when it's over. Think I've reached that zen calm state that someone else talked about though with all this, am just not getting wound up any more. It's all got too ridiculous and too much of an energy drain to be following constantly every day. It has to be over soon anyway.

When you think about it from Huang's perspective, if they do have money, then it makes perfect sense for them to try and push through a sale before the transfer window closes because of the UEFA financial fair play system on the horizon. I started a topic about this a while back but it got buried under others. Anyway, here's some interesting stuff from Tony Barrett, which would basically mean that if Huang is a serious bidder with money to back him up, then we would only have the winter transfer window to rush through any significant buys:

What does this all mean for Liverpool?

Short-Term Significance

Before the impending ownership changes were mooted, this piece was very much a ‘missed opportunity’ article. This was because I thought it highly unlikely that the current owners would either authorise a spending spree or sell before the transfer deadline with enough time for someone else to invest heavily. I presume that this will unfortunately still be the case.

As already mentioned, transfer spending completed before the 2011-12 season (as the first accounting period UEFA uses to measure the break-even test) would not be included in the UEFA FFPR calculations. Any large transfer spending, if it is not done in this summer or winter transfer window, would be taken into account by UEFA.

That is why it is so imperative for Liverpool, if they are going to get any transfer money from the new owners, to spend it quickly (and wisely!).

Tomkins times

I don't get this; aren't the board going to take their time over each and every offer? They've made that much clear a couple of times, so for Huang or Bick or whoever to be using The Times to try and force Liverpool's hand is surely just fucking stupid.

And I really think Tony Evans should know better than to be doing the dog work of these clowns, writing stuff like that and putting pressure on the board, given how the last takeover turned out after a relatively quick sale.

If Broughton, Purslow etc are true to their word, and wish to take a fair amount of time to ensure that we're left in capable hands, then more power them. If Huang is going to have his cronies try and force us into his bullshit "take it or leave it" (which shows him up as a bit desperate) then I reckon we'd do well to just steer well clear of him.

If this post has any relevance or substance could someoene summarise it in a few words in Bold.

And the idiot STILL can't get the amount of debt we are currently in correct. 282m and counting you stuttering shit for brains.

....says the Leader of the Bascomites. Even Dave U knows the Bascombe figures are a cock-up. You're way out of your depth. Go back to sticking pins in your Rafa doll until this is all over and we can explain it to you.

They wouldn't, not exactly. IF (and that's obviously a full-capital-letters, no-fucking-around **IF**) the speculation is accurate, the game plan would go something like this:

- One genuine bidder values the club at xxx, submits the required documentation to agent of sale

- Fuckbucket owners value the club at XXX, don't want to accept lower valuation

- Mystery bidder who may or may not be fat and operate a pizza shop and merely happens to be mates with aforementioned fuckbuckets pretends to front a bid that values the club at XXX

- Fuckbucket owners claim mystery bid is real and pressure agent of sale not to accept a valuation below XXX

- Mystery bidder stalls as long as possible without producing proof that his interest is legit

- Agent of sale wants to make the sale amicable to all parties, so attempts to convince genuine bidder to up the ante and produce a profit for fuckbucket owners

Then either...

Option A - Genuine bidder, assuming there is actually a competitive bid, blinks first and ups the ante.

Option B - Genuine bidder, assuming there is no actual competition, calls the bluff and says "Sell now at my price, or I'll fuck off; if you've got another buyer, sell to him, see if I care". The agent caves, selling the club.

Option C - Genuine bidder, assuming there is no actual competition, calls the bluff and says "Sell now at my price, or I'll fuck off; if you've got another buyer, sell to him, see if I care". The agent holds out, the buyer walks away and two months later we get taken into administration.

Thats the game that, according to the Times report and other "ITK" comments, is being played.

If they're wrong, all the above is bullshit.

Actually its bullshit anyway, but hopefully mildly entertaining.

Then either...

Option A - Genuine bidder, assuming there is actually a competitive bid, blinks first and ups the ante.

Option B - Genuine bidder, assuming there is no actual competition, calls the bluff and says "Sell now at my price, or I'll fuck off; if you've got another buyer, sell to him, see if I care". The agent caves, selling the club.

Option C - Genuine bidder, assuming there is no actual competition, calls the bluff and says "Sell now at my price, or I'll fuck off; if you've got another buyer, sell to him, see if I care". The agent holds out, the buyer walks away and two months later we get taken into administration.

Thats the game that, according to the Times report and other "ITK" comments, is being played.

A, B and C all end with the owners leaving. Sounds good to me.

They wouldn't, not exactly. IF (and that's obviously a full-capital-letters, no-fucking-around **IF**) the speculation is accurate, the game plan would go something like this:

- One genuine bidder values the club at xxx, submits the required documentation to agent of sale

- Mystery bidder who may or may not be fat and operate a pizza shop and merely happens to be mates with aforementioned fuckbuckets pretends to front a bid that values the club at XXX

- Fuckbucket owners claim mystery bid is real and pressure agent of sale not to accept a valuation below XXX

- Mystery bidder stalls as long as possible without producing proof that his interest is legit

- Agent of sale wants to make the sale amicable to all parties, so attempts to convince genuine bidder to up the ante and produce a profit for fuckbucket owners

Then either...

