You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that Broughton could have a huge say in our future and could potentially play a huge part in saving our club. Do you think waving a huge banner insulting him is going to help us?

Don't know one way or the other, if he's as professional as people think a banner wouldn't matter to him anyway, but as for having a go at any supporter for that banner because it might hurt Broughtons / Purslows feelings, that argument you can stick up your arse.

L/F, don't think Im having a go at you or anyone else, I can't cause I've done fuck all, just have respect for those who do.

No one's denying they mean well, but putting Broughton and even Purslow in remotely the same league as the owners is myopic at best. And at this time in particular, pretty stupid.

No one's denying they mean well, but putting Broughton and even Purslow in remotely the same league as the owners is myopic at best. And at this time in particular, pretty stupid.

I know they aren't in the same league, dunno where that came from.

Bit pissed now but I was trying to say our own support whether from RAWK or anywhere don't deserve to be knocked for making an effort which I thought was happening.

You like Purslow and Broughton mate? Tell me why I should to.

As I see it, there's been no evidence at all to suggest that Broughton isn't doing what he said he would, i.e. overseeing and facilitating the sale of LFC in a way that would be the most beneficial to LFC.

If any evidence comes out that he's not done that job then I'll be the first to castigate him. But none has so far. As far as we know he's conducting the process as per his claims.

Speaking only for myself, it's not that I 'like' Broughton, it's just that I'm waiting to see whether he does what he said he will. And as such, lumping him in with Cancer and Aids is, as things stand, completely unjustified.

That notwithstanding, I admire the verve of those who created the banner. I just think Broughton shouldn't be on it, and as such I'm a bit embarassed that it's going to be there tomorrow.

Don't know one way or the other, if he's as professional as people think a banner wouldn't matter to him anyway, but as for having a go at any supporter for that banner because it might hurt Broughtons / Purslows feelings, that argument you can stick up your arse.

Incredible isn't it, the hypocrisy.

Now going after Purslow is a wild goose chase..... hahahahaaa

Who's he working for again and who's he been telling lies for? What about those past links with his equity firm and Hick' acquisition company. How dare a supporters banner offend a friend of a friend of the owners and current employees of theirs.

We'll never win this fight. Our support is no different to the average support, made up of pithy, self serving, loud mouthed, one eyed jokers from afar, a support diluted to fuck of all its virtues.

Let's see how loud they are when the dust has settled.

And as such, lumping him in with Cancer and Aids is, as things stand, completely unjustified.

He took up their offer to become chairman didn't he? He's in their employ, isn't he? Good friends with the owners friend, isn't he?

Lo' behold, we don't offend the wealthy Chelsea man.

I'm not concerned about offending him, I'm just saying that he's not yet given me a reason to do so.

He's never going to tell lies so blatant as Purslow did or Gillett did, he'd be an utter fool to not learn from their mistakes but yet he still took their offer up and is now working on their behalf, and identifies with their way of operating, regardless.

I think the time for waiting and seeing is finally over.

Oh, I dunno. We didn't know how much pressure RBS have been putting on C&A until quite recently. I think that when they appointed Martin Broughton to oversee the sale process they did so because they knew they were fucked and had to sell and he absolutely was the best man they could get to do it.

My honest opinion right now is that Broughton is doing a better, a much better job than C&A wanted him to. As evidenced by the fact that the board voted down the refinancing of the RBS debt, according to today's Echo article.

Oh, I dunno. We didn't know how much pressure RBS have been putting on C&A until quite recently. I think that when they appointed Martin Broughton to oversee the sale process they did so because they knew they were fucked and had to sell and he absolutely was the best man they could get to do it.

My honest opinion right now is that Broughton is doing a better, a much better job than C&A wanted him to. As evidenced by the fact that the board voted down the refinancing of the RBS debt, according to today's Echo article.

That's a whole lot of positive assumption. Forgive my cynicism but i think Michael Klein, friend of Hicks and Gillett, recommended Broughton for reasons that do not consider the best interests of the club and its supporters, first and foremost.

That's a whole lot of positive assumption. Forgive my cynicism but i think Michael Klein, friend of Hicks and Gillett, recommended Broughton for reasons that do not consider the best interests of the club and its supporters, first and foremost.

Truthfully, I don't know the first thing about how they happened to come upon Broughton.

The Echo says that the board engaged this Slaughter and May firm to defend their position in voting down C&A's plans.

I can't vouch for his sources, but if that's true it's a pretty huge signal of integrity and good and honourable intent.

We have seen Bascombe for years pursuing the agenda of whoever is his source. He was handed solid sources on the plate when he was with the Echo. Now he has to earn the trust of sources. Nobody trusts him except Carragher and Gerrard. They trust him because they hire him as their biographer - if he doesn't write what they want, they won't give him the business.

In the last year Purlsow became Purlsow's favourite outlet in his backstairs campaign against Rafa. During his Purlsow phase Bascombe has come to reflect Purslow shifting agenda with respect to the owners - now calling for supportes to "cut them some slack" and today calling them greedy etc.

Last week he gave a garbled explanation of what Purslow had told him about bank charges. He couldn't even get that right when he came to write the report.

Because Purslow is his source he may have access to information but Bascombe reputation as a shifty agenda driven journalist, and Purslow's reputation as a self-interested operator means that even if the two of them do put some information in circulation it cannot be trusted.

As for his latest report. Read all my posts last week to the effect that the owners would not go quietly whatever the bids or whatever the decison of the board - unless the winning bid covered all their debts - including all the money they have lent the club through Kop Holdings - and giving them at least a nominal profit. I also said that the only way this stalemate can be broken is by the proactive decisions of RBS and susbsequently the courts- if they take it there. I don't claim it is based on sources, just common sense and experience. Others have made the same points many times on other fora. Bascombe re-cycles what others have already published.

Edited by diego

From the facts we have don’t think Purslow (lies to SOS, thumbs up at ground – rafa is gone, showing supposed texts from players at dinners..) nor Broughton (not turning up at game because supports Chelsea, saying to reporter how torres should leave…), not sure these individuals are whiter than white meself, we’ve been lied and lied to constantly, - if any banner appears at the ground - one thing we do know is that the ones who produce it (whether you think misguided or not) care more for the club than any of the aforementioned fuckers, just think of that before you have a go at them and defend the likes of Purslow etc.

Agree completely. Its laughable how the TLW radicals are radical about one thing only - their personal distaste for Rafa. But if someone feeds their need to feel ITK by offering them a morsel of "inside information" they don't care where it came from - Bascombe, Purlsow, Broughton or Ayre.

This banner thing is a joke.

Makes us all look stupid.

People think Broughtons a twat.

Call him a twat in public.

Then, if he starts to act like a twat, you can say you were right.

Its called a self-fulfilling prophecy and it fucking embarrassing.

The banner shite is not about the club, its about egos.

that banner is a joke and i hope whoever tries to get it into the ground gets twatted.

Freedom of speech. I don't see it having any effect in any direction. Let the banners fly, at least people get to vent a bit, and feel better during a miserable time for the club.