As excellent a summation as you are likely to find.

Thanks, So8.

And DM.

There should be a cut off point for that though. Any bidder should've been cut off if proof wasn't provided days ago. Something fucked up is going on at the moment and even if Huang ends up with the club tomorrow we'd better find out just what the fuck has been going on, because it sounds like a massive shambles right now.

Then either...

So what if Option B happens against the will of H&G, do they have the rights to pursue legal action against the club that the board and MB sold to a bid which had a lower price than the one they wanted to sell, from what I understood they could choose who to sell the club to if one or more bids are received but they can't block a sale if only one bid is received, it could take years for the court to prove that Kirdi was going to buy the club with loans and a paper stating "I can't wait to start working at LFC" may be enough to convince the court that Kirdi was legit and not a stalling tactic.

There should be a cut off point for that though. Any bidder should've been cut off if proof wasn't provided days ago. Something fucked up is going on at the moment and even if Huang ends up with the club tomorrow we'd better find out just what the fuck has been going on, because it sounds like a massive shambles right now.

Yeah, true. All I can think of is, our illustrious cunts H&G maybe going to the edge to try and preserve their position. A hypothetical would be the board meeting to recommend a preffered bidder on Friday (If you believe the ITK chatter they were going to release a major announcement, then backtracked and put out the non-statement), the Americans start threatening legal action (like Egyptian Red says just above) against the board/club for acting against their interests in recommending a lower value bid. Broughton backs down to try another approach to Huang for more money, who turns around and says "Sell now or I'll fuck off."

Pure speculation of course. But you can bank on the fact the Americans will do anything and everything to save the profit they've been wanting out of this mess.

Personally, I think the legal angle is a bit of a red herring. I don't think they could go after the club, just the individual directors who voted against them (under fiduciary obligation) -- and they'd almost certainly lose if the sale process had been followed properly, and only one approach had provided a formal bid with the proper documentation. I'm no lawyer, but that makes sense to me.

Yeah, true. All I can think of is, our illustrious cunts H&G maybe going to the edge to try and preserve their position. A hypothetical would be the board meeting to recommend a preffered bidder on Friday (If you believe the ITK chatter they were going to release a major announcement, then backtracked and put out the non-statement), the Americans start threatening legal action (like Egyptian Red says just above) against the board/club for acting against their interests in recommending a lower value bid. Broughton backs down to try another approach to Huang for more money, who turns around and says "Sell now or I'll fuck off."

Pure speculation of course. But you can bank on the fact the Americans will do anything and everything to save the profit they've been wanting out of this mess.

Personally, I think the legal angle is a bit of a red herring. I don't think they could go after the club, just the individual directors who voted against them (under fiduciary obligation) -- and they'd almost certainly lose if the sale process had been followed properly, and only one approach had provided a formal bid with the proper documentation. I'm no lawyer, but that makes sense to me.

Don't underestimate how far CnA will go (even to the point of the frivolous) in terms of legal avenues to prolong, delay, hang on and try to steal what they can get their grubby hands on before they have their names taken off the club and their parking spaces redistributed. They are thieves of the highest order and will do everything they possibly can to make this an absolute clusterfuck for the fans and more importantly for the club. I can wait another day or even another week to make sure that when this goes thru (to Huang or whoever (JUST PLEASE NOT PIZZA BOY)) that their are no more loopholes for those snakes to slither thru to try to keep leeching off Liverpool FC.

All I can think of is, our illustrious cunts H&G maybe going to the edge to try and preserve their position. A hypothetical would be the board meeting to recommend a preffered bidder on Friday (If you believe the ITK chatter they were going to release a major announcement, then backtracked and put out the non-statement), the Americans start threatening legal action (like Egyptian Red says just above) against the board/club for acting against their interests in recommending a lower value bid. Broughton backs down to try another approach to Huang for more money, who turns around and says "Sell now or I'll fuck off."

Might not be far off with that. At least we'll know what's going on soon because this can't carry on much longer.

Don't underestimate how far CnA will go (even to the point of the frivolous) in terms of legal avenues to prolong, delay, hang on and try to steal what they can get their grubby hands on before they have their names taken off the club and their parking spaces redistributed. They are thieves of the highest order and will do everything they possibly can to make this an absolute clusterfuck for the fans and more importantly for the club. I can wait another day or even another week to make sure that when this goes thru (to Huang or whoever (JUST PLEASE NOT PIZZA BOY)) that their are no more loopholes for those snakes to slither thru to try to keep leeching off Liverpool FC.

Fuck them, we'll turn their lives into a joke, not worth worrying about. People go on about waking up the beast, etc, and if they're still here past october they'll soon find out what that means, because enough fans will realise they'll deserve it by that point.

There's just no way out for them other than getting out of the club, kind of why I'm not as bothered anymore.

Edited by Red Phoenix